PDA

View Full Version : May 21 2002, are you ready?

Ninja Scroll
04-25-2002, 10:12 AM
It's official, my prayers have finally been answered (well, I didnt really pray for it, but you know what I mean!:D) Hunter: The Reckoning has gone gold and it's date is in stone now.
This game has been on my most wanted list ever since I first laid my eyes on the movie demo in da OXM disc, that I believe was in issue 4 (correct me if im wrong) of OXM.
Is anyone else as eXcited for this sleeper title as da infamous XBA Ninja Jubei?
Im telling you guys, if this game get's some decent marketing ads other than print...**cough*someTV ads too**cough** then ths sleep title will be a hit! :)

And got the below article from da spot. Peep it out kids!

Hunter: The Reckoning goes gold
The Xbox action game set in the White Wolf universe is now complete.

Interplay has announced that Hunter: The Reckoning, its Xbox action game set in the White Wolf's World of Darkness universe, has gone gold. The story in Hunter: The Reckoning revolves around a prison where vampires performed hideous experiments on humans, resulting in the creation of strange zombies. These zombies eventually escape from the prison and infest a nearby town. Players will be able to select from one of four different "hunters" and will be responsible for hunting down these zombies.
"Our goal was to combine a great story with intense action, and the richness of the White Wolf universe gives us an incredible background," said Scot Lane, executive producer of Hunter. "We took full advantage of the graphical realism the Xbox provides."

Hunter: The Reckoning will be available in stores on May 21.
:cool:

Brevity
04-25-2002, 10:17 AM
May looks to be a D@mn good month 4 gamers. Lots to read a/b from E3 and tones of great games coming,,,,,,I cant wait.

studepaber
04-25-2002, 10:22 AM
For those of you who have their doubts about this game I have two words for you, "BUY IT!"...This game promises to be long, characters evolve, and for crying out loud it's zombie-slashing madness!! The only reasons you should not get this game are if you are absolutely broke and can't sell your plasma or sperm for $ or if you get weak at heart at the sight of blood and body parts flying everywhere. Warning though: buying this game will cause extreme bliss among you and 3 of your friends, and they may not leave your house for days at a time.

Ninja Scroll
04-25-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by studepaber
For those of you who have their doubts about this game I have two words for you, "BUY IT!"...This game promises to be long, characters evolve, and for crying out loud it's zombie-slashing madness!! The only reasons you should not get this game are if you are absolutely broke and can't sell your plasma or sperm for $ or if you get weak at heart at the sight of blood and body parts flying everywhere. Warning though: buying this game will cause extreme bliss among you and 3 of your friends, and they may not leave your house for days at a time.

LOL@selling sperm joke :D studepader is right fellow XBA comrades. This game is up to 4-player mayhem!!
Here's a link to da spots views of the games thus far.
Note: they did not update their "release date" for the game.
So it's still May 21 2002.
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,479406,00.html :cool:

l Maximus l
04-25-2002, 11:18 AM
Definatlely, Ninja! I'm really excited for Hunter! I mean, the fact that four dudes can play on one screen, no split screen, while the game zooms in close and expands out, depending on where the characters are in an area, and the fact that there is blood, gore, and guts makes this man a very happy man!

I've been waiting for this game like you have! I'm sure it will live up to the hype...One thing is for sure, Interplay is extremely proud of their work on this...and, this is their first game for the XBox. I know they want to make their XBox debut with a BOOM! And, this is the game to do it, I'm sure! :D

anthrax0r
04-25-2002, 11:21 AM
Hopefully it wont end up like Zombie Revenge for the DC which had a much similar premise...but I doubt it will. Looks very promising and finally a really good multiplayer game for mah friends :D

BTW - If you guys are looking to preorder it, the Interplay online store is giving away the Night of the Living Dead Classic Collector's Edition DVD with every pre-order.

Heres the link

http://www.interplay-store.com/product.asp?part_no=FG-XBX-1294-0&find%5Fcategory=&find%5Fdescription=&find%5Fpart%5Fdesc=&IPPC=ip_324

Ninja Scroll
04-25-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by anthrax0r
[B]Hopefully it wont end up like Zombie Revenge for the DC which had a much similar premise...but I doubt it will. Looks very promising and finally a really good multiplayer game for mah friends :D

God, pleeeeeeease let the name Zombie Revenge rest in peace.:(
Dude, I cant believe I dropped $39.99 on that crap yo!
I guess I was just a sucker for a zombie game since it was only meant to capitalize on the success of Resident Evil.:rolleyes:
Man, that game was soooo awful!

**leave me alone, Ninja go cry now** :(

GokuX
04-25-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

God, pleeeeeeease let the name Zombie Revenge rest in peace.:(
Dude, I cant believe I dropped $39.99 on that crap yo!
I guess I was just a sucker for a zombie game since it was only meant to capitalize on the success of Resident Evil.:rolleyes:
Man, that game was soooo awful!

**leave me alone, Ninja go cry now** :(

Zombies Revenge.....LOL you bought that game?!

*Ninja Respect O Meter falls to zero

Ninja Scroll
04-25-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Definatlely, Ninja! I'm really excited for Hunter! I mean, the fact that four dudes can play on one screen, no split screen, while the game zooms in close and expands out, depending on where the characters are in an area, and the fact that there is blood, gore, and guts makes this man a very happy man!

I've been waiting for this game like you have! I'm sure it will live up to the hype...One thing is for sure, Interplay is extremely proud of their work on this...and, this is their first game for the XBox. I know they want to make their XBox debut with a BOOM! And, this is the game to do it, I'm sure! :D

Yeah, I agree with everything your saying waxy, and I know your as pumped for this title as your XBA Role Model is.
But no matter what, if Interplay & Microsoft dont do something about marketing this game on television it will not be a big success, unless it gets it only from word of mouth from the fans and media.;)

DZNUTZ
04-25-2002, 01:17 PM
DUDE... anthrax0r....that is a HUGE FIND...what a deal...i already own the movie on VHS ...i personally think this is one of the best horror movies eva (the original blk and wht version). i usually buy from eb since i like the folks that work their and i get the 10 day return policy (which is about to be used for spidey becuase the game is to damn short/easy..and probably nba2k2 becuase even though its by far the best bball game available...i'll just have to buy an online version within the next year)...but i think i'll pay the 5 bucks shipping and wait an couple days to get that great movie on dvd....anyone else gonna do this?!?!

l Maximus l
04-25-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Yeah, I agree with everything your saying waxy, and I know your as pumped for this title as your XBA Role Model is.
But no matter what, if Interplay & Microsoft dont do something about marketing this game on television it will not be a big success, unless it gets it only from word of mouth from the fans and media.;)

I don't know, man...I'm not positive about television commercials or anything like that, but, I do know that major video game websites and the internet has raved about this game beyond belief! I'm so pumped up about this game! I can't wait!!! :D Yes, it's true, your leader and master shall be picking this one up the day it comes out!

anthrax0r
04-25-2002, 01:25 PM
I just noticed the Night of the LIving Dead DVD offer with the pre-order is not just limited to the interplay online store. If you prefer ordering games from EB they have the same deal.

Heres the link
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=219624

Im personally going to go ahead and preorder it right now.

Ninja Scroll
04-25-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by GokuX

Zombies Revenge.....LOL you bought that game?!

*Ninja Respect O Meter falls to zero

D@mmit GekoX,...er...GokuX!:D

Yo sunshine, you better be kidding! Ninja demands your respect d@mn you! Im your role model for crying out loud!
Dude, we all make mistakes:o

**FORGIVE ME FELLOW NINJA FANS! ZOMBIE REVENGE IS NOT WORTHY!** ;)

Ninja Scroll
04-25-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Yes, it's true, your leader and master shall be picking this one up the day it comes out!

I dont know about all dat "your my leader & master" off-beat shinanigan jibber-jabber your flapping your black dirty gums about waximus, but im happy to know my nephew (dats you waxy!;) ) is getting this highly anticapted game you day one!
Hopefully other XBA jabroni's will follow suit!:cool:

DIGITAL
04-25-2002, 02:36 PM
i can allready picture me an my friends fighting over which charcter they get to be ,i can not wait for this game ,an good look on the pre order info ,when i was a little kid i bought night of the living dead on tape an whatched it over an over

EHWfedPres
04-25-2002, 03:26 PM
Direct from EBworld.com...

Hunter: The Reckoning - (Pre-Order, Ships On 05/21/2002)

Dont be disappointed if you go to EB on the 21st and dont see it, because THATS THE SHIPPING DATE!

DZNUTZ
04-25-2002, 03:58 PM
ya know what EHW...i tired of your lil ignorant immature and plain out childish presence in here...hey..somepeoples personalities just don't click and i though that might be the case with u and me...but your lil mufucan ash comes in here and starts insulting people with out any reason!?!?!!?!? wtf was the "IDIOT" comment for....?!?! that bs is not gonnna be tolerated by anyone....and deffinatley by some newbie. this is a friendly furom and if thats not the way u operate then kick rox u lil biiiiatch....and don't think i'm just some chit talker cuz this is the first time i've ever responded to someone like this.

EHWfedPres
04-25-2002, 04:02 PM
I got mad because this happened before, all the time. People constantly make that mistake and it pïsses me off because people can be so ignorant. They know its the shipping date, but they also know than they cant have the game on that date, but yet they continue to say they look forward to the shipping date. I look forward to the release date more than anything because you cant play the game if you cant buy it in the first place.

And I know all about this forum, I registered way before you, on my other account. Im sure Maximus can verify that...

DZNUTZ
04-25-2002, 04:06 PM
and i'm sho the majority of members here would agree with me...that if the posts you've made today are similar to those you generally make or how u conduct yourself...then your a member that we would rather not have.

EHWfedPres
04-25-2002, 04:07 PM
Whats wrong with saying what I think? Whats so wrong about expressing my opinion?

DZNUTZ
04-25-2002, 04:11 PM
their nothing wrong with disagreeing or having different opinions...its just that at least 2 times today youve responded to people without being provked i might add, by insulting people....u can have a mature conversation/disagreement..w/out lowering yourself to name calling.

l Maximus l
04-25-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Whats wrong with saying what I think? Whats so wrong about expressing my opinion?

Yes, I remember you from before. But, I believe DZNUTZ has a point. I mean, I remember you being a cool dude and everthing, but, you don't have to be so harsh...like calling someone an "idiot" even if you have a tiny pet peeve about a little shipping date? Know what I mean?

I know you were originally here before DZNUTZ, however, DZNUTZ has become one of the best members her at XBoxaddict. He's well respected and, personally, one of my favorite members.

Just take it a little more easy. You are a really cool dude when you don't get a tiny bit irritated...because, when you do, you tend to go a little overboard. You know what I mean? Just kinda keep it cool :)

EHWfedPres
04-25-2002, 04:16 PM
Name calling? I called someone an idiot...once. maybe twice...but im sure that he wont get depressed of anything like that. I dont need my mommy to hold my hand when i come here...you can call me whatever you want, because i really dont think anything of it. Sorry if I offended anyone, im not here to cause trouble. But if anyone says a game comes out on the hipping date (especially someone that was here as long as ninja scroll), im gonna tell them what I think of them...so whoever you are, dont get too surprised when I reply to your ignorant post.

By saying ignorant, I dont mean to offend, its just a word to describe someone who dosent know something...thats all. Its like the S-word, it means the same as poopy or crap or dung, why cant you call it...the S-word? I dont find that word offensive at all. But I know that people do, so im calling it the S-word.

Ninja Scroll
04-26-2002, 11:26 AM
YO waximus & dznutz, this jackass is da same fool who got banned awhile ago named Bioharzard,...or something wack like dat!:rolleyes:
NO one pays dat fool no mind anyways. He does no research, just runs his fat lips.
I hope da mods see his ass again and ban him everytime he trys to sign up here.
One would think getting banned means his candy ass in not wanted around dis joint!:rolleyes:
Go fig!