PDA

View Full Version : Fifa2002 Impressions Or Reviews?

borka105
04-23-2002, 02:20 PM
Has anyone purhcased this game, or seen a review, pleae post here.

thanks
-Borka105

Kraft
04-23-2002, 02:23 PM
Whoa. Is our sports forum gone?

Spaztic
04-23-2002, 02:24 PM
Well I be damned I found the sports forum without any problems!

borka105
04-23-2002, 02:28 PM
there were no posts about it there so I posted here.

-Broka105

Kraft
04-23-2002, 02:29 PM
if there were no posts about it there then you should have started a thread... there. Not here.

Kogger
04-23-2002, 08:45 PM
Even though I haven't played it yet. I just have to say something about Fifa games. What happened to the indoor soccer mode? I loved that mode, that was so much fun. I loved the Fifa 98 RTWC one. I thought it was great and a lot of fun. Does anyone else agree with me? I wish they would bring the mode back.

pbug
04-24-2002, 03:01 PM
IGN's review of FIFA World Cup 2002:

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/357/357902p1.html

I'd be curious to hear how this game compares to MLS Extratime from a gameplay perspective.

The international player licenses are clearly better with FIFA (beats, "player 1 passes to player 3").

The extra features are apparently better in the MLS Extratime game.

It might be better to wait for FIFA 2003 or David Beckham Soccer but then with the World Cup about to take place...why wait?

dronezero
04-29-2002, 05:08 PM
I am an avid soccer player and fan so it may be a good idea to keep that in mind while reading my opinions because I will be looking for different playing styles than someone with no experience would be.

I have played both MLS and FIFA. I must say Fifa is by far the better game. The play mechanics are much better simulating a real match with fair accuracy. One thing to note about MLS is there is only one camera angle from what I can tell, which I don't particularly like. FIFA allows for more control of all aspects of the game. Not only must you control the strength of your pass but the ball doesn't automaticaly go to a player that you are pinted at. This allows for greater ease when playing through balls (yes I know MLS has a through button) and making long passes. I also found the shooting to be more intuitive in FIFA than in MLS. FIFA also has something that I am not real sure how to explain. It is the feeling that you get when you score a goal. It is the same as if you were watching on TV, something I have not felt from a soccer game yet. Maybe I am just overly excited about the World Cup coming this summer, but it is also a testament to how well the game plays. I found myself remarking several times at how realistically a play develops and finishes. One gripe I have with FIFA however is that the CPU are not always the best. They may make a run that does nothing or perhaps make a run so that it is impossible to get the ball to them. This is not major, but a nucance no the less. One thing of note is also the lack of options. There is only the World Cup mode and a friendly mode so no leagues or the like. This is not seriously a big problem for me at least because I just enjoy playing the game enough that the extra options are unnecessary.

Needless to say I ended up buying FIFA and am quite happy with the purchase. I would suggest to any other soccer fanatic that they do the same. As for non-fanatics, I suggest they rent both and then choose.

Young_Fledgling
05-02-2002, 10:03 PM
ya i have been wondering which game is better. i was gonna rent fifa today but i decided to rent jet set radio instead... I like it a lot.

Durden-XBA
05-05-2002, 01:47 AM
Look for my review of this game coming sometime within the next two weeks or so! I consider myself a sports game afficianado, and having played Soccer for 15 some-odd years, I'd also venture as far as to say I'll know what I'm talking about. I haven't been disappointed with a FIFA title so far... though I will say it's been FAR TOO EASY to score in past releases. Though I have heard that this one is much different (w/ regard to scoring), so definitely something to look forward to!

Go USA! Please, please don't show like ya did last time :(

If not... Go Deutschland!

alexi
05-18-2002, 02:26 PM
Ive bought fiffa world cup and I must sy Im enjoying it.Me and my friends have a great time playing.The gameplay is amazing which is the most important aspect the only downsides are the graphics arent as they should be and the lack of teams being only world teams.Im sure there will be better games soon but for now this is a must buy.Oh ,the cameras and replay modes are amazing.