PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with OXM?

EHWfedPres
04-24-2002, 11:02 PM
Is OXM lazy or just stupid? I remember a few issues back they promised a big Brute Force preview...and we FINALLY get one several issued later. They promised a Midtown Madness 3 preview for the next issue, in the May issue...I got the June in the mail and I see NOTHING about Midtown Madness 3. To tell you the truth, I dont expect to see a Mortal Kombat preview any time soon, unlike how they say there will be one next issue...that's just stupid.

Woocifer
04-25-2002, 07:39 AM
Not to be mean but Midtown Madness is boring and all around a bad racer... When I saw them announce this, I just slumped in my seat thinking, WHY ARE YOU KEEPING THIS ALIVE!!!

It will always be the same trapped races in the same trapped cities...boring...its not GTA3 its more like Crazy Taxi...and we all know how long of a game that turned out to be hehe

Anyway I'll bet they don't have the preview because they are gathering more info as they are allowed to do so. MM3 is probably still being dev'd quite heavily, they dont need some nosey reporters in their offices :)

Dre
04-25-2002, 07:46 AM
Could also have to do with the fact that you have the June issue 2 months and a half before june! hehehe.. they probably don't know enough yet.. might be kept under wraps for E3. So, since E3 is in May, does that mean we'll read all about it in September's issue of OXM coming out in july?

Woocifer
04-25-2002, 07:57 AM
Yeah does this mean that my year subscription is going to be over in a few months? hahahah What's the deal here...I'm going to be getting a magazine that is old and outdated already?

anthrax0r
04-25-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
To tell you the truth, I dont expect to see a Mortal Kombat preview any time soon, unlike how they say there will be one next issue...that's just stupid.

Isn't there a ~1 page Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance Preview in the June OXM or am I just a crazy rambler.:eek:

fanofslipknotib
04-25-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by anthrax0r
Isn't there a ~1 page Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance Preview in the June OXM or am I just a crazy rambler.:eek:

You are a crazy rambler. What it is is a "First Look". Those basically give you a heads up about the game. the Preview tells you what is going to be included and what not.

EHWfedPres
04-25-2002, 02:51 PM
If you notice the bottom of the page, you'll see a little box about how there will be a HUGE preview about it in the next issue, but I will bet any amount of money thet they will not have anything about it.

Why even say that the next issue will have a big preview and not have anything? Not just once, but in EVERY ISSUE! If they know they dont have enough info, why even say anything at all? Or at least say "In the near future" instead of "Next issue".

DZNUTZ
04-25-2002, 02:59 PM
that icon above is for all your sniveling lil baby's...damn stop crying...it might drip into your keyboard and mess it up then i wouldn't be able to read threads like this with people whining about things that the editors have no controll over. LOOK i'm sho they try to do their best...but things get pushed back or delayed...this is A FACT OF LIFE...it doesn't just apply to reviews and/or games but to all things in general. i for one think that they provide info the surpasses anyother site/mag in terms of quality and quanity...so if u hate it so bad...y don't u stop buying it. while your at it...y don't u whine that halo didn't have the flame throwe:rolleyes: :confused:

EHWfedPres
04-25-2002, 03:04 PM
If they know they dont have enough info, why even say anything at all? Or at least say "In the near future" instead of "Next issue".

I would like to refer to my previous comment...

DZNUTZ
04-25-2002, 03:05 PM
BECAUSE THINGS CHANGE!!!!!!! no i take that back...the jigs up...u caught us...its all one big consipiracy to annoy U. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

EHWfedPres
04-25-2002, 03:10 PM
Do they know for a fact that it will be in the next issue? NO...so why say it will be in the first place? It gives them a bad name and reputation.

Dre
04-25-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
BECAUSE THINGS CHANGE!!!!!!! no i take that back...the jigs up...u caught us...its all one big consipiracy to annoy U. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DZNUTZ, one of the common practices of running a good business is not to promise something that you can't deliver. Sure, things change... but that doesn't mean they have to announce previews for the next issue if they can't back it up.

Now, I've never worked for a magazine or anything but I would think that the "In the next issue..." would be done at the end close to the time when the issue is close to hitting the printing facilities. Now, since they are promising something in the next issue, I would think they would already have that information available to them seeing as how they only have 3 weeks or so to write the article in.

Anyways, OXM is a good magazine, but why you seem so compelled to defend them for what is clearly a fault I don't understand.

Since game demos are exclusive to OXM I guess they feel they have a bit more leeway (sp?) when announcing upcoming features. No one's going to turn to another magazine when they don't produce that which they have clearly stated they were going to. OXM knows they've got the demos, and I for one would probably not have subscribed if it didn't come with demos. I'm sure I'm not alone.. I can get news and previews elsewhere, demos no, so its a moot point.

DZNUTZ
04-25-2002, 03:31 PM
point is dre..when they say their gonna have it...they fully expect to....their not doing it to mislead u , ehw..or anyother reader....but unfortunately they don't always get what their promised either. so in turn..their not able to deliver

also let me mention..on page 11 of the new OXM...on the bottom left hand portion of the page in a LARGE RED BOX...it says "next month we HOPE to get the hands on-on playable stab at the xbox version,and IF we pull it off, we'll bring u a sprawling, massive preview"

EHWfedPres
04-25-2002, 03:45 PM
Go read the other ones like it, where they said "Next issue we will have a massive yadda yadda yadda, etc..." Yet they didnt have anything...

DZNUTZ
04-25-2002, 03:48 PM
your impossible:rolleyes:

EHWfedPres
04-25-2002, 03:55 PM
Your ignorant and dont understand...thats why.

Dre
04-25-2002, 03:59 PM
Your ignorant and dont understand...thats why.

Wow.. thats uncalled for..

DZNUTZ
04-25-2002, 04:03 PM
this is copied and pasted from the may 21st /hunter thread....i thought i also applies towards this one.

ya know what EHW...i tired of your lil ignorant immature and plain out childish presence in here...hey..somepeoples personalities just don't click and i though that might be the case with u and me...but your lil mufucan ash comes in here and starts insulting people with out any reason!?!?!!?!? wtf was the "IDIOT" comment for....?!?! that bs is not gonnna be tolerated by anyone....and deffinatley by some newbie. this is a friendly furom and if thats not the way u operate then kick rox u lil biiiiatch....and don't think i'm just some chit talker cuz this is the first time i've ever responded to someone like this.

EHWfedPres
04-25-2002, 04:04 PM
its also true. Ignorant means lack of knowledge, and he obviously dosent know about the business world. It may be harsh, but its the truth so you can do anything about it. I speak the truth and thats how ive always been.