PDA

View Full Version : Customizing ur XBOX

Anthony4sho
04-22-2002, 03:35 PM
did any of u read the article on page 40 of mays issue of xbox magazine about how to customize ur xbox? da results are raw as hell. I tried it on my controller, and it came out great but derz no way i would try it on my xbox. Did anybody else read this aritcle or try it?

l Maximus l
04-22-2002, 03:37 PM
Yeah, there were several people that did it in here...a few posted some pics, too. Personally, I can't justify painting anything, whether it's my XBox or my controllers! I would imagine that the paint on the controllers may eventually break down from sweat and end up on your hands leaving the controller messed up. It looks cool, though, but, I have no interest in it as I prefer them black anyway :)

FlyBoy
04-22-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Yeah, there were several people that did it in here...a few posted some pics, too. Personally, I can't justify painting anything, whether it's my XBox or my controllers! I would imagine that the paint on the controllers may eventually break down from sweat and end up on your hands leaving the controller messed up. It looks cool, though, but, I have no interest in it as I prefer them black anyway :)

Ditto... why mess with the best? Black and green rule!:eek:

LynxFX
04-22-2002, 05:05 PM
I have some metalic color changing paint that I'll use on the big X. I'm just waiting for it to warm up. It changes from metallic green to metallic blue to metallic purple. It is pretty sweet looking stuff.

No Fear 23
04-22-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
I have some metalic color changing paint that I'll use on the big X. I'm just waiting for it to warm up. It changes from metallic green to metallic blue to metallic purple. It is pretty sweet looking stuff.

what kind of paint r u using?

Snoopy7548
04-22-2002, 06:03 PM
oh dude, i think ive seen that kind of paint on a car! it was soooo awesome, it was metallic-like, and it changed colors, i was like whoa!! lol:D

LynxFX
04-22-2002, 06:10 PM
Exactly Snoop. It is autopaint. It goes on in 3 different stages, each requiring a few layers. It was like $20 at Walmart and it was the last set when I was at mine. I haven't tried it on anything yet, but I guess it changes color depending on what angle you look at it.

Figure I'll do up my PC with it too. :D

Snoopy7548
04-22-2002, 06:12 PM
im gettin a hummer with that kind of paint, lol:D aha, some kid in my school (he was a senior last year), drove his hummer to school, i was like, fo sheezy!!!!!lol, it was so awesome

Nato King
04-23-2002, 11:30 AM
I would customize it but I am scared to. I don't want to break my xbox or to make it not work anymore. I love my xbox.:)

FlyBoy
04-23-2002, 11:43 AM
I haven't tried it on anything yet, but I guess it changes color depending on what angle you look at it.

Figure I'll do up my PC with it too. :D

You're brave... I don't think I'd put a paintbrush anywhere near my XBOX or my PC (especially if I'd never even tried it on anything else!). Good luck though, and post some pix on here when you're done please.:cool:

JohnB
04-23-2002, 11:51 AM
lol... those cars you see that turn a buttload of different colors are called camilion (spelling?) paint jobs. An example:

http://www.carandmodel.com/modules.php?set_albumName=hin20020413&id=aro&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

It costs about $6000 to do. Or you can keep your car the same color and add, what they call, a pearl color... so say u have a white car with blue pearl. Your car will be white but you will see shades of shiny blue from different angles and from the sun. It's a little cheaper to do this. If you guys really wanna do camilion paint jobs to your xboxes and pc's and what now.. well good luck cause it's not easy to make it look right.. oh and post some pics when you do :D

Duke
04-23-2002, 11:53 AM
not interested in painting my 'box at all, but the real reason i'm posting is to compliment lynxfx on his sig. with 1200 some odd posts, i can't imagine why i haven't seen it before.

l Maximus l
04-23-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
not interested in painting my 'box at all, but the real reason i'm posting is to compliment lynxfx on his sig. with 1200 some odd posts, i can't imagine why i haven't seen it before.

Lynxfx's sig is actually just a few days old. He recently made it...and, yes! I agree, it's sweet! Very cool since he even made it from scratch!

As for the painting the black and green beauty...it's not for me, gentlemen. I love it the way it is :)

FuNkY mOnK
04-23-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by JohnB
lol... those cars you see that turn a buttload of different colors are called camilion (spelling?) paint jobs. An example:

http://www.carandmodel.com/modules.php?set_albumName=hin20020413&id=aro&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Johnb great site, as an auto-tech this is a wonderland for me, as is my xbox.:)

LynxFX
04-23-2002, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the props on the sig. Got a new one coming again. :)

Anyway, I just want to paint the top X, around the Jewel. Not over the vents or anything. I'll pop off the cover which shouldn't be too hard. I customize PC cases all the time so it isn't that I'm not familiar with the process. I've just never used this particular paint before. I'll definately post pics when I'm done. Might be my weekend project if it stays warm outside.

Snoop,

Someone drives a Hummer to school? What the heck kinda school do you go to? LOL

Snoopy7548
04-23-2002, 03:10 PM
Snoop,

Someone drives a Hummer to school? What the heck kinda school do you go to? LOL

lol, that was last year, when he was a senior. i think it was his brothers though, its not a rich school though. but most of the kids have some nice cars, like bmw's and stuff, but alot of kids have sh*t cars too.:D

LynxFX
04-23-2002, 04:32 PM
Damn, a Hummer is like $90k starting. I went to a school where everyone drove sh*t cars. :) Of course I didn't get a car until 3 years after high school.

Snoopy7548
04-23-2002, 04:41 PM
lol, i havent gotten a car yet, both my brother got cars, but i dont know if im gonna get one, im gettin my license on may 8th, my mom says that im gonna have to buy my own, cause were having some "money problems", lol.:D

K Dawg
04-23-2002, 08:19 PM
hey JohnB i was wondering what editing program you used to put that face on that body in the counterstrike game that u use for ur logo...?

JohnB
04-23-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK

Johnb great site, as an auto-tech this is a wonderland for me, as is my xbox.:)

hehe ya... I love cars very much whether it be imports or domestics... personally, I drive a 97 civic ex thats slightly modded for now...

K Dawg - my friend did that (that's his head btw). I always kill him in CS so I made him do that. I'm assuming he used photoshop with the lasso highlighting thing it has.

Snoopy7548
04-24-2002, 02:50 PM
lol, i just saw my principal, and she was driving a freakin nice bmw with tinted windows and stuff.:D