PDA

View Full Version : OXM for June

Brevity
04-23-2002, 09:04 AM
Cover- Talks about Brute force.... the next Halo? Best RPG of all time....... Project Ego. Mortal Kombat is back and is bloodier than ever. X-boz going online

Reviews

Pirates legend of black cat---------7.1

NFL Blitz-------------7.0

Burnout---------------8.0

Smashing drive----------5.0

All Star Baseball 2003-------------6.2

ESPN NBA 2 Night 2002---------------4.2

Previews

Mortal Kombat------ Awesome screens

Ghost Recon----------- Looks ok

Project ego--------- :eek:

Mace Griffin---------- Looks cool

Crimson Skies---------- Awesome graphics

Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller------------ Theres fire coming out of the wheels

Toxic Grind---------------------- Looks lame to me

Terminator DOF ----------- Looks alot like devil may cry

Splash Down--------- Looks like wave race

Robotech---------------- WOW, this is my number 1 pic. This looks so awesome. It has awesome cel shading

Kung Fu Chaos------------Monkeys doing kunfu

Mech Assualt--------------------- Giant robots, cool

Steel Battalion--------------- Wow, this looks really confusing but awesome

Ninja Scroll
04-23-2002, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the scrores a nd previews Brevity;)

For some reason I seems to be one of the less fortunate XBA kids to get my OXM issue:(
Oh well, as long as comrades like yourself tell me what I need to know im cool:cool:
YO, what games are playable on da Demo disc?

GokuX
04-23-2002, 09:15 AM
Don't forget the DOA3 booster discoteta.

Ninja Scroll
04-23-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by GokuX
Don't forget the DOA3 booster discoteta.

Wait a sec..:confused: ... I believe it's not due until the July issue which wont be out until June?
Did something change?:eek:

GokuX
04-23-2002, 09:25 AM
From the way some are talking it sounds like they have the booster issue. Read the threads about it down below. Baah, we need some confirmation here! I don't wanna waste gas to pick up the latest issue if that booster isn't in there. Well, here is what our XBA buddy Irule23 says in his post in the DOA3 Booster thread:

i got my june issue today!!!

omfg, the doa3 booster disc was awesome and the infomation about the halo too

Brevity
04-23-2002, 09:49 AM
DISC: Playables
Halo
JSRF
Max Payne
Test Drive Off-Road Wide Open
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2

DOA3 Bosster Disc

FlyBoy
04-23-2002, 10:35 AM
Sweet, I need to find a store in this little town that carries current mags. How much is the news stand price, anyone mind letting me know?

techie
04-23-2002, 10:58 AM
$9.00 here in the good ole USA.

Don't feel left out Ninja Scroll, a lot of us haven't
received our subscription issues yet. :(

FlyBoy
04-23-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by techie

Gracias... I'll have to run uptown later and check it out!:)

Ninja Scroll
04-23-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by techie

Misery loves company, so atleast im not alone!:D
But geeeez, it does get to you when you like one of the last people to get something everyone else has had for weeks.

I mean d@mn, im still waiting for my Naki Case:( :o :(
I think Stephan forgot about the XBA's offical Icon, Role Model, and Xbox Addict Savior!:confused:

btw, good to know the booster disc is in their.
Now I can dust off that copy of DOA3.:)

FlyBoy
04-23-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Misery loves company, so atleast im not alone!:D Now I can dust off that copy of DOA3.

Soul Asylum rules! (if thats what you're referring to) :cool: Yeah, it'll be nice to dig DOA3 out from the bottom of the XBOX games pile.;)

Ninja Scroll
04-23-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by FlyBoy

Gracias... I'll have to run uptown later and check it out!:)

GokuX & Flyboy, you two mean to tell me ya'll dont even subscribe to OXM?
You know how much money you two can save if you get your by mail?!:eek: :confused: :eek:

If im not mistaken the newstand prices are $7.99 per issue!.... can you say..."OUCH"?:o

Ninja Scroll
04-23-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by FlyBoy

Soul Asylum rules! (if thats what you're referring to) :cool: Yeah, it'll be nice to dig DOA3 out from the bottom of the XBOX games pile.;)

Yeah, that poor games has not gotten no playing time in Ninja's Xbox since the first week I bought it along with the console & halo.
I guess this booster disc will justify my $50.00 I dropped on it!:D

FlyBoy
04-23-2002, 11:39 AM

You know how much money you two can save if you get your by mail?!:eek: :confused: :eek:

If im not mistaken the newstand prices are $7.99 per issue!.... can you say..."OUCH"?:o

I know, I know... I need to just throw down the money and get the subscription. Maybe I'll send in the card inside the magazine when I buy it today.:cool:

linkycat
04-23-2002, 11:41 AM
I don't subscribe yet either.... I'm stuck with Newsstand because I'm on the road so much between living places in the performing world. However!

You can pick it up in stores, I believe it OXM has a street date of the 7th. So, around that time the DOA3 Booster will be in my hands. Yippee

Brevity
04-23-2002, 11:52 AM
I get several mags, I get this one for alot of reasons but the big one ......I love to get things first. :D

GokuX
04-23-2002, 11:56 AM

Yo Ninja I've never been a big fan of "official" console magazines. I've never even purchased an OXM. My only interest in this edition is due to the DOA3 Booster. Ahh I might subscribe if I like this issue. We'll see....we'll see.....:cool:

Brevity
04-23-2002, 12:04 PM
Prediction GX will be subscribing to OXM

GokuX
04-23-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Brevity

Hey Miss Cleo do you sense that anything bad will happen when I'm driving to the mall to pick this magazine up?? I mean since U're predicting you should know these things LOL.

Ninja Scroll
04-23-2002, 12:43 PM

Ninja predicts GokuX will subscribe too, but he will also renew Ninja Jubei's OXM subscribtion in appreciation for convincing him to get OXM in da mail!! :D

l Maximus l
04-23-2002, 12:45 PM
Wow, this addition sounds sweet! I'll drop by EB to see if they have it in :)

* * jumps out of desk chair and skips like a little school girl while swaying upper body back and forth in a 2 feet diamerter singing "This is the song that never ends" by Barney * * :D

Ninja Scroll
04-23-2002, 12:47 PM

Hey Miss Cleo do you sense that anything bad will happen when I'm driving to the mall to pick this magazine up?? I mean since U're predicting you should know these things LOL. Im not Ms. Cleo, but I am "Ninja da Fortune Teller"! I predict when you go to da mall you will not only buy your OXM issue, but buy your role model-Ninja Scroll a new Xbox game! :cool: ..
...... maybe im wrong, but Ninja's never wrong!;)

GokuX
04-23-2002, 12:56 PM
Im not Ms. Cleo, but I am "Ninja da Fortune Teller"! I predict when you go to da mall you will not only buy your OXM issue, but buy your role model-Ninja Scroll a new Xbox game! :cool: ..
...... maybe im wrong, but Ninja's never wrong!;)

Well Ninja I can't buy you any games I mean you're a ninja. What would people think of me if I was sending games to a ninja. I can guarantee this though, if I do subscribe I will personally PM U myself (something I never do BTW) and thank you. How's that for a deal huh?

techie
04-23-2002, 01:28 PM
My bad, I was thinking issues were around 9 bucks,
but I stand corrected. I've had a subscription since
the first issue and didn't pay any real attention to the price.

My apologies to the group, I feel so ashamed!

Now I gotta go kill something in Halo so I can feel better!!!

Spaztic
04-23-2002, 01:59 PM
Ok I want to know how many extras were in the doa3 expansion. Please let me know how many costumes were added and other goodies. I need details people!

Mahlon
04-23-2002, 03:11 PM
If you subscribe to OXM allow massive amounts of lead time. I sent the card in Feb 20. They sent me something wanting my credit card info in March, which I returned. No magazine yet. I called last week and they said I'm "in the works." :mad:

Brevity
04-23-2002, 04:32 PM

Hey Miss Cleo do you sense that anything bad will happen when I'm driving to the mall to pick this magazine up?? I mean since U're predicting you should know these things LOL.
Well Im not that old black lady, but I can not see any reason that you should not run down and pick up the OXM oh wait it wont hit stands till like the second week in May so till then just know that I will have read it cover to cover before you finish reading this post. lol Get the Mag you wont be let down, I have many mags i get at home and I get everyone for a reason, this one is for the disk. Anyhow let us know what you think of it after you get it.

linkycat
04-23-2002, 04:48 PM
STRAIGHT FROM IGN

Kasumi: 2 outfits - Two school girl costumes
Hitomi: 3 outifts - One school girl plaid skirt outfit and two versions of a skimpy number
Gen Fu: 2 outfits - Leopard robe and Elf outfit
Tina: 1 outfit - Cowgirl getup
Leon: 2 outfits - One silver and one gold gladiatorial outfit
Jann Lee: 1 outfit - Waiter tuxedo
Christie: 2 outfits - One red and one blue one-piece Star Trek-esque costume
Hayate: 1 outfit - Snakeskin muscle shirt
Hayabusa: 1 outfit - Skintight suit with free-flowing hair
Zack: 1 outfit - Sweats
Brad Wong: 2 outfits - One purple and one white formal Chinese martial arts robe
Bass: 1 outfit - Viking getup
Bayman: 1 outfit - Full scuba suit with snorkel and oxygen tank
Liefang: 2 outfits - Sunday dress and Vampirella getup
Helena: 1 outfit - scrumptious I Dream of Jeanie outfit
Ayane: 2 outfits - One blue and one red school girl outfit
Ein: Nothing. Not a thing. Nada.

Hope this helps

Snoopy7548
04-23-2002, 04:52 PM
i got my new july oxm today and the disc doesnt work, i ordered a new one and ill get it in like a month, guess ill just have to wait:eek:

Bart Simpson
04-23-2002, 05:22 PM
I normally get mine like early because one of the OXM places is in Harlan, Iowa. But I haven't got mine. They haven't talked about GTA3 for along time in that OXM also. I'm getting worried it's not going to come out until a while...dangit! Well hopefully this ones better than the SuperMan one (May addition) it was pretty cool but it could be better. Not saying I don't like it either. :)

GokuX
04-23-2002, 05:33 PM

Well Im not that old black lady, but I can not see any reason that you should not run down and pick up the OXM oh wait it wont hit stands till like the second week in May so till then just know that I will have read it cover to cover before you finish reading this post. lol Get the Mag you wont be let down, I have many mags i get at home and I get everyone for a reason, this one is for the disk. Anyhow let us know what you think of it after you get it.

Brev I'll also PM U personally and thank you if I subscribe.

Spaztic
04-23-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by linkycat
STRAIGHT FROM IGN

Kasumi: 2 outfits - Two school girl costumes
Hitomi: 3 outifts - One school girl plaid skirt outfit and two versions of a skimpy number
Gen Fu: 2 outfits - Leopard robe and Elf outfit
Tina: 1 outfit - Cowgirl getup
Leon: 2 outfits - One silver and one gold gladiatorial outfit
Jann Lee: 1 outfit - Waiter tuxedo
Christie: 2 outfits - One red and one blue one-piece Star Trek-esque costume
Hayate: 1 outfit - Snakeskin muscle shirt
Hayabusa: 1 outfit - Skintight suit with free-flowing hair
Zack: 1 outfit - Sweats
Brad Wong: 2 outfits - One purple and one white formal Chinese martial arts robe
Bass: 1 outfit - Viking getup
Bayman: 1 outfit - Full scuba suit with snorkel and oxygen tank
Liefang: 2 outfits - Sunday dress and Vampirella getup
Helena: 1 outfit - scrumptious I Dream of Jeanie outfit
Ayane: 2 outfits - One blue and one red school girl outfit
Ein: Nothing. Not a thing. Nada.

Hope this helps

Thanks! I just couldn't wait to find out myself!

squid413
04-23-2002, 08:23 PM
how much is the subscription and for how many issues or months or watever

Ninja Scroll
04-24-2002, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by squid413
how much is the subscription and for how many issues or months or watever

I know the introductory price was $24.95, but it maybe $29.95 now. But no more than that.
And you will get 12 issues, polybagged with a 12 free Xbox DVD Demo Disc that every own will include demo games and movie previews of future titles.
I think whatever they are asking you are getting a sweet ass deal regardless.
Your missing out if you dont playa!:)

Ninja Scroll
04-24-2002, 10:10 AM

Well Ninja I can't buy you any games I mean you're a ninja. What would people think of me if I was sending games to a ninja. I can guarantee this though, if I do subscribe I will personally PM U myself (something I never do BTW) and thank you. How's that for a deal huh?

What's wrong with hooking up a Ninja with some Xbox games & software? :confused: True, after I get them I will more than likely kill you with my faithful katana sword, but I think from your stand point it will be worth your while!:D

GokuX
04-24-2002, 10:50 AM
LOL

LevelBoss
04-24-2002, 10:53 AM
For the past 2 months OXm has been slipping. Their demos have been launch games and ports. Theirs fetures section is exactly the same. I finished reading the mad after 5 minutes. They even said TXB had the best forums. :p

Woocifer
04-24-2002, 11:15 AM
Are you saying the June issue is nothing important?? Man...this sucks...

I am sick of the old demos, why can't they get soem early builds and just put a warning that the game might be better like they did on the Superman videos...

I mean come on, what is the point in putting Halo on the disc....either you have it by now, you really want it by now, or you are just totally uninterested...

I mean that's like handing out a can of coke to each household to increase notoriety....

C'mon!!! Where are the NEW demos!!!!!!!!

Also didnt you think it was a cool idea to put demos on games? I wish they would keep that up...great idea.

Brevity
04-24-2002, 12:43 PM
What they really need is demo's of games TO BE LAUNCHED, get it to us b4 hand and let us know if this is a "stand in line for game." I really want those xbox add-ons too like the customize thing and maybe a Halo add on. The new ending to the Halo demo was sweet, Ill give em that. I bet the Ninja would chop off his ownn man hood if he even tried to pick up a sword, what do think Gokux? hehe I would like to see him try to do some of those cartoon flips and slashes and it would be like "rrrrr keeya Oh fuk my sack!" haha ahha

Brevity
04-24-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Woocifer
Are you saying the June issue is nothing important?? Man...this sucks...

I am sick of the old demos, why can't they get soem early builds and just put a warning that the game might be better like they did on the Superman videos...

I mean come on, what is the point in putting Halo on the disc....either you have it by now, you really want it by now, or you are just totally uninterested...

I mean that's like handing out a can of coke to each household to increase notoriety....

C'mon!!! Where are the NEW demos!!!!!!!!

Also didnt you think it was a cool idea to put demos on games? I wish they would keep that up...great idea.
Na get it it will make you happy.

Ninja Scroll
04-24-2002, 12:55 PM
I bet the Ninja would chop off his ownn man hood if he even tried to pick up a sword, what do think Gokux? hehe I would like to see him try to do some of those cartoon flips and slashes and it would be like "rrrrr keeya Oh fuk my sack!" haha ahha

ROTFLMAO!!:D Good one Brevity!
This post made my day!;)
I should make a comeback on you sunshine, but it's all gravy:p

Brevity
04-24-2002, 01:49 PM

ROTFLMAO
First of all OMG the Ninja w/no come back ,,,evn a lame one,,,well I think somethings up. R U taking the Laptop in the John agian ,,,not enough time or strength to reply w/ some fervor? Well grab some TP and help me out. Still studying up on the lengo around here so what does that mean?(ROTFLMAO) Break it for your "I ride the little Bus" Bud.

Snoopy7548
04-24-2002, 02:52 PM
rolling on the floor laughing my ass off

GokuX
04-24-2002, 03:13 PM

First of all OMG the Ninja w/no come back ,,,evn a lame one,,,

LOL. It just isn't right.