PDA

View Full Version : Dave Mirra 2 Impossible!

Durden-XBA
04-23-2002, 05:45 AM
Well... Not the whole thing, but has anyone completed the:

Hardcore challenge on Woodward Park where you have to grind down 545 (or so) feet on those 5 split rails?

I've almost gotten thru the entire rest of the game, but for the life of me I STILL can't complete this damm challenge! I even try doing manuals if I don't make the jump between, but then I just end up losing too much speed. FYI: I'm using the Slim Jim Guy's #3 Bike.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance.

~Frustrated

Hermes
04-23-2002, 06:01 AM
Dude! That is the most frustrating challenge in the damn game! I can never grind all five rails so I just hit the last three because I can consistenly transfer between them. Then when I get to the end of the last one, I manual over to that go kart track and grind the long rail on the left to get over 525. It aint pretty, Its not efficient but it's the only way I can beat that freakin challenge. The only other challenge that gives me this much trouble is the insane challenge on swamptrails.

Durden-XBA
04-23-2002, 06:10 AM
Haha! Glad I'm not the only one... I didn't even think to go to the left railing by the carts! Thanks a ton... I guess we'll find out soon how well that really works :rolleyes:

Hermes
04-23-2002, 07:37 AM
I'm not saying its easier but that was the only way I could do it. I hate that freakin challenge. I hope you have more luck than I do. I love that game but damn if it doesn't make me want to beat my controllers up against the wall.

UnitedKingdom
04-23-2002, 07:54 AM
I did it by just doing manuals in between the rails (doesn't matter if you miss one) then once i got to the end i just turned round and started grindin the rails UP the hill. Piece of cake.

Jon27
04-28-2002, 04:09 PM
games flawed

Durden-XBA
04-28-2002, 05:35 PM
Jon27, thanks for the incredible insight!

Aaaaanyways - Hermes, thanks a ton! I did it using the railing up the right side and got it on my 2nd try! Now I suppose it's back to the Swamp Trails for me, eh?

I have to admit though, that the game becomes makedly easier with a better bike as well... I'm on Slim Jim #3 with that guy. Cool.

P-Rock
05-05-2002, 05:19 PM
Yeah Durden, you're definetly not the only one with that problem. I just did the cheat to open up all levels. But I still couldn't get the 525 Feet, and it ****ED ME OFF! I heard from my friend though that you can use manuals, and I tried it, and it worked. Still, they shouldn't of made that stunt so hard, and DEFINETLY not in the first level of the game!

Calve
05-14-2002, 08:39 PM
it took me about 45 mins to complete......
im a natural at the game though.....im undefeated in multiplayer...:D

Peace

RadRider
05-16-2002, 03:23 PM
I never even thought to use manuals! That should make things much easier.
Man, I hope Mirra 3 is a bigger improvement over 2 than 2 was over 1. That would be sweet.