PDA

View Full Version : Azurik opinions needed

dave_m123
04-26-2002, 05:03 PM
Considering getting this game along with Oddworld as my 2 free games. Mainly thinking of getting this as it looks like the best from the rest. Got Halo and Rallisport, would get PGR but dont want to many racing games as im not a huge racing game fan and the rest of the games are pretty bad (with the exception of oddworld).

Anyway i've heard that Azuriky got pretty bad reviews from websites yet i've heard a lot of people speak highly of it on forums so not sure wether or not i should buy it lol. So what do you guys think about it.

Thanks

Dar
04-26-2002, 05:44 PM
Azurik is a good game. It is very involved and requires problem solving. It is not nonstop action. There will be times when you have no one to fight. I recommend it. The reviewers who trashed it only played for 20 minutes and didn't even get into the game.

VenoM
04-26-2002, 06:15 PM
:eek: whatever you do....please stay away from this game....im serious,dont waste your money...you would regret it big time :eek: ....only people that like kabuki warriors would like this game

AcidJazz
04-26-2002, 06:44 PM
The game is actually pretty good.
Some people just don't give it a chance.
If you like long (50-60 hours) exploring games it's a must buy.

P.S. hmmm...i don't like Kabuki Warriors...:D

Dar
04-26-2002, 07:13 PM
Can't say I've ever played Kabuki Warriors, much less bought it.:confused:

GRAVEDIGGER
04-26-2002, 09:52 PM
Well sorry to let you know this, but its better to hear it from the XBA members than anywhere else. AZURIK SUKS!!, As Venom said, dont waste your money on it, get JSRF, Gunvalkyrie or even Friggin Max Payne before you get Azurik, believe me its not worth getting even for free.

Untill next time...:mad:

Frostberg
04-26-2002, 10:08 PM
If you have enough patience, you can overlook bad parts of games...you just have to be interested and be willing for a lengthy experience...

Bundy
04-27-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by GRAVEDIGGER
Well sorry to let you know this, but its better to hear it from the XBA members than anywhere else. AZURIK SUKS!!, As Venom said, dont waste your money on it, get JSRF, Gunvalkyrie or even Friggin Max Payne before you get Azurik, believe me its not worth getting even for free.

Untill next time...:mad:

Gravediger you couldn't be more wrong. I just finished up Azurik last week. It is an awesome game. JSRF sucks.

X-Factor
04-27-2002, 01:18 AM
I dig games based on elemental powers like Nightcaster, but Azurik just couldn't bring all of the action adventure elements together that it needed to. The story is good enough, the gameplay mechanic of utilizing the right combo of elemental powers is definitely good enough, but the camera control isn't tight enough. The levels aren't solid enough to compel anyone, but the most dedicated Azurik fan to stay involved in this game.

The noble blue guy just didn't cut it for me...

-The X-Factor Smack :cool:

Hugh_Jass
04-27-2002, 07:40 AM
Azurik has a cult following. It captivated me. I finished the game and it was one of my most treasured XBOX experiences.

Laxeph
04-27-2002, 07:44 AM
I haven't ever played Azurik. It got horrible reviews from sites, but you cannot always trust sites. I would personally get JSRF. I have that game and I love it. I would maybe get Bond too. I think thats a good game.

Frostberg
04-27-2002, 08:13 AM
lol its good that you with that huge JSRF logo as your siggy recommended the game...

slowmotionriot
04-27-2002, 08:14 AM
point is, he gets them for free from microsoft. there are 10 games on the list and i have the same problem. i already have the rest of the games, so i get azurik. no money wasted. if there was gun valkyrie on that list i wouldnt get azurik.

dave_m123
04-28-2002, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by slowmotionriot
point is, he gets them for free from microsoft. there are 10 games on the list and i have the same problem. i already have the rest of the games, so i get azurik. no money wasted. if there was gun valkyrie on that list i wouldnt get azurik.

Yeah thats the big problem not many 3rd party games on such as JSRF or GunValkyrie which i would have got if they were on.

Just going through whats listed

Halo - Already have
Project Gotham Racing - Dont want another driving game as im not a big fan and want some variation in my games
Oddworld : Munch's Oddysee - This is one im definently getting
Bloodwake : Played the demo and apart from nice graphics the gameplay sucked.
NBA Inside Drive 2002 : While it may not be a bad game i have absolutly no interest in Basketball or games based on it.
Rallisport Challenge - Already Have
Amped : Again like the basketball game it just doesent appeal to me
Dead or Alive 3 - Rented and wasent very impressed with the gameplay but had very nice graphics lol.
Fuzion Frenzy - I think this would only be worth a rent when you have plenty of people around.
Azurik - While it sounds cool and a big game meaning lots of gameplay some of the bad reviews are putting me of getting it.

Rancey
04-28-2002, 04:37 AM
I will probably get Azurik as I have to either get it or Nightcaster for my 2nd choice at this stage (already have all other 1st party games except Oddworld which I will get).

btw X-Factor, I read the review you got that from ;)

dave_m123
04-28-2002, 10:54 AM
Nightcastr doesent seem to be on the UK List.

MOlsen
04-28-2002, 01:51 PM
Almost everybody I know said they hated it, and that's what I say in public too. But, once I actually played the game, I found it to be quite enjoyable. And it is fun, but in a very different way from say Halo or DOA3. I dunno how to predict if you will like it or not though ...

dave_m123
04-29-2002, 03:51 AM
Well i've decided to risk it and get this game. In the slim chance i dont like it i can just sell it :)

zfBRAT
05-05-2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by dave_m123
Considering getting this game along with Oddworld as my 2 free games. Mainly thinking of getting this as it looks like the best from the rest. Got Halo and Rallisport, would get PGR but dont want to many racing games as im not a huge racing game fan and the rest of the games are pretty bad (with the exception of oddworld).

Anyway i've heard that Azuriky got pretty bad reviews from websites yet i've heard a lot of people speak highly of it on forums so not sure wether or not i should buy it lol. So what do you guys think about it.

Thanks

I don't think it's bad for free. I bought it and played it for a few hours. It has great cheats, but I wouldn't say you need them. I don't play it now, however. Too bad you can't get Spiderman or Max Payne for free :)

zfBRAT
05-06-2002, 04:05 AM

Thanks
Project Gotham Racing is cool, if you wanna win with skills. However, if you wanna just fumble through at high speeds, buy something else...

zfBRAT
05-06-2002, 04:11 AM
Nightcastr doesent seem to be on the UK List.
Don't fret, UK :) I don't think you're missing much. I love rpg's bigtime, but this is one I had to pass up...