PDA

View Full Version : The deal with Fate

NateDogg828
04-25-2002, 12:15 PM
Ok, what is the official deal with the MMORPG Fate? is it out of production or what? i heard that Epix shut down, is this true? if so, are the developers going somewhere else with the game? i'd like to know, cuz that game sounded just awesome, thanks.

Nate

Calve
04-26-2002, 09:25 PM
yo i neva heard a dis game b4 bro

ah well hopefully itll come out and kick some major ass

Peace

preetz16
04-26-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Calve
yo i neva heard a dis game b4 bro

Please don't take offense if you already know this, but the way you responded leads me to believe that you don't. MMORPG stands for Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (it's a genre, not a specfic game), in other words literally thousands of people play in the SAME game all in real time. NateDogg is taking about the company required to host these huge games and provide the technology to do so. And no I haven't heaard anything about them...

Crazy Joe
04-27-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by preetz16

Please don't take offense if you already know this, but the way you responded leads me to believe that you don't. MMORPG stands for Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (it's a genre, not a specfic game), in other words literally thousands of people play in the SAME game all in real time. NateDogg is taking about the company required to host these huge games and provide the technology to do so. And no I haven't heaard anything about them...

no, actually he is talking about the game Fate, which is a MMORPG. The game looked sweet, i forget where i read about it. I hope someone else picks it up.

aneep
05-11-2002, 04:24 PM
Epyx was the developer AFAIR
so no Fate, its has gone down with the developer

other games that have been cancelled/put on hold/gone down with its developer

Jetsprint MX- FUncom discontinue project, want to concentrate on PC and its online game

Seraphim-Valkyrie Studios went out of business, no publisher wants to pick up(funded) the project, no money left to continue

Giants X-cancelled (money problem on publisher, no one interested to dev the project is the official line)

Sacrifice X-cancelled, whole team (Sacrifice only, the Matrix team is still there, well most of them i think) was let go (money problem on publisher)

Kengo X-Crave (Lightweight is the dev, Crave is the publisher) went and do Kabuki Warriors instead, cancelled the Kengo port
they must be really regretting it now

Jonny Drama-put on hold for re evaluation (official line)

of there's this one little game called FFX (port) if anyone is willing to believe it... (half complete, project put on hold/cancelled)

that's all i remember right now, there must be several more that i forgot :)

-aneep-