PDA

View Full Version : Another developer becomes part of Microsoft's independent developer program.

DZNUTZ
04-26-2002, 12:58 PM
Vision Games joins Microsoft incubation program

Another developer becomes part of Microsoft's independent developer program.

Vision Games has announced that it has become a part of Microsoft's incubation program for the Xbox, which allows independent developers to start Xbox projects without securing contracts with publishers. The company's first game will be Xavier Fox: The Lost City, an action adventure game that puts players in the role of Xavier Fox, who will be accompanied by a parrot named Max. The single-player game will feature a branching storyline, while the multiplayer component will have additional content that players can download via the Xbox Internet connection.
An official release date has yet to be announced.

By Giancarlo Varanini, GameSpot VG [POSTED: 04/24/02]

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2862584,00.html

my take- its good to see plans in motion for downloadable content

Hugh_Jass
04-27-2002, 07:11 AM
So...the game was originally announced exclusive for the XBOX at least eight months ago with a target availability of 6/02. Now, two months before the targeted release date, NOW they announce they are part of the incubation program? Hmmm...

I wonder if this means MS will be the publisher? If not, I don't get it. Maybe there wasn't enough buzz about the game on the boards so they needed some "news".