PDA

View Full Version : which snowboarding game should i get???

faz
04-26-2002, 04:29 AM
Okay

Which one shall it be?

1.amped
2.dark summit
3.ssx tricky

i just want to know ur opinions guys. so help me out..also i am not looking for anything particular in any of these games like racing or freestyle...just want to get the game that i will be hooked on to for the most time...

khaos2005
04-26-2002, 06:06 AM
My opinions:

NOT Dark Summit.
SSX is pretty good.
Amped is the best, get Amped.

UltraMuffin
04-26-2002, 06:19 AM
Amped is my favorite Xbox game so far, I enjoy it more than Halo (by far). I tried SSX Tricky and didn't like it that much... and I played the Dark Summit demo and thought to myself "Wtf is this?".

Niner Six
04-26-2002, 06:21 AM
Depends on your tastes...if you prefer fun cartoon like racing with spectacular tricks, then go with Tricky, if your more inclined to go with realism, go with amped, as for Summit, go with Tricky or Amped. If you can rent them, I suggest you do so first and then make your decision.

E-Vader
04-26-2002, 06:22 AM
SSX is awsome but I haven't played Amped but am getting it.

Alien
04-26-2002, 06:32 AM
I've played Amped and Dark Summit, DS on a demo, Amped is the best I'd say.

tech
04-26-2002, 11:19 AM
If you like over the top crazy fun, then SSX Tricky is the one for you. If you like total realizm, then Amped is for you. I have SSX Tricky and I have a ball with the game. But I also tried the Amped demo and I had fun with it too. I'm planing to pick up Amped myself later. But the winner so far is SSX Tricky for me.

Kraft
04-26-2002, 11:22 AM
I'd have to go with AMPED. Maximus and many others who aren't here right now would tell you amped too. It is easily the most gorgeous and realistic looking snowboarding game ever. The only downfall I've found with it is the halfpipe can be *very* tricky to master, but thats the only downfall which makes it a very very very good game. Especially for someone like me who can't get to a mountain to ski and board very often :(

OppiumNitrates
04-26-2002, 11:29 AM
Amped brotha, amped

Wu3000
04-26-2002, 02:56 PM
okay dark summit sucks. and its just like everyone said you like the "cartoonvideogames" then get tricky. amped is my favorite also, for some reason i missed this game at launch, how i did this i dunno. i bought this game at kmart on 420. i was like when i put doa3 in for the first time. its a beautiful game. and you get custom soundtracks. and the soundtrack option is a bit better that the hacked up version on tony3. but not as good as tony2x i hear.
oh and kraft man i feel you on that half pipe shyt, i can barley get to top of the pipe let alone pull tricks. jibby. hehe

amped all the way

wu

anthrax0r
04-26-2002, 03:56 PM
I would go with Amped. Beautiful Game overall, and definitely one of the longer titles out. However you might want to wait for the Transworld Snowboarding Game if you can hold out that long that is :D

Kooster
04-26-2002, 04:02 PM
I like SSX Tricky the best. It has the best graphics. To me it is the funnest, but then again, I don't snowboard.

Dag78
04-26-2002, 05:43 PM
well my fave is by far Amped(hints my username) i thought SSX tricky was pretty dumb when i played it at the Xbox Oddesey and DS is pretty dumb too.

Amped-Trick based sim
SSX Tricky-race based arcade style
Dark Summit-cant be compared to the other 2, different type of snowboarding game

Dag