PDA

View Full Version : Jurassic Park Goes Xbox

DZNUTZ
04-26-2002, 01:45 PM
Jurassic Park Goes Xbox
By Press Release
04.26.2002 @ 10:42 AM

Universal Interactive, Inc., a studio of Vivendi Universal Publishing, has commissioned Australian game developer Blue Tongue Software to create interactive entertainment under the blockbuster Jurassic Park license.

Due for release in fourth quarter 2002, the currently untitled Jurassic Park game will be the first game to combine the world-builder and mission-based game categories and deliver them on multiple platforms -- PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox(TM) video game system from Microsoft and the PC. The Jurassic Park game will be co-published by Konami Corporation in Japan.

At a special preview of the game in Melbourne today, launched by Victoria's Minister for Information and Communication Technology, Marsha Thomson, audiences were treated to the action-packed gameplay and premium animation of the forthcoming title.

"Universal Interactive is extremely pleased with the way Blue Tongue's next-generation AI and animation engine is bringing realistic dinosaur behaviour to life," said Jim Wilson, president of Universal Interactive. "The company's instantaneous terrain-mapping technology will make it possible for Jurassic Park fans to do what they have always dreamed of-build their very own dinosaur theme park."

The collaborative project demonstrates Universal Interactive's commitment to adding value to world-renowned entertainment properties by growing them in the interactive gaming arena. Blue Tongue Software has significantly grown its local studio as a result of this relationship.

"The international recognition for our technical expertise and design capabilities by Universal Interactive has been a huge boost to our team and our business," said Andrew Heath, co-founder of Blue Tongue Software. "We expect to create an additional 25 jobs in the industry over the next 18 months as a result of our success."

Other local companies have benefited from the relationship between Universal Interactive and Blue Tongue Software. The game's music has been composed by Blue Tongue's in-house sound expert and is being recorded by the Melbourne Symphony. Local 3D graphics and animation house Act III developed the game's opening cinematic and in-game sequences using dinosaur models developed by Blue Tongue Software.

The innovative new game features lush 3D jungle environments and incredibly detailed dinosaur models to deliver the excitement of the Jurassic Park movies to powerful next-generation platforms. The game allows players to fulfill Dr. John Hammond's dream by designing and managing their very own Jurassic Park. Players can create the most amazing dinosaur theme park the world has ever seen, or battle their way through 12 intense missions ranging from halting a rampaging dino and rescuing stranded park visitors to piloting a chopper.

Both "Jurassic Park" and "The Lost World: Jurassic Park," from Amblin Entertainment and Universal Pictures, are among the highest grossing films of all time. The Jurassic Park franchise has already enjoyed more than $250 million in promotional support and $2.5 billion in worldwide consumer product sales, establishing Jurassic Park as the "premier" and "leading" dinosaur brand the world over.
http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=2948

i could care less about this game...in fact..i could care less about any of the previous game or movies...maybe some of ya'll might dig this stuff tho...

GRAVEDIGGER
04-26-2002, 09:33 PM
Well this is one XBOX title that i dont see myself getting, because every Jarrasic park game to date has been a failure, and i'm saying that from experience.

Untill next time...:mad:

Peter1979
04-27-2002, 04:22 AM
thx for the info but Jurassic Park is boooring :D

bye

GokuX
04-27-2002, 07:37 AM
The Jurassic Park franchise is cursed. If I were a developer I wouldn't touch it. It can only lead to pain and suffering. Might as well open a pharaoh's sacred tomb while you're at it.

Hugh_Jass
04-27-2002, 07:46 AM
They must be starving for press. They announced this game back in February. They are RE-ANNOUNCING it in April? C'mon, Universal! Where is the REAL news?

Afro Aura
04-27-2002, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by GokuX
The Jurassic Park franchise is cursed. If I were a developer I wouldn't touch it. It can only lead to pain and suffering. Might as well open a pharaoh's sacred tomb while you're at it.
LOL!!!
but then so were the Superman games, I've seen the new Superman on the US OXM disk and I looks pretty cool, so who knows?:D