BORNGD
04-23-2002, 10:21 AM
some of these levels are CRAZY HARD....

JJaX
04-23-2002, 10:28 AM
"SMOOOke WeeD EvEry DaY" -Nate Dogg

Liquid Gears
04-23-2002, 10:42 AM
Ya, there are a few levels that are hard, especially those levels that are timed, also the chase levels. But hey man, that's what I enjoy in a game. I just rented the game and I went through it on normal and it seemed pretty tough at times. This is a good thing I think. Lately games are getting pretty bad, not in grafics, realism, gameplay, etc............but I difficulty wise. Every weekend I rent a game and I can beat it in one or two days. But, Spiderman I think is heading in the right direction. I don't know, I like it.

Kraft
04-23-2002, 10:47 AM
Yeah, it is hard... and the weird thing is that most games coming out right now are crazy hard... to the point it is so hard it makes the game frustrating and not fun to play at all. Gunvalk is a prime example of this, after playing it I now hate the game. Its not that fun and it's uber-difficult. Genma is close to this point too. There is a really fine line between challenging and frustrating... and it seems a lot of XBox developers are walking all over it.

DZNUTZ
04-23-2002, 11:36 AM
where'd that come from Jjax?..not that i disagree!!

as for spidey...i'm currently playing on normal mode....at first the difficulty level seemed decent , but now i'm thinking its way to easy...i beat most levels my first time (easily!) and if not 2 try's top. i've already beat kraven and i think i'm almost done with the game. ..yea i know theirs secrets and i can always try the harder settings...but unfortantely...since my main factor in keeping games is usually the replayability..unless some of these newer minigames(i've only unlocked bowling so far) are pretty tight...this game might be returned in a few days.

Ninja Scroll
04-23-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by KraftSLU
Yeah, it is hard... and the weird thing is that most games coming out right now are crazy hard... to the point it is so hard it makes the game frustrating and not fun to play at all. Gunvalk is a prime example of this, after playing it I now hate the game. Its not that fun and it's uber-difficult. Genma is close to this point too. There is a really fine line between challenging and frustrating... and it seems a lot of XBox developers are walking all over it.

I feel Kraftcheese,...er.. I mean KraftSLU :D

I thought GUNVALKYRIE was cool at first until that d@mn platform jusmping started pi$$ing me off on the 5th level.
I was like screw dis joint:o .

But Spider-Man is okay thus far. I have not had alot of time to put in on this game, but I like it for the hour or so I have played it.
Though I must say the controls are lacking, and the camera is a bit annoying.
But other than those to complaints everything else is all gravy!:p

But someone tell da Ninja this!!
You know the level with da balloon in da air? How da hell do you get past dat joint?:eek: :confused: :eek:

OppiumNitrates
04-23-2002, 02:22 PM
i always start playing the most difficult skill level . . . . i like a challenge

i like when games r on that frustrating point cauz when u beat a part u have been trying for hours, its that much more rewarding when u gat past it

Whisper
04-23-2002, 03:33 PM
I found it overly-easy, huh, go figure

AcidJazz
04-24-2002, 06:11 AM
no, i think the game isn't too hard, but it's too crappy

Woocifer
04-24-2002, 08:01 AM
The game wouldn't be so hard if they would stop with the animations being tracked in as having to finish before you move or have control again...I mean doing a combo, spidey can't stop and dodge or do something else...stupid...

spidey can't spin people up and stick them to a wall or ceiling...stupid....

stealth NEVER works in this game....stupid...

the fact that vulture really has NOTHING to do with this game yet they make his level difficult and give him 3+levels...stupid...

the fact that after cheating in the game and going to inidvidual levels only to be met with annoying gameplay and a distaste for the objectives...stupid...

the feeling that the computer is throwing in cheap shots and doing everything possible, like making robots shoot you a billion times no matter how fast or in what direction you move...stupid...

There is a lot of goofy things in the game. I didn't mind it though. I was only pointing out negatives here, I could point out positives, but it isnt what the thread is about :)

This game is getting traded VERY soon.

JGennaro
05-08-2002, 02:22 AM
Wow that was a little harsh for one of the top games on the XBOX...Spiderman is an excellent game...those points you mentioned were valid to a point but only nitpicking things...I'd rather hear what somebody LIKES about the game along with the things they don't like about them...you made it sound like an unworthy game in your post..let me ask you this, what on earth would you trade it for? :) Everybody and their grandmothers who own an XBOX already have Halo..hehe..don't diss da Spiderman!

:rolleyes:

Tkf5000
05-08-2002, 03:49 PM
actally to tell u the truth i think the game is too easy unless u play it on hero then it is a challenge. if u put the game on easy u can probaly beat it in less than 2 hours without dying. im pretty good at the game. i was good at the old playstation ones too.

Master Gracey
05-12-2002, 01:43 AM
I think there's a fine line between "a challenge" and "frustrating" and too many games that could have been enjoyable are crossing it.

Personally, I don't enjoy difficult video games... to me, video games are about mindless escapism. I only play video games after a good day outside, a horrible day at work, or after I've had alot of exercise.

I prefer to challenge my mind and my body... not a console. If, at any point, I feel like throwing my controller into the wall (which doesn't take much for me) I stop playing. I have a tendency to get severe headaches, and even the slightest frustration at a video game triggers one... and that's not good. Gunvalkyrie was horrible, and I nearly broke my controller playing Circus Maximus. For some reason, I have a serious temper when it comes to games that doesn't exist anywhere else in my life.

So bring on cheat codes, invincibility, infinite ammo, infinite saves, enemies that die in one slash and RPGs that are hundreds of hours long! And some Looney Toons games where you can't die would be nice too... :D A Monkey Island sequel would be nice as well! I love games that are funny and you can't die. To me, exploration is the key to fun, not beating down endless hordes of bad guys and trying to dodge bullets.

Tkf5000
05-12-2002, 08:03 AM
I do the same thing when I play video games. I get so mad i start throwing crap and punching stuff. A good thing to do is get somthing soft to punch that way it doesnt hurt. Dont be dum like me and punch your closet door. At first you dont feelit then a couple minutes later ur hand hurts like crap.

69expertgamer69
05-22-2002, 03:39 PM
Some of the levels are hard but once you get the hang of it, its pretty cool. I just wish you could fire some web at the goblin's glider and hold on tight. That would have been sweet

P.S>>Its so fun to web zip around thugz