PDA

View Full Version : XBox game release ratio

l Maximus l
04-22-2002, 03:53 PM
As you all know, the XBox launched in North America on November 15th, 2001, approximately 6 months ago.

One thing I have noticed is people complaining how the XBox lacks games. This may change your perspective.

According to XBox.com, the official website for Microsoft XBox, we have 80 games out.

The fact that there are 80 XBox games available in 6 months shows that there is a new game on the market every 2 1/4 days that go by. Not a bad ratio for a new console :)

Dre
04-22-2002, 05:16 PM
True... now how many of those 80 would you pay for? :)

My opinion is that there aren't enough must-buy titles yet. But I guess that all depends on your preferences. I can't wait for the upcoming titles that are being released though!!!

Morrowind, Brute Force, Hunter, etc.. are all going to be sweet

Calve
04-22-2002, 05:45 PM
UUHHHH

Max i got the new XBox.com newsletter and it said there are 62 games on store shelves........:D

I think ur mixin it up with how many games they have on the site and some of those games atre yet to be released

Peace

Anthony4sho
04-22-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
As you all know, the XBox launched in North America on November 15th, 2001, approximately 6 months ago.

One thing I have noticed is people complaining how the XBox lacks games. This may change your perspective.

According to XBox.com, the official website for Microsoft XBox, we have 80 games out.

The fact that there are 80 XBox games available in 6 months shows that there is a new game on the market every 2 1/4 days that go by. Not a bad ratio for a new console :)

Dam, i mean i knew the XBOX was good becuz they only been out for a little more than half a year and were already dominating but DAM!!!!! I didnt kno dey were doin diz good. At first when u hear that there are 80 gamez out it doesn't sound all dat great but when u hear there is a new game every 2 1/4 dayz datz unbelievable! Propz to all the people at microsoft and all da game developerz dat are making XBOX the number 1 system. And u kno what dat meanz? der could possibly be 160-200 gamez at the end of this year or maybe even sooner probably at least 40-60 of those gamez hits or maybe even more. WOW!!! lmao

l8erz

Snoopy7548
04-22-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Dre
True... now how many of those 80 would you pay for? :)

My opinion is that there aren't enough must-buy titles yet.

yea, but think about the ps2. it has a sh*tload of games, but how many of them would u actually buy?:D

Dre
04-22-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548

yea, but think about the ps2. it has a sh*tload of games, but how many of them would u actually buy?:D

Only one.. FFX... :) Gotta jet.. the Sens are about to kick some Philly butt!

E-Xbox
04-22-2002, 08:43 PM
yea yea
i also saw that there was like 62 or 67 games out for xbox..
and considering i have 10......
wow!

peace

Dave
04-22-2002, 10:36 PM
62 games is cool! :p

Out of the 62 there are few I consider must have, willing to pay 50 bucks for games though, and even of the few I thought would be must have's in my small collection of Xbox games are kinda lame though. :mad:

I believe blockbuster is gonna start selling used Xbox games soon though, and some of the many half ass Xbox titles I probably will be willing to shell out 20-25 for though. :D

GokuX
04-22-2002, 10:49 PM
I've been pleased with the gaming stream because to me there have been several good titles released in a regular interval that tide you over until the next good batch of games. My expectations of game release numbers have been surpassed. I was at the rental store and was looking at all the Xbox games they had and was somewhat amazed that there are so many already. They even cleared a new section specifically for Xbox. Keep em coming is what I say, keep em coming..

Kortiz
04-22-2002, 11:21 PM
hehe same as calve i got the newsletter and it said like 62games out....even though that is diff from 80 games out i have 3 awesome games for my xbox and im very pleased.

i feel the same about xbox as i did and still do feel about Dreamcast. With just 3 or 4 games that is/was well worth the money i paid for the console alone

DZNUTZ
04-22-2002, 11:27 PM
i'm pleased with the # of games to date...and i consider most of my personal collection to be must owns...and with the number of games and the hype i personally have for several of them...not even to mention when online rolls out and some of the functions xbox can ALREADY perform and others can't....i haven't and still don't regret my purchase in anyway whatsoeva

Duke
04-23-2002, 12:17 PM
for me, i am content with the amount of games currently out.

I am fairly choosy, as I spend most of my money elsewhere (only the DEA knows) As far as the future releases (especially with the upcoming FPS's) Maybe I'll have to rethink my self-medicating habits.

l Maximus l
04-23-2002, 12:34 PM
The beautiful thing about everything is that the current games we have are only first generation XBox games...which started their development before the final specs were finished on the XBox. Think about how 2nd and 3rd generation games will be like!! :eek: It is said that Halo only utilizes 45% of the XBoxes graphical capabilities. That should give us an amazing perspective!

Calve
04-24-2002, 04:10 PM
62 games is real good for a new system....

loo k peeps!!!! E3 is coming we'll have a $#it load of new games announced and now we have 2 AMAZING MUST HAVE TITLES coming out within one week of eachother

Morrowind:D :p and Hunter:D :p

Xbox is da Shiz nat

Peace

Jiri
05-09-2002, 08:48 AM
Who cares how many games are out for the Xbox, what really matters is how many of them are worth buying, and how they rate; albeit a subjective opinion. However, look at Halo, Max Payne, Silent Hill 2, FIFA World Cup 2k2 and NHL 2002 and more, and you have got a darn good line-up to start! Sony PS2 has a couple hundred titles, but the graphics are poor and the titles are lame.:o

Highlite23
05-09-2002, 09:08 AM
The quantity over quality debate is subjective at best.

I look at it this way...60 or 80, doesn't matter. It's been 6 months and i own 12 games "I FEEL" are must haves.

2 games a month is perfect, if that trend continues or increases, i'll be happy.

And as Max pointed out, were still on 1st gen games. The next few months should be stellar.

As for PS2...I have 2 freinds that havn't caved and gone with xbox. With all of the games PS2 has out, they each own 26 & 30.

We have about the same tastes in games and aren't as hard core as some in here, but do the math. Obviously were talking about 3 people , but i think you get my point.

I think the numbers are scewed a little, I don't think "HARD CORE" gamers buy every title out, so there collection is based on qulity. The trendy gamer, as i call them, just buy titles so they have all the latest, great or not.

Then there is my group, i usually like all the games Hard Core gamers like, but i also like "FUN" games...Fusion Frenzy, SSX Tricky, you know what i meen.

I would love to keep the mix of gamers the way it is for the BOX, i see more and more "LEMINGS' being PS2 fans. But thats there choice.

At 6 months, based on the system and games only, i give XBOX an A.:cool:

AcidJazz
05-09-2002, 09:17 AM
Hey guys,
look at June line up - it makes me cry because i can't afford so many games that i would like to own...:( I believe that this list isn't even complete. I would like to buy at least 5-6 games from this list.

· Mike Tyson Heavyweight Boxing (XBOX)
Release Date: 06/04/2002

· Outlaw Golf (XBOX)
Release Date: 06/11/2002

· Commandos 2 (XBOX)
Release Date: 06/11/2002

· The House of the Dead 3 (XBOX)
Release Date: 06/15/2002

· Sega GT 2002 (XBOX)

· Shayde: Monsters vs. Humans (XBOX)

· Toxic Grind (XBOX)
Release Date: 06/17/2002

· Prisoner of War (XBOX)
Release Date: 06/18/2002

· Chase (XBOX)
Release Date: 06/26/2002

· Gunmetal (XBOX)
Release Date: Q2 2002

· Phantom Crash (XBOX)

· Enclave (XBOX)
Release Date: Q2 2002 (Europe)

· International Superstar Soccer 2 (XBOX)
Release Date: 06/30/2002

· Conflict: Desert Storm (XBOX)

· Totaled! (XBOX)

· Yager (XBOX)