PDA

View Full Version : This Just In!! Morrowind Gone Gold!!!!!

Dre
04-23-2002, 02:53 PM
YAYEYAYAYAYYAY WOOOOOOOO OYEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I CAN HARDLY CONTAIN MYSELF!!!!!!!!!! WOOOT

Its true! Its finally gone gold!!!

check it out.. front page of www.elderscrolls.com

Granted.. this is for PC, but Xbox was said to come out only 1-2 weeks after pc.. this is a glorious day indeed! Can't wait for the official Xbox announcement

jschelm
04-23-2002, 02:58 PM
That is the best news that I have heard all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am trying to get on their site, but it is down right now, probably from so many people trying to get on.

Today is a glorious day.

Thanks for the update Dre.

PROUDXBOXOWNER
04-23-2002, 03:00 PM
Ubi Soft® Entertainment announced today that it will be moving up the European release dates for the highly anticipated role-playing game, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind™, by Bethesda Softworks®. The PC CD-ROM version will be available in May, whilst the European release date for the Xbox™ version is still to be finalised.

In order to meet the demands of its European consumers, Ubi Soft will undertake a two-stage release. In certain countries a semi-localised version of Morrowind will be released in May, with a fully localised version to follow in August. This will allow all European consumers to purchase the game in May, whilst fans in Germany and France will have the additional option of waiting until August for a release of a fully localised version.

Commenting on the decision for the release of Morrowind, Thomas Petersen, Group Brand Manager for Ubi Soft Entertainment stated: "By introducing a two-stage release, we hope to meet the unprecedented demand from fans that want to play Morrowind as soon as possible, but also deliver a perfectly localised version for those that can wait till August. For a gaming universe featuring over a million words, full translation poses quite a task!"

Summary

In the UK and Scandinavia, an English language version will be released in May.

In Italy, Holland, and Spain, a semi-localised version will be available in May.

In France and Germany, a semi-localised version (translated manual with English in-game text and speech) will be available in May, and will be followed by a fully localised version in August.

About The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind™:
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is the third chapter in the epic, award-winning RPG series and a game destined to redefine the genre by presenting the most detailed virtual world ever created. More than five years have passed since the release of the last epic computer role-playing game set in the rich fantasy universe of The Elder Scrolls. Now the acclaimed series that includes Arena™ (1994 RPG of the year) and Daggerfall® (1996 RPG of the year) is poised to take the gaming world by storm again.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is an epic, open-ended single-player game where you create and play any kind of character you can imagine. You can choose to follow the intriguing main storyline, or set off to explore the huge province of Morrowind and the many interesting people and exotic locations it contains. Vast cities and remote villages dot the landscape, each with its own unique look and feel. Hundreds of quests and adventures await as you interact with characters and learn more.

With Morrowind, the unparalleled Elder Scrolls character system is coupled with the gaming world's richness of detail and level of visual splendor. Utilizing the latest in 3D technology, Morrowind will feature hyper-realistic textures and polygon counts, real-time shadows, vast landscapes, skeletal based animation, and a complete weather system.
This Is Where I Got It From! (http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=2926)

Dre
04-23-2002, 03:04 PM
Here's the article then.. had to through my cache.. having the same probs as you jschelm

April 23, 2002 (Rockville, MD) — Bethesda Softworks™ announced today that the highly-anticipated role-playing game, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind™ for PC, has gone to gold master and will be in stores the first week of May. Morrowind will also be available soon for the Xbox™ video game system from Microsoft.

Morrowind is an epic, open-ended single-player RPG in which a player can create and play any kind of character imaginable. Players can choose to follow the main storyline and find the source of the evil blight that plagues the land, or set off on their own to explore strange locations and develop their character based on their actions throughout the game. Featuring stunning 3D graphics, open-ended gameplay, and an incredible level of detail and interactivity, Morrowind promises to be an experience like no other.

"We know the gaming community has been anxiously awaiting the arrival of Morrowind for a long time," said Todd Howard, project leader for Morrowind. "We were able to remain true to our goal of providing the deepest, most cutting edge RPG you can buy. We're sure everyone will enjoy the game as much as we enjoyed creating it."

Morrowind is the sequel to Bethesda's award-winning titles Arena™ and Daggerfall®, highly regarded as two of the most intricate and compelling role-playing games ever released. Following in their footsteps, Morrowind has already garnered numerous awards from last year's E3 show and an impressive collection of accolades. PC Gamer Magazine called it "The best-looking 3D RPG ever," and GameSpy included Morrowind on its list of most wanted games for 2002.

"As has already been mentioned by numerous gaming publications, Morrowind will change the way we view role-playing games forever," said Vlatko Andonov, president of Bethesda Softworks. "We couldn't be prouder of the development team for what they've accomplished, for taking on a challenge like Morrowind and implementing it so skillfully."

faceoff508
04-23-2002, 03:06 PM
I can't WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JJaX
04-23-2002, 03:28 PM
BWUunnH!

*JJaX Checks pants

:D

jschelm
04-23-2002, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the cut and paste Dre.

Man, my mouth is watering just thinking about this game getting here!

jschelm
04-23-2002, 04:19 PM
Here is the XBox release info from Bethesda

"The Xbox version should follow soon. Even a 100% perfect title takes three weeks to go through Microsoft's QA process, and from what I know, the final Xbox candidate was sent to Microsoft sometime last week, maybe earlier. Everyone's pretty confident about passing cert, and even if they find problems, they can just fix it and continue on. They don't have to go through the whole 3 week thing again. So it should be soon"

SWEET!

Dre
04-23-2002, 04:27 PM
So its MS fault we're getting it late?? ARGH!!! Oh well, I guess in the end its all for the better.. but I still wish I could have this game yesterday. If MS has some smarts (which they no doubt do), they should put some ppl on overtime on major titles such as this so a simultaneous release is possible. I wonder how many people planning on buying the Xbox version are going to buy the PC one now just because they can't wait? I'm sure there will be a few..

I for myself want a killer game to add to my xbox library so I'll just grin and bear it..

Snoopy7548
04-23-2002, 04:56 PM
i dont think ill get this game, i hate rpgs, ill rent it

faceoff508
04-23-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
Am I hearing right or did you just realy say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dre
04-23-2002, 05:00 PM

The cool thing about that, is that if you indeed find it to your liking and buy it, then you don't have to start from scratch! All praise the Xbox's hard-drive!!

:)

Snoopy7548
04-23-2002, 07:18 PM
yea, im not a big fan of rpgs, i actually kinda hate them

jschelm
04-23-2002, 07:21 PM

If you don't like RPG's then don't even waste your money renting this one. It is so open ended it sounds like you have to play 20+ hours just to even get your feet wet in it. Not that the first 20 hours won't be fun, but they aren't gonna be the real meat of the game.

GRAVEDIGGER
04-23-2002, 07:31 PM

I can see where your coming from man, because i use to be the same way, well i still am, but the only thing is this is the XBOX, so i'll give Marrowind a shot, and also Project Ego simply because the screens ook so dam edible!

Basically i think these games are gonna be pretty dam good, so i'll definately give 'em a shot.

Untill next time...:mad:

Snoopy7548
04-23-2002, 07:34 PM
yea, if its more like an action game, then ill consider renting it. i just hate rpg style games, they take no skill, like you just press a few buttons and your character does all the work. they get boring too, i played like 10 min of ff7 and i couldnt finish it. the only rpg i liked is secret of mana, and ironically, that is my favorite game of all time, lol:D

Dre
04-23-2002, 07:40 PM
yea, if its more like an action game, then ill consider renting it. i just hate rpg style games, they take no skill, like you just press a few buttons and your character does all the work. they get boring too, i played like 10 min of ff7 and i couldnt finish it. the only rpg i liked is secret of mana, and ironically, that is my favorite game of all time, lol:D

You haven't played a real rpg and it shows. FF are not RPG's in the traditional sense.. you will not see many similarities between FF and Morrowind you can rest assured.

mahalan
04-23-2002, 08:26 PM
I'm an RPG fan and I'm not convinced I'll get Morrowind. I had a copy pre-ordered for my Xbox. Then when I found out we'll NEVER get the editor, we may never get mods, and we're treating sub-par on the official site, I cancelled my pre-order.

I'll continue to play MMORPGs on my computer but I would rather be on my Xbox. I'll be damned if I'm going to get ripped off by another overhyped port (like Max Lame). Sure, Morrowind's open-ended. That just means they didn't take the time to incorporate structure so there's an infinite number of ways to screw yourself out of quests. Yeah, the graphics are wonderful -- for a PC RPG. Compare them to Amped or DOA3 and they're not anything.

I'll rent it and see if it's worth buying.

jschelm
04-23-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by mahalan
I'm an RPG fan and I'm not convinced I'll get Morrowind. I had a copy pre-ordered for my Xbox. Then when I found out we'll NEVER get the editor, we may never get mods, and we're treating sub-par on the official site, I cancelled my pre-order.

I'll continue to play MMORPGs on my computer but I would rather be on my Xbox. I'll be damned if I'm going to get ripped off by another overhyped port (like Max Lame). Sure, Morrowind's open-ended. That just means they didn't take the time to incorporate structure so there's an infinite number of ways to screw yourself out of quests. Yeah, the graphics are wonderful -- for a PC RPG. Compare them to Amped or DOA3 and they're not anything.

I think you have been hanging out on the Elder Scrolls boards a little too much. There are a lot of anti-xbox people there. I think they are mad that they spent more on their video card than we did on our system and the game is gonna be just as good. As far as the editor, I haven't seen any official word that we will never get to use it. The devs from Bethesda have said that the XBox live service will let them do a lot of things never before possible on a console and they hope to take advantage of it, so there is still hope.

Dre
04-23-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by mahalan

Ok, first off.. I wanna say that yes it does suck about the editor.. but it just isn't practical with the Xbox. As for we may never get mods, thats true also, although I remember reading a Q&A with the devs somewhere that asked about something similar to the DoA3 addon disc and he said that was not out of the picture.

As for being treating sub-par on the site, I think thats more of a forum thing.. and face it.. there is more people buying this on PC then Xbox probably and more site participation from them. I also agree that they are quite close-minded.. but this is just people on the forums!

You should lookup the definition of port though. There's a difference between taking an existing code-base developed for a specific system and hacking it to work on another; and developing simultaneously for two systems. A HUGE difference if you ask me.

And well, your comment on an RPG being open-ended means they didn't take the time to incorporate structure.. I think I'll just leave it at that, with your foot in your mouth looking like a newb.

Cheers,
Dre

chili325
04-23-2002, 08:41 PM
May be a dumb question, but what exactly do you mean when you say it went "Gold". Does that mean it cant be further delayed?

jschelm
04-23-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by chili325
May be a dumb question, but what exactly do you mean when you say it went "Gold". Does that mean it cant be further delayed?

Going gold is a term in the industry for when the game is totally finished and they burn it to a "gold" master cd. That cd is then used to make all of the games that are packaged and sent out. So when a game is gold it is done, just waiting for the manufacturing people to crank it out.

Snoopy7548
04-24-2002, 02:54 PM
ohh, lol, i thought it meant that it like became a great game (kinda like how music cds go platinum when they sell alot of cds), lol im so stupid:D