PDA

View Full Version : oxm bad luck

DIGITAL
04-25-2002, 12:54 PM
this is the second time ive had bad luck with oxm,i just got my june issue an i ran toplay put the demo disc in but my xbox wouldnt reconize it,i take the disc out an see a slice across the bottom of the demo disc,looks like from a razor blade,an i couple of months ago an issue got lost in the mail,im so pi**ed off right now i want to see the doa content,well at least i rented spiderman this moring so ill have something to play,an has anyone else recived a damaged disc,i could off messed up my xbox with the thing!:mad:

GokuX
04-25-2002, 12:58 PM
Sorry to hear that. That must've been a horrible let down after you were all pumped for the DOA stuff. I know I'd be a bit miffed.

Xbox Owner
04-25-2002, 01:13 PM
some where in the oxm there is a # to call about that stuff

anthrax0r
04-25-2002, 01:18 PM
You can try reporting the disc trouble Here (https://secure.imaginemedia.com/disc/xboxCD.html) I dont know if anyone has had luck with it, but its the disc-support form off the official xbox magazine website. Looks like all you have to do is fill in your personal info and disc problem info and they send you a new disc.

DZNUTZ
04-25-2002, 01:22 PM
i got my issue last night....BOMBBBBB ISSSSSSUE!!!!!!!!!! well anyway i'll get into that later...i to got the disc reading error when i first popped it in....but i just unloaded and reloaded it and viola! so i experienced the emotions your having for about 5 seconds if thats any consulation:rolleyes:

CyberBOMB
04-25-2002, 02:16 PM
the issue was okay, i kind of have a problem playing demos of games that are already out. Max Payne was out before christmas man, so was Halo. If you subscribed to the magazine chances are that you have halo. The booster disc was cool. I dont even play DOA 3 (even though i have it) the idea of upgrading games makes me feel better about games i buy. Hopefully this is just the beginning and if Microsoft had any brains they would encourage companies to make them (even if they charge only $5 or something for it) Such an accomplishment is no where to be found on PS2. Ive said my peace and counted to three.

l Maximus l
04-25-2002, 02:20 PM
Dude...that hugz nutz, Digital. I'd just report it and have a new one sent to you. Good luck!

Is there any highlights that you've seen in the magazine that you were pumped up about, though?

DIGITAL
04-25-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Dude...that hugz nutz, Digital. I'd just report it and have a new one sent to you. Good luck!

Is there any highlights that you've seen in the magazine that you were pumped up about, though? yeah there was a screen for a game called gladius that made me think of you ,xbox needed a gladator game an allso this ghost game where you play as a ghost an you got to scare people,i havent finshed reading it yet,an i wanted to thank you guys with the info about disc support over at oxm,hopefully ill get a new one before it hitz newstands

Snoopy7548
04-25-2002, 05:07 PM
dude, that happened to me, my disc doesnt work at all, i must have tried it 50 times and it doesnt work, i even cleaned it and it still doesnt work. i had to reorder a new one, and ill get it in like a month, da*n this sucks, i was so exicted about the doa3 addon and everything.

EHWfedPres
04-25-2002, 05:10 PM
I had a dirty disk error on either the 6th or 7th disk...and one part of the rallisport demo dosent work...but the other race types do...the dave mirra demo on 6 freezes up a little every now and then...

blindman18
04-25-2002, 06:21 PM
I am from Canada and I wont get my june issue for a while yet.
I am suprised that you are actually getting them already.
it feels wierd for me to get june issue in may and you get it in april. I think that is pretty screwed up.
by the time june comes around, the june issue news will be way old. I don't see the point.

Wu3000
04-25-2002, 06:26 PM
dang all these people having disc problems, and the disc with the booster disc doa thingy. i hope these reports of bad discs wont turn xbox away from trying this again. i have to wait for it to come out on newstands.

chitty

wu

EHWfedPres
04-25-2002, 06:29 PM
the doa3 add-on worked fine for me...i like hayabusa's new costume, he looks awesome. Also, Bayman and Leon look better...

Frostberg
04-25-2002, 10:34 PM
Well I have problems too...I tried to load the Halo demo and it just turned off and went to the dashboard...and then does the JSRF demo just end without warning?

Kooster
04-25-2002, 10:37 PM
I don't have DOA3, but all the other demos on the latest disk worked for me.