PDA

View Full Version : Where Is Morrowind For The Xbox?!!!!

Mercury
04-25-2002, 06:09 PM
It's gone gold for the pc version, why isn't anything being said about the xbox's version? If I have to wait until June or later for it then without a doubt I'm trading in my xbox for a PS2. This is ridiculous!!!

There are 3 games right now that I'm loving on my xbox: Spiderman, Blood Omen 2, and 007. All three are on the PS2!!! So why shouldn't I trade it in? I will not wait for later than May for Morrowind!

Bundy
04-25-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Mercury
It's gone gold for the pc version, why isn't anything being said about the xbox's version? If I have to wait until June or later for it then without a doubt I'm trading in my xbox for a PS2. This is ridiculous!!!

There are 3 games right now that I'm loving on my xbox: Spiderman, Blood Omen 2, and 007. All three are on the PS2!!! So why shouldn't I trade it in? I will not wait for later than May for Morrowind!

ok you are being retarted.. if it does come out in june, how does getting a ps2 help? it will never be on the ps2.

the ms certification for xbox games about 3 weeks. The xbox doesn't have the ability to dl a patch and it shouldn't it is a console. That means the testing is a little more strict. It should begin shipping on may 15. So take a pill and sit back.

EHWfedPres
04-25-2002, 06:13 PM
You will be able to buy it on the 16th of may...not even a month away.

Bretzky
04-25-2002, 06:14 PM
I don't wanna wait any longer for this game either. The good news is that it is coming out for Xbox on the 15th of May.
Whoo hoo!

This is what EB games say and it was recently changed ( like two days ago ) so it is probably right. The pc version comes out a week early though which really sucks.
Oh well.
Can't wait any longer for the the 15th.
It's coming... :cool: :cool: :cool:

ecountz
04-25-2002, 06:15 PM
It will be for sale May 15 for Xbox Version and April 29 for PC Version. Microsoft has to give final approval before release.

Bretzky
04-25-2002, 06:15 PM
Whoa that was wierd all three of us posted at exactly the same time!:eek:

EHWfedPres
04-25-2002, 06:18 PM
You are all WRONG. It SHIPS the 15th of may, you CANNOT buy it until the 16th of May.

Bundy
04-25-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
You are all WRONG. It SHIPS the 15th of may, you CANNOT buy it until the 16th of May.

umm not all of us were wrong. My post clear states shipping may 15.

EHWfedPres
04-25-2002, 06:22 PM
Yeah, I meant those who replied after I did. sorry man for not being clear...anyway, at least SOMEONE around here knows whats up. :cool:

Nato King
04-25-2002, 06:24 PM
I would wait until june for this game. I know when this game comes out it will be one of the best games out for the xbox. I love this game and what it has to offer. So Bretzky just chill out and you will have this game in no time. :)

EHWfedPres
04-25-2002, 06:27 PM
I would rather have to wait for a good bug-free game rather than have a glitch-ridden game in front of me right now.

So in other words, I'll wait until next year if need be.

Bundy
04-25-2002, 06:29 PM
that is so true. I agree fully.

Plewis
04-25-2002, 06:35 PM
guys if you wait for games you will just get annoyed with the set backs. just play ur current games now and dont worry. to the starter of the thread... if you dont like HALO! then you should buy a ps2... what a retard:D

Msterrrr
04-25-2002, 06:44 PM
if he wasnt so busy ranting and raving
he would of seen my thread morrowind 05/15/2002

the answer to your thread's question is the title:confused: :confused: :confused: dohhhhhhhh

l Maximus l
04-25-2002, 06:53 PM
Mercury. If you want to get a PS2, get it. Do you honestly think anyone cares? :rolleyes:

Man, I get so d a m n tired of little babies that have no patience. :mad:

If you are a true gamer, then, you'll understand that delays happen with all systems. Try being a little more mature about thins and grow up...and change that diaper of yours...it appears that you have dung spread all over your ass and are uncomfortable :rolleyes:

Mercury
04-25-2002, 08:17 PM
Ummm, why does everyone think it's coming out in May????

If it's because of eb then I'm going to shake my head in disgust.

Does this look familiar?

Nov 15, 2001
Feb 15, 2002
Arp 24, 2002

These are all release dates that EB has posted and swore by. Now you are telling me that you believe them when they say may 15th? LOL

I want to hear a final word from the game company themselves!!!

faceoff508
04-25-2002, 08:20 PM
It has areldy gone golD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bundy
04-25-2002, 08:22 PM
Ummm, why does everyone think it's coming out in May????

If it's because of eb then I'm going to shake my head in disgust.

Does this look familiar?

Nov 15, 2001
Feb 15, 2002
Arp 24, 2002

These are all release dates that EB has posted and swore by. Now you are telling me that you believe them when they say may 15th? LOL

well if you read the fourms over at elderscrolls.com you would know that it is already in the ms cert process.. any issues that come up, bethesda can fix and send back, and the testing goes on. Bethesda doesn't have a rock solid date, but they are still sticking to may and they said a week or two after the pc one hits the stores.

EHWfedPres
04-25-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I would rather have to wait for a good bug-free game rather than have a glitch-ridden game in front of me right now.

At least you have a good reason to wait. Imagine if it did come out on time? The first time? It would suck compared to how they are improving it...I just hope Bethesda dosent pull a RAW :confused:

VenoM
04-25-2002, 09:37 PM

your gonna trade it for a ps2 for over one game which probably aint gonna be all that good....its just hype,i mean they already said...the pc one was better....and as for the 3 games you have on the xbox well....they look way better on the xbox then the ps2...thats reason enough to play them on the xbox...dont be a fool over one silly game...calm down and wait

preetz16
04-25-2002, 09:38 PM

Does this look familiar?

Nov 15, 2001
Feb 15, 2002
Arp 24, 2002

Ok, I agree that all of these shopping website are out of control, but I think we can sefely say that it's finally coming. The PC version had officially gone gold and people that preordered it for PC have had charges accessed to their creidit cards. It's coming, Microsoft QA just has to pass it and it'll be here for Xbox too...

EHWfedPres
04-25-2002, 09:47 PM
PoS2 sucks. Why? Because it has stupid, linear games like Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry (I did when I saw it), and a ton of stupid linear rpg's featuring midgets in their underwear. I'd rather play Morrowind, Project Ego, HALO, Hunter, Loose Cannon, etc rather than those dumb games. Plus I'd also like to play GTA3, 007, State of Emergency, Dave Mirra 2, etc...Sure, they are on bot systems, but i;d rather play it on the better system any day.

EHWfedPres
04-25-2002, 09:48 PM
Oh, and dude...if Morrowind gets delayed until June, we'll all be playing it in June while you play your dumb PoS2 games :)

Calve
04-25-2002, 09:51 PM
Yo the xbox has been steady for its releases with the acception of hunter and morrowind

chill man we got lotsa games

peace

Kooster
04-25-2002, 10:34 PM
Mercury, I can't believe you would want to trade in your Xbox for a PS2 over one game. There are so many other Xbox titles coming out that you will miss if you do so. Project Ego, Brute Force, Star Wars: KOTOR, Soul Caliber 2, Unreal Championship, Gum Metal... Just be patient.

Dre
04-25-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by VenoM

your gonna trade it for a ps2 for over one game which probably aint gonna be all that good....its just hype,i mean they already said...the pc one was better....and as for the 3 games you have on the xbox well....they look way better on the xbox then the ps2...thats reason enough to play them on the xbox...dont be a fool over one silly game...calm down and wait

Venom, I respect your opinion. No one likes every single game out there. But please don't make stuff up. I really find it pointless to make such claims with no proof at all. If you are going to diss a game every time its brought up in a thread (as I've noticed you do with Morrowind) at least give some proof of your claims.

Nothing regarding Morrowind is hype.. if you want, I'll more than glady point you to over 20 reviews/previews for Xbox and PC that confirm just that (and thats only with a beta version that reviews/previews are performed). And if that isn't enough for you, I'll find another 20. As for "they already said the pc one was better", I would like to know who "they" are.

This is from the official morrowind website straight from one of the developers interview (link here (http://www.elderscrolls.com/codex/team_fourbuttons.htm) ):

Two of the most common questions get asked are "What are the minimum specs to run the game" and "Why Xbox? How is it different?" Oddly enough these two questions have many similarities.

What I can say is this…it runs great on Xbox.

And that's the Xbox answer. Why Xbox? Because we can bring an RPG to a console unlike anyone has ever seen. We can show those Final Fantasy fans the difference.

Then a bit later in the article:
For what we are doing with Morrowind, Xbox is a great technical fit. We were doing graphics for high-end PCs at the end of 2001, and Xbox is slightly better than that.

And then later...
[...]made us rethink the interface completely. For the PC we have a very "Windows™" like system. You can drag and drop things, rescale your menus, etc. Really the ultimate in PC game interfaces. That all gets thrown away on Xbox, and replaced with a system that uses the controller. It's superior to the PC interface in some ways. Overall it's actually faster to do things.

And this is from the official morrowind FAQ also on www.morrowind.com (link here (http://www.elderscrolls.com/games/games_faq.htm) ):
What is the difference between the two versions?
The TES Construction Set only ships with the PC version. The controls for each version are obviously different, with the PC using controls much like a first-person shooter using the keyboard/mouse combination. The content (quests, dungeons, etc) are exactly the same in both versions.

Anyways, I'm already loving this game and I don't even have it yet!! :D Maybe thats why I'm kinda touchy on the subject. But, its annoying to have unfounded claims made by unknowledgeable people. I just felt I needed to set things straight. Nothing personal Venom, heck maybe now you'll take the time to at least check it out b4 dissing it.. but whatever..

Cheers

Crazy Joe
04-25-2002, 11:40 PM
tell 'em Dre, I am also crazily awaiting this game!

VenoM
04-26-2002, 11:05 AM

http://users.pandora.be/p0p0/youare.swf

Dre
04-26-2002, 01:35 PM

Lol!! That was funny!

khaos2005
04-26-2002, 01:54 PM

Haha, that was great! Good show, you tell him.

DZNUTZ
04-26-2002, 02:15 PM
1. anyone that would trade their console because a game was delayed (not canceled) is a few cans short of a six-pack
2. ehw.....what your big issue w/ the difference between shipdates and self dates?!?!?! u go totally crazy on this subj...24/7
3. i already preordered morrowind through eb (as i've already mentioned a couple times:( ) for 39.99 (pc version was same price and came with that added kit fo free)

EHWfedPres
04-26-2002, 04:35 PM
I get very mad, yes I do. Because retards say it comes out on the shipping date, and I, along with many other people, expect to play the game on that date. Yet when I go to EB...NO GAME! Plus the employees get royally pyssed as well. If someone says that a game comes out on the shipping date, people expect to get the game then. I just want people to be less ignorant. It gets me very very mad.

Msterrrr
04-26-2002, 04:50 PM
chill out dude,, you got too much of the man goo built up,, sounds like you need full release massage
:D :D
its only a day difference your acting like its a month or two

39.99 preordered cant beat that!! i did the same

NegroGamer
04-26-2002, 05:07 PM
notice that the people who post dumb stuff never come back to the scene of the crime.....lol