PDA

View Full Version : MP3 ---> Can XBox play them?

Cannibal Corpse
04-24-2002, 12:44 PM
I mean if I burn a CD that contains MP3 songs (and not coverted the the 'standard' format that you could play in a regular CD Player). I don't want to 'rip' them on XBox's HDD, so I need to know if it recognises these CDR/CDWs that contain MP3 files (playable by WinAmp and MS's own Media Player)

Thanks in advance.

Hobgoblin
04-24-2002, 12:56 PM
I heard the .mp3 format will not work. I havent tried it but alot of people say it will not work. Sence the Xbox has a hardrive they do not want the Xbox used for MP3 piracy. If Gamespy tunnel will work to connect 2 Xboxes then a swapping program could be made to distribute the mp3 format. I dont know how it would work but if the Xbox is cracked then it opens up a huge problem with stuff like this.

Cannibal Corpse
04-24-2002, 12:59 PM
I don't have a burner (yet), so you say you have *heard*, right? Some other folks who have actually tried this please provide some insights. Thanks anyways ;)

l Maximus l
04-24-2002, 01:01 PM
I'm not sure if it plays audio tracks in an MP3 format or not. But, I do know that you will have success in playing CD-RWs with a one second gap in between each song. I don't recall if the tracks were formatted in MP3 or not, though :(

Liquid Gears
04-24-2002, 01:27 PM
I HATE THIS!!!!!! NOBODY BUYS CD'S ANYMORE!!!!!!!! I WANT TO PLAY MY BURNT SONGS, AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

LynxFX
04-24-2002, 02:12 PM
To answer the question, no you can not burn a cd with songs in the mp3 format and copy them to the Xbox. You must convert the songs to the standard audio cd format and then rip them to the Xbox.

And no, I will never ever ever buy a music cd again. Not unless it is by a local band that just happens to make their own demo cds. Otherwise the MPAA can kiss my lilly white arse.

If you want to support your favorite, 'big name' band, do it by going to their concerts or buying their t-shirts where they DO get the most money.

cornflake
04-24-2002, 06:51 PM
WORD PERSON WHO POSTED BEFORE ME BECUZ I AM TO LAZY TO SCROLL DOWN TO SEE WHAT YOUR NICK IS!!!!!