PDA

View Full Version : More Info On Deathrow!!!!!

DZNUTZ
04-26-2002, 01:16 PM
Deathrow Coming to Xbox 4/26/2002, by Jason
Deathrow, a fast-paced team combat sport designed and developed exclusively for Xbox is a no rules, full-contact aggression sport. The fastest, toughest players are victorious and the slow and weak are defeated. The game combines the lightning-fast gameplay of third-person action games with the cooperative team play and gritty roughness of rugby, offering a unique combat sport experience.

"Deathrow has the perfect combination of aggressive hand-to-hand combat, third person action and cooperative team play to appeal to action, fighting and sports gamers alike," said Anne Blondel, director of third-party development, Europe, at Ubi Soft Entertainment. "This is an incredibly competitive game that will definitely pump up your heart rate as you experience all of the intensity and action it has to offer."

About Deathrow
The object of Deathrow is for you to win matches by whatever means necessary, either by scoring as many points as possible before time runs out, or by severely injuring your opponents and removing them from the field of combat. As the game begins, two teams of four players square off in a combat arena to compete in an intense, unmediated slugfest to determine the champion. As you engage in fierce hand-to-hand combat with highly intelligent AI opponents seeking retribution for not only themselves, but also for their fallen teammates, you'll soon understand the sacrifices necessary to become the supreme team of the league.

Deathrow has a team management component allowing you to customize your own team according to your style of play. You can build your players' statistics from match to match while gaining speed and power bonuses. Injured players can be healed between rounds if you have enough money, or you must save your winnings to buy them back. With more than 130 unique characters, dozens of holds, and over 800 base animations, Deathrow is graphically immersive and intense.

Deathrow also features:

Multiplayer support for up to 8 players

Highly detailed characters, modeled using more than 55 bones each for life-like movement, and up to 7000 polygons each for a realistic character shape.

Facial animation capable of blinking and talking, and expressing pain, anger, happiness and other moods

More than 15 combat sports arena locations, each with their own unique architecture and gameplay elements

13 playable teams, each with their own background, special abilities, and motivation for competing

Automatic victory if you remove all of your opponent's players from the field of combat

Xbox effects such as bump-mapping, specular lighting and bumped reflection mapping

The ability for users to import their own music

Deathrow is scheduled to ship to retail shelves worldwide in Autumn 2002.

http://www.xbox365.com/news/zcomment.cgi?article=EpEAlFAZkZBVaclDUb

this game looks hella sick

GRAVEDIGGER
04-26-2002, 01:28 PM
This game sounds better and better each time i hear about it! I'll most likely get my hands on this game when it his store shelves.
..but i wonder what type of weapons will be in the game(if any at all), because with a name like Deathrow, you know the Digga must have it to dig a slew of graves:mad:

Thanx for the headz-up DZNUTZ

Untill next time...:mad:

DZNUTZ
04-26-2002, 01:40 PM
np gravedigger.....i to am stoked..for this seems to be my type of game.

glad u liked the info...ya know on a related note..a couple of folks have metioned that i sometimes tend to "flood" this forum. listen ya'll i'm just trying to provide new info (things i haven't seen on these boards) to my fellow xba members. i'm not dionne mufucan warrick so i don't know what which member is interested in what.

so i'm glad to hear someone appreciates some of my posts...its not like i copy and paste for fun.

my suggestion..if ya don't like the thread ..don't respond...and it will be pushed back/down to "hardly ever viewed heaven" and the good/wanted threads will remain at top due to member interaction.;)

Wu3000
04-26-2002, 02:39 PM
i like the posts you put up. i dont even go to other sites as much i just hang in here and read all the stuff you and everyone puts up.
your appreciated by some.

DZNUTZ
04-26-2002, 03:42 PM
thanx wu...good to hear