PDA

View Full Version : Infinite!

Durden-XBA
04-22-2002, 08:49 PM
Where did you hear about the emulator disc (DC ---> XBox)? Any links? If that were true, WOW, I could save some mega bucks!

Infinite
04-22-2002, 09:05 PM
take it for just a rumor right now.

but according to glenny (woman who works for microsoft on advertising campaigns who stops at our store) she said that sega and xbox share very similar plans on the online strategy.
and sega wants to make some money off this plan. right now its being said that the price for the online play (per month) would be 15$. Im assuming 5 of that 15 could go towards sega and in return sega will start work on an xbox emulator for dreamcast games. dont take it as a fact now wait till after E3..:)

Im pretty sure this is some of the big news there holding back that weve heard so much about.:)

Durden-XBA
04-23-2002, 05:12 AM
I can't believe this thread didn't get more responses... I think that this emulator would really help MS make a solid push towards becoming the most popular next generation console around. NTM it sure would shut up all of those people who say that there aren't enough games out ;) And considering that half of our games right now are PS2 ports... I'm sure that a few (100) more couldn't do any harm.

I really hope that this is a legit thing, 'cause I almost bought a DC recently just for a handful of games. *Phew*

Thanks again!

GokuX
04-23-2002, 05:16 AM
Hey Durden this is somewhat related. Sega contracted a company to convert 12 DC games for use on the Xbox. 4 of them are running on so far. I'm not sure they would spend the money for that if they had an emulator that could do the job instead. I could be wrong though.

Durden-XBA
04-23-2002, 05:40 AM
Hey GX... Where'd ya get this info? Do you happen to know what games they contracted? Or are you talking about the Sega Classics series that they're talking about producing?

GokuX
04-23-2002, 05:45 AM
Here you go, I couldn't remember where I got the info so I'll link you to the original post I made, that had the link and article in it.
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9952&highlight=some+dreamcast+games+will

Check out my first post in it, this is the only info I could find about the DC thing. Whoa I just re-read what I posted in that thread. Sega didn't contract it, it was a company that is in alliance with Sega. My bad, this may change my earlier assumptions a bit.

Halo of Flies
04-23-2002, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Durden
I almost bought a DC recently just for a handful of games. *Phew*

This emulator (if it exists) would be great in showing off the power of XBOX) but if you wanna play DC games then just buy one. Dunno about where you live but I could walk out today and get one for half the price of an XBOX game. I've even considered getting a spare DC and probably will at some point.

Durden-XBA
04-23-2002, 06:19 AM
You could seriously find one for under $30?! I live in San Diego, CA. Any hints on where I could pick one up for cheap out here?

UnitedKingdom
04-23-2002, 07:31 AM
Import one from England, there so cheap over here and it could be chipped very easily to play american games.:p

Halo of Flies
04-23-2002, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Durden
You could seriously find one for under $30?! I live in San Diego, CA. Any hints on where I could pick one up for cheap out here?
No, remember that we are ripped off here in the UK. A new XBOX game would cost me £40-£45 (about $60) and a 'used' DC would cost me £30 (around $45) although someone told me the other day that they had bought one from a friend for £20 ($30).

The best DC deal in the UK was one that my friend got from toys'r'us. He picked up a DC, 4 games, extra controller, VMU and a steering wheel for about £100. That would be a bargain now but that was about six months ago.

I know this has nothing to do with the thread but I got SUCH a deal a couple of days ago on a Nintendo 64! I do Sunday market and after setting up I often have a walk 'round to see if there are any bargains that I can buy, mark up and re-sell. Anyway, this week I saw an N64 and asked the girl on the stall how much she wanted. "£40" she replied (about $60). I pulled a bit of a face and she added "There's a box of stuff underneath it that is included in the price". So, I moved the N64, took a look in the box, knocked here down an extra £5 (hey, if you don't try..) and walked back to my stall.

When I sorted it all out there was (apart from the N64) 4 official pads (boxed), 3 official memory cards (boxed), 3 official rumble packs (boxed), 7 games (Goldeneye, Zelda etc.) and 3 guide books. Not bad for £35 ($50-$55)!.