PDA

View Full Version : Halo School Grand Opening

VAN
04-25-2002, 11:50 AM
That's right, folks. Halo School will be in session soon. Everyones favorite XBA staffer (ahem...that's me, folks) has finally stepped up to broadband internet and has recently installed the XboxConnect software to allow him to play Halo online.

What does this mean for you?

It means that now I will be offering FREE Halo @ss kickings on a nightly basis. :D

(was that c0cky enough?)

Ok, maybe TOO c0cky. Actually, I played online last night for the first time, and I didn't do too bad, though I did lose by 2 kills. Not too shabby, considering it was my first time playing in an unfamiliar environment. My opponent was familiar with the terrain and the whereabouts of the random shields and cloaks, so he had the advantage.

Tonight, immediately after the Chat Lounge Giveaway, I will be hosting a game on Xboxconnect.

Feel free to stop by and either take me to school, or get taken to school yourself. (my money is on the latter)

Hope to see some of ya later!

silvertrace
04-25-2002, 11:55 AM
congrats on gettin broadband............i hope to see u on xbc.......

fanofslipknotib
04-25-2002, 11:58 AM
Hmm, I'll try my best to get there, though it is unlikely. We'll have to see if I can be there to kick some ass.:D

Kraft
04-25-2002, 12:01 PM
I should be on tonight also. I played for the first time last night. It was a massacre, guys I played against sucked, and I wasn't even hosting. Anyways, 3 people on the blood gulch map, score was 25-7-3 by the end. Prolly get my butt handed to me today though ;)

l Maximus l
04-25-2002, 12:03 PM
Sweet! VAN is on XBConnect! Great to hear, buddy! Now you can see what all of us Halo maniacs have been talking about!

By the way, VAN, Silvertrace mentioned that XBConnect may be updating their software as soon as this weekend to version 1.0! Apparently, this new version will provide us on-line hooligans with 10% less lag! I'm looking forward to it and I thought I would let you know not to forget to update it!

By the way, when you have the normal screen up for XBConnect, there will be a note on the bottom left of the application that will forward you to the place where you can update it :)

I'll try and find you tonight....what time are you expected to be on and what are you going to name the room? Also, what is your upload speed? I'm on the West Coast, so, we could have some issues with lag :(

silvertrace
04-25-2002, 12:06 PM
biohazard and inkslinger were on mirc last nite and told everyone that version 1.0 is available tonite..............so it will have integrated chat, ban option, and 10% less bandwidth needed...

so pick it up.........................BTW....i live in NC Van so we should be able to play a lag free game, with u in SC.............

VAN
04-25-2002, 12:30 PM
I should be on XBC by 9:30pm Eastern time.
(6:30pm for you west coast folk)

I hosted a game last night and it was 100% lag free, though I don't recall where the other players were connecting from.

What will I name the room? Hehe. Let's just say that you'll know it when you see it. :)

I hope to play with some of ya later. I havent really played Halo since I beat it (way back in November), so go easy on me, folks.

Last night I made the mistake of joining a game with 3 others who belonged to the same Clan. Their mission? Find me and kill me while leaving each other alone. I was pretty much f**ked from the word go.

I only played for a couple hours last night, and only played one map, but I can already see that the official Xbox Live is going to be HUGE. I can't wait for the official launch. Squad-based combat with the use of the Xbox Communicator may very well be the greatest gaming experience ever.

Kraft
04-25-2002, 12:33 PM
Not sure if XBConnect works the same way, but when I host quake3 games my computer always has no lag when Im in the game. Why? Because it takes my comp 0 ms to communicate with itself... Other people might have still been experiencing a little lag.

l Maximus l
04-25-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by VAN-XBA
I should be on XBC by 9:30pm Eastern time.
(6:30pm for you west coast folk)

I hosted a game last night and it was 100% lag free, though I don't recall where the other players were connecting from.

What will I name the room? Hehe. Let's just say that you'll know it when you see it. :)

I hope to play with some of ya later. I havent really played Halo since I beat it (way back in November), so go easy on me, folks.

Last night I made the mistake of joining a game with 3 others who belonged to the same Clan. Their mission? Find me and kill me while leaving each other alone. I was pretty much f**ked from the word go.

I only played for a couple hours last night, and only played one map, but I can already see that the official Xbox Live is going to be HUGE. I can't wait for the official launch. Squad-based combat with the use of the Xbox Communicator may very well be the greatest gaming experience ever.

VAN...just so you know, the host is always 100% lag free. Others joining will endure some level of lag, unless you have amazing upload speed with your connection.

And, dude...I completely agree with Microsoft's XBox Live on-line network! It's going to be like November 15th, 2001 all over again! I think it's going to be bigger than any of us can imagine! There will be zero lag for anyone and I can't wait to get my mits on the Communicator and Unreal Championship!

Playing Halo on-line is extremely addicting! I constantly have buddies over teaming up with me and challenging opponents. It's so fun! Halo has to be the best drinking game ever :D

Ninja Scroll
04-25-2002, 12:38 PM
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused: :eek: :confused:

VAN-XBA LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

And all this time I thought you fell into an endless sleep at your computer monitor or something?:cool:

Happy to knkow your on broadband now VAN, time for Ninja to layeth da smacketh downeth on your Street Fighter-Guile haircut looking ass!:D

Wait a sec....:confused: .... Ninja's not on gamespy or xconnect.. why VAN, you lucky b@satard you:o Oh well, I will see you this summer 2002 on the Xbox network joint!

Happy practicing on bums like maxi-pad-imus, silver-stain;) , and jjax!:)

ShannonX
04-25-2002, 02:25 PM
Yo van, i might have to look you up tonight then... i will be around the chat so i might catch a game or 2 with ya...

E-Xbox
04-25-2002, 02:30 PM
LMAO @ VAN!
he thinks hes good..
hehe..

peace