PDA

View Full Version : Square Announcing Secret Games For XBOX!!!

DOOM
09-23-2001, 03:56 PM
Is Square about to announce three Xbox titles on Monday?

Here's what we know at this time - some of the world's press has been called to Japan in order to receive what could be a pre-TGS briefing on Square's Xbox game announcements. Rumors on the web have been spilling in on the unconfirmed information that the Square announcement might actually hit on Monday morning during a press conference in Tokyo. Others have rumored that this is actually just a pre-TGS briefing for major magazines, and that all information released is to ensure that magazines with long lead times have the information for print around the same time as the show in October.
Square's been rumored to have Xbox titles under its sleeve for over a year now, but what could they be? From what we've heard from sources and flying monkeys, these are the titles that will be announced (when, of course, Square finally announces them):

Final Fantasy XI (Square's online world, for multiple platforms)
Bushido Blade X (realistic fighting with one-hit kills)
Chrono Cross X (if you don't know what this is, then you've missed out on one of the best RPG series ever)
Final Fantasy XI has been rumored (and not-so-subtly hinted at by the company) for the system for months now, but the announcement of the other games, particularly Chrono Cross X, comes as welcome surprise to those worried that Japanese support of the Xbox will be sparse and second-hand. But what's this about Nintendo scooping up Square altogether? More rumors, folks. Whose rumors are beating out whose rumors? We'll find out soon enough -- but at the very least, we know that Xbox and cross-platform people were invited to this event, and that our Nintendo editors are still sitting at their house in SF instead of in Tokyo, so...

No one will argue that such an announcement by Square would be a huge boost for the Xbox in the eyes of the community. At this point, these exciting rumors haven't been confirmed, but we only have to wait until tommorow to know for sure.

All i know is if Xbox get These games Playstation 2 & The Cube are finished!! Just imagine these games on the XBOX, all poished looking fine with better moves and colour!! Why Settle For less, When You Can Have The Best Version!

I can see playstation 2 & Game Cube's coffins now!!

X B O X, U.S.A.!

Article @ :
http://xbox.ign.com/news/38530.html

Severe_Tire_Damage
09-23-2001, 06:19 PM
Um...Maybe I just don'r grasp the concept but, generally, when something is secret, it wouldn't be announced would it?

DOOM
09-23-2001, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by DOOM
Announcing Secret Games For XBOX!!!

Let Me Clarify, ANNOUNCING means they will be TELLING What The Secret Games Will Be...

DOOM
09-24-2001, 07:58 AM
I HOPE THAT THEY JOIN THE X! Weel Find Out Laterz Today I Hope!

Knight
09-24-2001, 05:13 PM
It would be nice for a XBox version of FFX!

WheresYOURgoldMedal?
09-24-2001, 05:19 PM
im sorry i know this will be unpopular, but really i hate the final fantasy games and pretty much that entire concept. i think if you want to have fun on an rpg, you should be able to do more than stand 15 feet away from your opponet and take turns attacking each other. i tried playin those games but i couldnt fight the urge to move my friggin guy up on my opponent and punch the s.h.i.t out of him , i dunno i guess i like my rpg's to be more i dunno, less like final fantasy. gimmie mystical ninja starring goemon any day.

Xboxmaster2001
09-24-2001, 05:21 PM
hes right and none of the FF series games related to the others WTF final fantasy 10 and 11 look good the internet one better be like pso...that game rules

sinizuh
09-24-2001, 05:21 PM
goldmedal, i know. i've hated Final Fantasy since i played FF7 all those years ago. i don't see whats so good about it :P

i think Chrono Cross and Grandia II are better than any FF game... but FFX looks to badass to diss :\

cvking
09-24-2001, 05:23 PM
all i have to say is "FF" OooOO i cant wait

Xboxmaster2001
09-24-2001, 05:24 PM
FF7 was the only one i liked i dunno why maybe it was because of sephiroth...mind controled me made me beat it 13 times

cvking
09-24-2001, 05:25 PM
yeah he was the best villian out of all of em!

Xboxmaster2001
09-24-2001, 05:27 PM
ya I dunno why maybe because he was unstoppable and looked
cool

cvking
09-24-2001, 05:27 PM
best part of the game is when you have the flashback!!
even though it's all talking it was real cool and you get to play as sephroth(i dunno how to spell it:D ) when you fight the dragon

do you remember this part?

Aaron
09-24-2001, 05:34 PM
the only RPG i liked (remotely) was Skies Of Arcadia for DC, cause the spells looked badass. But that was it. FF is lame, i only hope we get it so we can laugh at everyone else heheeh

DOOM
09-24-2001, 08:04 PM
Has Anyone Heard Anything New About This???

Marc
09-24-2001, 09:57 PM
I don't give a ***** about Square, I don't like their games. I am glad they are producing games for the xbox, though, cause it will help the xbox tremendously in the long run.

WheresYOURgoldMedal?
09-24-2001, 10:04 PM
im not too familiar with square. . . what games did they make?

cvking
09-24-2001, 10:35 PM
FF series, Chrona Chross, Xenogers, Bouncer and a few others........ Xbox Needs Squarsoft