PDA

View Full Version : Do you have to play Silent Hill 1 to understand Silent Hill 2?

Dar
04-26-2002, 06:16 PM
Well, do ya?;)

xtr0n187
04-27-2002, 04:06 AM
No you dont have to play one to really get into or understand 2. I will however say try renting this title first.

I really think it could be up for the award of worst in-game graphics (the cut scenes are nice though) for any title on the xbox, and one of the worst ports to come over. This is strictly my opinion of the game however, and it shouldnt influence your fun with this title.

But to answer your question yet again....No you dont need to play Silent Hill 1 to get into it on this one.

AcidJazz
04-27-2002, 06:40 AM
i think the only thing that SH1 has in common with SH2 is the town where both games take place.
SH2 is a good game, keep in mind that it gets MUCH better after you pass Hospital.

Halo Evolved
04-27-2002, 12:22 PM
I happen to like Silent Hill 2, the implementing of the grainy filter gave it that classic horror movie appearance, and the multiple endings add to the replay value.

pounder
04-28-2002, 04:36 AM
SH 2 is one of the best games ive played so far..SH1 wasnt the same plot..but still good

Tkf5000
04-28-2002, 12:38 PM
no you dont it gets you right into the storyline u will know what happened in the first even if u never played it. Its a good game, xbox has extra features and an extra storyline with the girl. The game has a ton of replay value there is a ton of endings, codes,and new weapons like a chainsaw