PDA

View Full Version : Gauntlet Dark Legacy Ships for Xbox

DZNUTZ
04-22-2002, 12:25 PM
Gauntlet Dark Legacy Ships for Xbox 4/22/2002, by Elizabeth
Midway Games announced today that Gauntlet Dark Legacy will ship tomorrow on Xbox. Recreated for next-generation systems, Gauntlet Dark Legacy is a one to four player action-adventure videogame, which allows as many as four game players to battle cooperatively and interact simultaneously.

Continuing the time-honored "hack-n-slash" style of gameplay, players work as a team as they embark on a quest to save the world. Using a force of special weapons, exotic magical powers and deadly combination attacks, players slay hordes of evil minions and hideous creatures -- such as Golems, Dragons and Chimera -- while searching for treasure, evading traps and solving the many mysteries of Gauntlet Dark Legacy.

"Now Xbox owners will be able to experience Gauntlet Dark Legacy's time-honored cooperative four-player experience," said Helene Sheeler, vice president of marketing, Midway.

Whether playing alone or with companions, players adventure through eight magical realms -- Mountain, Desert, Forest and Castle and the new Ice, Town, Sky and Dream worlds. Throughout each mystical realm, players are challenged to find obelisks, rune stones and countless other items while confronting more than 50 different enemies and challenging bosses.

Players can choose from a variety of characters -- including the new Jester, Sorceress, Dwarf and Knight -- who possess the ability to perform special turbo attacks and deadly combination moves during battle. Each character has different attributes, so players must decide which character they believe is best equipped to handle the next adventure. Players can also find more than 42 secret characters and unlock their hidden, split personalities.
http://www.xbox365.com/news/zcomment.cgi?article=EpEAulElludJkmxLju

Ninja Scroll
04-22-2002, 12:29 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:D

LynxFX
04-22-2002, 12:31 PM
I thought the arcade version of the first one was alot of fun so I might take a look into this one. It is as close to role playing as I will go. :)

Nato King
04-22-2002, 01:06 PM
The game was ok on DC but I feel that I will rent this game before I even look into buy this.:)

l Maximus l
04-22-2002, 01:53 PM
I'm with Serg...I'll rent it before buying it. I'm far more excited about Hunter: The Reckoning!!! :D

Spaztic
04-22-2002, 01:54 PM
I own legends on N64 is this game the same thing, with a few upgrades, or is it a completely new game?

LynxFX
04-22-2002, 02:04 PM
I never played all the console versions and only a little bit on the arcade version.

Even if this was a rehash of the past version, would it be worth it for me to get? I know I plunked alot of quarters and it was addicting. Maybe I should just wait for Hunter like Maximus.

l Maximus l
04-22-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
I never played all the console versions and only a little bit on the arcade version.

Even if this was a rehash of the past version, would it be worth it for me to get? I know I plunked alot of quarters and it was addicting. Maybe I should just wait for Hunter like Maximus.

Dude, I know what you mean about Gauntlet at the Arcade! Man! I must have spent $10 on a session! lol

It's a really fun game, I just hope that the XBox version is the same or up to the same level. If it is, I'll definately buy it...but, I won't buy it without renting it first just to make sure.

Hunter just has me far more excited, though :)