PDA

View Full Version : What is ur favorite sniping spot on halo multiplayer???

No Fear 23
04-24-2002, 08:30 PM
i've never saw this thread so i though i'd make one.

mine woul be on blood gulch. its the ramp that goes up around the big rock wall on the right of the blue base adn the left of the red base. u can easily go up the little hill and snip the red base or turn around to snip at the blue base. its easier for 2 players tho. I still havent reached the Tower yet cause its so freaking hard! i hear its a great place to snipe.

what is ur fav. sniping place?:cool:

silvertrace
04-24-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by irule23

mine woul be on blood gulch. its the ramp that goes up around the big rock wall on the right of the blue base adn the left of the red base. u can easily go up the little hill and snip the red base or turn around to snip at the blue base. its easier for 2 players tho. I still havent reached the Tower yet cause its so freaking hard! i hear its a great place to snipe.

i don't stand still when i snipe.....i'm always on the move...........i stick mostly to the walls and dark areas tho..........easier to catch someone spawning up...................hehehhehee:cool:

Plewis
04-24-2002, 08:42 PM
i like the big hill behind the red base. I stay up there and snipe... the only problem is when someone throws a grenade up there there is nowhere to go but down:( i usually bring a shotgun up with me so i try and jump down and hit em with the shotgun in the head. but sometimes they are too far down and i cant get a quality shot off

No Fear 23
04-24-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace

i don't stand still when i snipe.....i'm always on the move...........i stick mostly to the walls and dark areas tho..........easier to catch someone spawning up...................hehehhehee:cool:

its hard knwoing where a person is going to be respawing, i manage to get one of my freind 3 in a row on blood gluch, man, it was hilariuos:D

khaos2005
04-24-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by irule23

I love sniping at the tower. When you are up there, it is hard for people to see you, especially if you knock your ghost down off the ridge. However, I find it too much of a pain and too risky to use it in real combat.

My favorite is to get to the tower, then go straight up. You can keep climbing up the cliffs, and off the map. You go up for a ways, and seemingly just stop. Then I rotate the ghost to face downward towards the ground (a long ways below). After this I press X to get out, and quickly jump backwards. If I do this right (usually if I get to this point, which is tricky, I can get it every time) I stand behind the ghost, which is "parked" floating in the air.

Obviously before I do this I make sure I have a sniper and a rocket launcher, with as much ammo as possible (you certainly don't want to have to go down again). Being 500 meters off the ground is the best. Assuming they don't see you going up (unlikely), they won't have any idea where you are (unless they look at your screen, which they would anyways). It's great, I do it to impress my friends (PS2 fans).

However, online this is a dumb and cowardly move, in my opinion, so I don't use it there. It sure as hell is fun though.

Plewis
04-24-2002, 08:59 PM
and its not cheap to use it against ur friends;) I could only get up to the tower a few times... it isnt THAT great so i dont really use it... but i might have to try what you do against some stupid kids that want to challenge me:cool: if they are better i will have to use it... if not then i am the best at halo ever!:D

jschelm
04-24-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by khaos2005

I love sniping at the tower. When you are up there, it is hard for people to see you, especially if you knock your ghost down off the ridge. However, I find it too much of a pain and too risky to use it in real combat.

My favorite is to get to the tower, then go straight up. You can keep climbing up the cliffs, and off the map. You go up for a ways, and seemingly just stop. Then I rotate the ghost to face downward towards the ground (a long ways below). After this I press X to get out, and quickly jump backwards. If I do this right (usually if I get to this point, which is tricky, I can get it every time) I stand behind the ghost, which is "parked" floating in the air.

Obviously before I do this I make sure I have a sniper and a rocket launcher, with as much ammo as possible (you certainly don't want to have to go down again). Being 500 meters off the ground is the best. Assuming they don't see you going up (unlikely), they won't have any idea where you are (unless they look at your screen, which they would anyways). It's great, I do it to impress my friends (PS2 fans).

However, online this is a dumb and cowardly move, in my opinion, so I don't use it there. It sure as hell is fun though.

Where is the tower that you guys are talking about and how do you get up there?

E Nomini Patri
04-24-2002, 10:53 PM
I love sniping from the top of Sidewinder (OTM)! Just get up there using a ghost as shown at ibonk (http://ibonk.com/) .

EHWfedPres
04-24-2002, 11:08 PM
I never stay put for too long while sniping. Usually after I kill a guy, he kinda knows where I am, so I get the hell outta there.

But I never hide in the common places. I stay behind rocks that are out in the open, on top of the back of a warthog, against the walls, on cliffs, etc. Anywhere where I can get away fast.

Liquid Gears
04-25-2002, 12:33 AM
Mine is in the sorta dessert-looking multiplayer battle stage. At one end of the stage there is a little hill with 2 little rock walls at the top. That's my favorite spot to go. You can sniper right across the entire field. Also, if you take a jeep up there you can hide it behind one of the little rock walls, so when you hide no one will know where you are and the jeep as well. Cool, eh?

khaos2005
04-25-2002, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by jschelm

Where is the tower that you guys are talking about and how do you get up there?

It's near the blue base, I'm pretty sure. Stand on top of blue base, and look at red base. The tower should be off to your right. It is elevated maybe, 20 meters or so. It looks like a long shaft sticking out of the rock wall. Looks like a tower. ;)

I hope those directions are right. They were off the top of my head.

Alien
04-25-2002, 06:30 AM
I like this spot by the blue base. When your facing the red base, there's a path that leads into the caves and stuff in the side. I go over there, and there's this little nook that you can hide in that is indented into the ground a bit. It's dark too, easy to get hits of people going up/down the ramp, or sniping.

The Reverend
04-25-2002, 08:29 AM
Blood Gultch is a great level to snipe on, but if you play with snipers, then after their first kill, you can usually hunt them down real quick. I hate the trail the bullets leave. What I like to do is snipe from my base at a couple of them, then pick up some more pistol ammo and warp to the middle. I then work my way towards their base (many different routes) and begin to pistol snipe. They have no idea where you are and you can keep moving. Unless the make an effort to come get you with a few of them, you can do this until you are out of ammo. Great fun.

I would have to say that Boarding Action is a great place to snipe. My roomies and I have this level perfected and can beat most people on it. A shotgun for one a pistol and sniper rifle for the rest......good times

EHWfedPres
04-25-2002, 04:53 PM
Boarding Action is great for sniping, but not on split screen. Sniping on split screen defeats the purpose all together.