PDA

View Full Version : HAve u ever tried or heard of this....

No Fear 23
04-24-2002, 08:56 PM
in halo i was playing around with those hunters on the silent cartegrapher level. when one of the hunters was running towards me and i was running towards him, i jumped in front of him right after he was ready to take a hit at me, i flew so high in the air that went higher than the silent cartegrpaher and i landed on it (it is wehre u meet the 2 hunters the first time)

have that ever happend to u?

khaos2005
04-24-2002, 09:01 PM
YES! I know exactly what you mean!

I was playing the Halo demo (yes, I have the game. I just wanted to see the special ending), and I jumped in front of it as it hit me, and d a m n I flew! I have never done this on that level. Whenever I have done it, it was inside a building, so I didn't fly super high, but it was still cool. But outside, it truly is awesome.

It reminds me of when I die and land on a pile of grenades, and watch the death camera pan out as I fly 200 meters or so. I love explosives.

Plewis
04-24-2002, 09:09 PM
i gotta try that:p it sounds cool

Alien
04-25-2002, 06:33 AM
I did it in a building, and I flew and hit the wall, it was cool.

Nato King
04-25-2002, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Plewis
i gotta try that:p it sounds cool

Like Plewis said I also think it's cool and I gotta try it too.:)

UnitedKingdom
04-25-2002, 08:29 AM
Try getting air in "Truth and Reconciliation" level, when the two hunters appear in the hanger after the massive battle. One of the hunters sent me flying up to the second floor, clear over the wall that seperates the two sides of the hanger and back down the otherside.

Huckleberry
04-25-2002, 10:48 AM
hey, uk...gotta say that you've got the best halo-oriented sig pic yet! it's sweeeeeeeet!

xboxman_1
04-25-2002, 08:50 PM
Another cool thing to do with hunters on silent cartographer is to go to that place, where when you walk down, the door shuts and you have to go unlock it. The second time you go there, there will be hunters there. Stande right by the ledge where you can jump down and get hurt, but still survive (right in front of that building.) Let the hunters charge you, but step out of the way. They wil fall off the ledge. Then, as quick as you can, try to kill them on the way down. It's pretty funny.

monkeyman
04-26-2002, 03:07 PM
hehe awsome i have done that once but i got rammed into the wall:(

on aotcr where you have to go up that big thing you know that there are 2 hunters there well if you kill the grunts and without them yelling and stuff the hunters will be asleep and just melee them like 5 times they make the greatest noise:D

Tkf5000
04-26-2002, 05:39 PM
hey irule23 is that pic from the pc version or something or did u just edit it really good. and dont say u unlocked it beating the game on easy then legendary in under 3 hours cuz thats a fake rumor code thing.

No Fear 23
04-26-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
hey irule23 is that pic from the pc version or something or did u just edit it really good. and dont say u unlocked it beating the game on easy then legendary in under 3 hours cuz thats a fake rumor code thing.

i entered a cheat code to get the flamethrower, a freidn of mine who worked with bungie to make this game told me that.

LOL, jsut kidding, i think its from an PC version, i jsut found that at some website. it was one of the snreenshots from something. i never thought there was an halo out for PC. but i really think they jsut prolyl had that in the game and showed a preview of that pic before the game was realesed and must have took it out, jsut like they took out some other cool weapons, i dont knwo why tho.

ScorpionX
04-26-2002, 07:51 PM
No matter how hard I try I cant get the hunter to hit me up very high. When should I jump?

No Fear 23
04-26-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by ratm1mj7
No matter how hard I try I cant get the hunter to hit me up very high. When should I jump?

its tricky....

when u both r runnung towards each other and when u get a couple feet close to him( like 5 feet or so), jump!!

try not to be so close to those lard azz bas tards

Halo Evolved
04-27-2002, 11:48 AM
I usually hit em a few times till they get ill tempered and charge at me and I run at them and jump a little before they get to me and I go flying. It has alot to do with timing so be sure to work on that aspect and you can accomplish it in no time.

monkeyman
04-27-2002, 07:35 PM
if you get both hunters going at you one behind and one in front and get out of the way in time they hit each other and it makes me laugh hehehehe

No Fear 23
04-27-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by monkeyman
if you get both hunters going at you one behind and one in front and get out of the way in time they hit each other and it makes me laugh hehehehe

LOL thats sounds funny, i gotta try that!:D

ScorpionX
04-27-2002, 10:01 PM
Yes, I finally made it on the top of the Silent Cartographer by the hunters shooting me up. I could never figure out how to do it.