PDA

View Full Version : sales figures from march

silvertrace
04-26-2002, 12:19 PM
i was reading cnn.com and came across this article:

www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/ptech/04/25/video.games.sales.reut/index.html?related

after reading it i was a little upset that things weren't goin as well as MS had planned, but we all know things will change when MS launches XboxLive..............

it just bothers me that sony is doing so well when xbox is obviously superior....................:(

Ninja Scroll
04-26-2002, 12:24 PM
Thanks for da link little trooper trace, if Ninja's anything, it's about da numbers!;)

Kraft
04-26-2002, 12:30 PM
Wow... every possible XBox title beaten out by Tiger Woods PGA... it is a sad day indeed.

Ninja Scroll
04-26-2002, 12:44 PM
OMG!!:eek: I just now came from reading this depressing article from da link silvertrace hooked us up with.
Man, this is a shot in da heart if I ever seen one.
D@mn Microsoft is not marketing da d@mn Xbox like they should!:mad:
When was da last you all seen a Xbox commercial on TV?:rolleyes:

Here's da top ten for da month of march.
Suck ass too!:(

The top 10 games for the month of March, based on units sold, according to NPDFunworld:

1. "Super Mario Advance 2" (GameBoy Advance)

2. "Grand Theft Auto 3" (PlayStation 2)

3. "Virtua Fighter 4" (PlayStation 2)

4. "Sonic Advance" (GameBoy Advance)

5. "Sonic Adventure 2" (GameCube)

6. "Bond: Agent Under Fire" (GameCube)

7. "Grand Theft Auto 2" (PlayStation)

8. "Motocross Mania" (PlayStation)

9. "Knockout Kings 2002" (PlayStation 2)

10. "Tiger Woods PGA 2002" (PlayStation 2)

DZNUTZ
04-26-2002, 12:50 PM
F da #'s ...straight from the underground......

cmon ya'll rome wasn't built in a day....
not everyone is as smart as us xba's....they will learn
plus..how many civics (or common cars) do u see on the road...does that mean juss cuz theirs more of them out their that their better then a caddie escalade?!?!?
we know the xbox is the best....trust me...others will to eventually...sony and nintendo have been around along time...their household names....like the hienz commercial says...good things come to those who wait. be patient guys..

silvertrace
04-26-2002, 12:54 PM
teach me patience and teach me NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

i just think its retarded that GTA2 on pos1 (not a typo) outsold the big titles that we've all come to love for da box...........

*silvertrace dwiddles his thumbs waiting for the world to catch up to him and his fellow xba-ers :cool:

Afro Aura
04-27-2002, 04:22 AM
Hey don't worry what that chart says, there are 20+million PS2 owners out there so of course there games will be in the charts and as DZNUTZ said Sony and Nintendo have been around for some time, so yeah give it time:D

Ninja Scroll
04-27-2002, 07:45 AM
This will change,..eventually. Just look at what da PS2 has to offer now! Nothing! Sony is milking da hell outta that 4+ month old GTA3 with commercial ads all over da TV tubes still to this day!

Cause they know that's all they will have until what? FFXI?:rolleyes:

Just wait until the hot joints start rolling out on da Xbox, like:
Hunter: The Reckoning
Brute Force
Shenmue II
ect. , but the key is how MS will advertise these titles and any others exclusive Xbox games.
It's all about the TV yo!

Kooster
04-27-2002, 10:13 AM
Think of how long PS2 took to get going. For like a whole year, there were shortages and it had a few good games out (like GT3, SSX.) This is kind of how Xbox is doing, except without the shortages. After this year of wait that the PS2 had, it came out with GTA3, FFX, Devil May Cry, MGS2, etc. Now its huge. Xbox will have its chance, and I'm supposing it will be sometime around or after E3. There are lots of Xbox games coming out that are gonna rock, ex. Project Ego, Brute Force, Star Wars: KOTOR, Soul Caliber 2, Unreal Championship, Gun Metal, etc. XboxLive is coming out, which will rock too. Just wait. :D