PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Who's getting xboxonline?

DZNUTZ
04-23-2002, 01:02 PM
i know i'm gonna be on that mufuca first day possible?!? what i'm curious to know is which of my fellow XBA's gonna be duking it out with/against me via sports/fps's or other xbox tittles?

l Maximus l
04-23-2002, 01:07 PM
If I'm not first in line, then, I'm tied with the first person :D I'm on it faster than a cop on a donut hole!

Ninja Scroll
04-23-2002, 01:22 PM
If your a Xbox owner and dont get online then you have got to be a dumbass!!:D

btw, im first to sign up maxi-pad-imus!
I doubt you will beat your father-Ninja Jubei to it!:cool:

Xtopia
04-23-2002, 01:40 PM
If your a Xbox owner and dont get online then you have got to be a dumbass!!

So does that make you a dumb@ss?? C'mon Ninja, you have broadband....so get online now! Don't wait until XBoxonline!

Anyway, I don't know if I'll get it...If it costs 20 bux a month I probably won't be able to afford it.

Just kiddin! I dont care if it is a 100 bux a month! Im gonna be sined up and playing!

l Maximus l
04-23-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by xtopia

So does that make you a dumb@ss?? C'mon Ninja, you have broadband....so get online now! Don't wait until XBoxonline!

Anyway, I don't know if I'll get it...If it costs 20 bux a month I probably won't be able to afford it.

Just kiddin! I dont care if it is a 100 bux a month! Im gonna be sined up and playing!

hehe...that's the spirit!! WOOOO HOOOOOO!!

xBoX pRyDE!!! :D

Ninja Scroll
04-23-2002, 01:50 PM

I know, I know xtopia, you keep sweatin your role model Ninja Jubei to get this gamespy or whatever else thier is, but I just wanna wait bro.
You gotta respect dat, naw mean? I'll see you sometime this summer/fall so I can get you know who your daddy is!:D
I know im missing out on a good time with dudes like you and JJax but I dont wanna commit to something like gamespy when the offical launch is just around da roody poo corner.
Ya feel me kid?:)

Spaztic
04-23-2002, 01:51 PM
I am not going to pay for a service I can get for free. Plus it dosn't matter what type of network M$ sets up you are still going to have lag because of the other people high pings!

Nato King
04-23-2002, 01:53 PM
What kind of question is this just like Ninja said if you’re an Xbox owner and don't get online then you have got to be a dumbass!!
I just don't want to pay some crazy price on the online service because I live in Bermuda and everything is high in price.
:)

Ninja Scroll
04-23-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Serg_w
What kind of question is this just like Ninja said if you’re an Xbox owner and don't get online then you have got to be a dumbass!!
I just don't want to pay some crazy price on the online service because I live in Bermuda and everything is high in price.
:)

I feel ya Serg_W, but im gonna tell ya, if Microsoft charges more than $10.00 a month I think this joint may flop.
I guess E3 will tell us all.;)

No Fear 23
04-23-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
If I'm not first in line, then, I'm tied with the first person :D I'm on it faster than a cop on a donut hole!

*irule23 immitates homer*

"Ummmm....donuts":D

Dre
04-23-2002, 02:12 PM
I live on my own.. its already 45$/month for the cable internet.. add on to that all my other bills etc. and it gets pretty steep. Especially if I can play those same games using a free service.

Wait a minute.. I'm graduating in 8 months and I'll be rich! I'm cool then... I'll see you guys online then!

l Maximus l
04-23-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls
I am not going to pay for a service I can get for free. Plus it dosn't matter what type of network M$ sets up you are still going to have lag because of the other people high pings!

Dude, it won't lag. Microsoft is going to be the local host, and, they are running some serious bandwidth. I played a dude located in Chicago last night that had a T1 and he had 4 XBoxes going all at once from people around the country. I'm all the way over in Seattle and I didn't even have a tiny glitch of lag!!! No joke!!! Imagine that T1 x 100 or more...MUCH MORE!! It won't lag at all, just wait and see :D

DZNUTZ
04-23-2002, 03:52 PM
i can understand how many of u might be young and strapped fo cash...but cmon now....u want them to just give-away the best damn gaming thing in history for free?!?! yea i do to...i also want it to rain ******s and pot plants...but it aint gonna happen. so get a job, rob, steal...do whateva it takes....cuz mark my words....this is the chit i've been waiting fo my whole life (at least as far as my video game interest goes). like max said...ya'll just wait and see.

:rolleyes: ....pssshhh non-belivers?!?

Azazel
04-23-2002, 03:56 PM
Of course xbox online is a must have! I do not like Pc games, but I have been playing the new Jedi Knights games and its awesome. I can imagine playing on my xbox with 30 other players and a nice comfortable controller (I dont like keyboards for gaming).
I will be online long before Max and Ninja. I will have it the day before it is released to the public!:cool: :cool:

Azazel
04-23-2002, 04:00 PM
Brylanis......

What are you talking about still have lag???????? With the online service!

Ive been playing Jedi Knights online for a week now. Our capture the flag games consist of 2 teams of about 20+ players. Thats 40 different pings on one server and no there has not been even the slightest bit of lag, so I dont think you know what your talking about. Have you ever played on Msn gaming zone???

This is not an attack. I felt a point had to be made.

patience
04-23-2002, 04:03 PM
Depends what games launch with the online aspect. But I am waiting for Xbox Live. As soon as somthing jumps up that I want to play I will be online.

I just hope its doesnt turn out to be a but a of kiddies screaming profanity at one another.

LynxFX
04-23-2002, 04:30 PM
I'm in the wait and see category. If it is as good as the hype says it is and the games deliver then I might just be inclined to pay a monthly fee. I'm not just going to hand it over though. Microsoft must earn it. :D

As for the no lag, I will believe it when I see it. Microsoft could have the widest pipes on the planet, but if your own personal ISP provider sucks or isn't up to speed then you WILL lag. I'm sure MS is going to every extent to make sure that if a problem occurs that it isn't on their end though. That might be worth paying for. :)

l Maximus l
04-23-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by patience
I just hope its doesnt turn out to be a but a of kiddies
screaming profanity at one another.

Quite understandable. The cool thing with the XBox Communicator is that you will be able to mute people. So, there's your solution to that. I see the Communicator being extremely valueable for games like Unreal Championship if you are playing a Team Deathmatch or CTF or something. This is a great way to strategize. I'm sure there will be people that will become good on-line buddies from this and will consistently play them as they probabably can handle themselves in a mature and focussed fassion.

I love the mute option!! :D

DZNUTZ
04-23-2002, 04:39 PM
DZNUTZ- takes maximus off of mute...."ah?? did u say something?"

DCavalera
04-23-2002, 04:53 PM
I'll check into it, you guys let me know how it is first... LOL....

Snoopy7548
04-23-2002, 04:54 PM
i hope its really cheap, my mom wont spend any more money, but when i get a job, i can probly pay for it, if its like 10 bucks a month, then yea, ill most def. get it.:D :D

Spaztic
04-23-2002, 05:29 PM
Dude, it won't lag. Microsoft is going to be the local host, and, they are running some serious bandwidth. I played a dude located in Chicago last night that had a T1 and he had 4 XBoxes going all at once from people around the country. I'm all the way over in Seattle and I didn't even have a tiny glitch of lag!!! No joke!!! Imagine that T1 x 100 or more...MUCH MORE!! It won't lag at all, just wait and see

&

What are you talking about still have lag???????? With the online service!

my bad y'all....I honestly haven't been as pumped up as you guys about this online deal! I have not done enough research before I posted my comment so I apoligize. I don't have enough time in my life due to a full time job, school, girl, and dogs, while still trying to keep my house up, to justify paying $10 a month to play games, it would be nice...but I just don't have the time! It sounds really cool and I would love to kill everyone here in halo. An no offense Ty if I can dish it out at times I can surely take it!

*Smacks himself in face for stupid post!*

DZNUTZ
04-23-2002, 05:34 PM
bryanhls...theirs absolutley no need to smack yourself in face...........

i'd be more then glad to do that for u!!!;)
jk..seriously though.....i feel your delima...but hopefully u can spare a lil time and scrounge up a few more bucks...i'd like to see as many xba members on there as possible.

LynxFX
04-23-2002, 05:40 PM
I think one of the reasons I might be inclined to get it is so I can play the fine folks here at XBA. :D

Plewis
04-23-2002, 06:35 PM
darn skippy im getting it! im gonna have to do some tv resituating to get it but i will. I will only play halo online. I am confident that Bungie will release an add on disk to halo for online play. Im sure Microsoft is really putting the pressure on. I dont know. might want to get unreal championship... not sure yet.

Snoopy7548
04-23-2002, 07:27 PM
just think about it, the service allows up to 16 people, and a really fast connection, we can have a huge match with 16 peeps from the xba forums, that would be sooooo worth the 10 bucks a month:D

Skyboxer
04-23-2002, 07:51 PM
All depends on if you HAVE to pay. If you only have to pay if you use MS servers then fine, as long as you can still hook up with a friend through IP to IP free.
I won't pay to go online. I already pay for broadband and have never had to pay when using my PC and I won't start now.

Whisper
04-23-2002, 08:01 PM
BAH NOT ONLY WAS I JUST SCREWED IN THE GIVEAWAY... I wont be getting XBOX Live for financial reasons, atleast not right away

DZNUTZ
04-24-2002, 12:58 PM
bump

l Maximus l
04-24-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
I think one of the reasons I might be inclined to get it is so I can play the fine folks here at XBA. :D

Definately! One of the greatest things with XBox Live is that they are going to have an extensive community! This is great! Imagine being able to have all of the *Addicts* on your buddy list and ready to play any of them that are also on-line at any time! This is great!! I'm sure XBA, whether it be the mods or members, will find a way to make sure that every XBA member will be on everyone's buddy list! That would be so sweet!

These forums will be hoppin' far more than they are now if it gets pulled off just right! I know, it's tough to imagine, but, it's going to be sweet!!! :eek:

Oh man...this is like November 15th all over again! :D

Spaztic
04-24-2002, 01:41 PM
just think about it, the service allows up to 16 people, and a really fast connection, we can have a huge match with 16 peeps from the xba forums, that would be sooooo worth the 10 bucks a month

now all the trash talking can be put aside and I will finally be crowned the almighty halo champion of xba....HE HE HE!
I guess in order to achive this I will have to get MS online!

WE can have a huge tournament! and the winner gets a special sig...or something! Damn it I think I just talked myself into getting online! :rolleyes:

sinizuh
04-24-2002, 01:51 PM
special sig... yowzas :rolleyes:

anyways... i'll get it first day... i can afford less than $15 (canadian) a month for online play...

l Maximus l
04-24-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by sinizuh
special sig... yowzas :rolleyes:

anyways... i'll get it first day... i can afford less than $15 (canadian) a month for online play...

Oh man...I can't wait until you get it! :D

DZNUTZ
04-24-2002, 02:21 PM
so...i'll ask again...do u think we'll be able to swap...hardrive info?
ie ...game saves and MUSIC!!!...i think we will. deffinately games saves..i'm 99% sho i read that somewhere...
also...i know i'm jumping the gun...
but i'm calling out...jjax, max,ninja,and huckle....for a game of UC first night available...

l Maximus l
04-24-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
also...i know i'm jumping the gun...
but i'm calling out...jjax, max,ninja,and huckle....for a game of UC first night available...

Dude! I'm there! What a great way to break in Unreal Championship than to play with XBA buddies!!! :D

Spike Minoda
04-24-2002, 02:40 PM
ill get it

Snoopy7548
04-24-2002, 03:13 PM
i just had a great idea, xba can have contests online! like we can have big games of halo, or UC, and whoever wins, would get like a game or something, that would be much better than those chatroom contests:D

ShannonX
04-24-2002, 05:50 PM
i'm definately getting it. I'll be more than happy to give up some other things or spend less on food to get Xbox Live. And most likely, most of the games i buy after Live goes live will be online games. Screw cable TV when you can actually interact in a gaming environment with thousands of people all at once.

And i'll definately be looking up some of you guys. Test out my skills against some new meat. Maybe get my friend to team up with me or something. Fun fun fun!!!

Snoopy7548
04-24-2002, 06:02 PM
screw tv? i can not believe you just said that, tv is sacred to me. lol. when u have no cable, you'll be mad at yourself for saying that. i just dont know what i would do without good 'ol tv. lol:D

Xtopia
04-24-2002, 06:05 PM
As I mentioned above, I will definetely be getting it! But I will be seriously ****ed if I still can't play you easily, Maximus!

l Maximus l
04-25-2002, 12:24 PM
As I mentioned above, I will definetely be getting it! But I will be seriously ****ed if I still can't play you easily, Maximus!

lol! Likewise, man! I find it amazing how you and I have conflicting IP addresses or something! I mean, it already is annoying that you and I can't play a successful match with one of us hosting! But, it's actually reached the point of me being dilerious about it inasmuch as making me laugh! :D

Snoopy7548
04-25-2002, 03:33 PM
i was just wondering, how are we gonna play the xbox online with microsofts service? will we need a hub/switch/router? or can we just plug the xbox into the cable modem? either way, im still using my switch:D