PDA

View Full Version : Huge Release Date News On Ghost Recon!!!

mrmp3
04-27-2002, 03:23 PM
I'm sorry if someone posted about this, but I just got done talking with customer service. As most of you know, Tom Clancy's: Ghost Recon recently got announced to be one of the first XboxLive titles. Well I wondered, will it be delayed until October? Here's my convo with Eljay:

Question: It was recently announced that Tom Clancy's: Ghost Recon was to be one of the first official XboxLive titles. EBGames.com still has it listed coming out on 5/20. Will the title be delayed until October when XboxLive launches or is it still coming out on 5/20? By the way, I can't type anything. None of the reps see what I write so I had to cram it all in the question.

( mrmp3 has joined )
( Eljay has joined )
Eljay: Hello and welcome to Xbox interactive online chat support! My name is Eljay.
Eljay: The game should come out the time it's announced for but you will not be able to play it live online till XboxLive launches.

So it looks like it won't matter if Brute Force is system link or not (although more system link games the merrier) cause Ghost Recon looks like the solution. The DC version of Rogue Spear had a 4 player deathmatch so i don't think it'll be one guy per screen but rather 4 per screen. Most of you prob don't care much about this title, but I am a huuuuuuge Rainbox Six fan and I've been waiting for another 16 way system link title. I hope this is it. Signing off...

fanofslipknotib
04-27-2002, 08:26 PM
Hmm, I think it would be awsome if this game came out in May. This loks to be a pretty damn good game, and I will ertainly be picking up a copy for myself, unless it turns out to be crappy for some reason. We shall see.

EHWfedPres
04-27-2002, 08:29 PM
direct from EBworld.com...

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon XB
(Pre-Order, Ships On 05/19/2002)
Price: $49.99
Category: XBox
ESRB Rating: Rating Pending

So yes, it does come out on the 20th of May. I cant wait actually. Unless its not online by then, in that case, I can wait, because ill be playing MORROWIND

jimmy_page
04-28-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
direct from EBworld.com...

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon XB
(Pre-Order, Ships On 05/19/2002)
Price: $49.99
Category: XBox
ESRB Rating: Rating Pending

So yes, it does come out on the 20th of May. I cant wait actually. Unless its not online by then, in that case, I can wait, because ill be playing MORROWIND

yes, since eb says it ships on 5/19 it will definitely be out by then. they never change their release dates :)
but seriously...i'm looking forward to this one

GRAVEDIGGER
04-28-2002, 10:24 AM
Well either way, i'm gonna get this game, and when XBOX Live Launches its gonna be off the chain.

Untill next time...:mad:

No Fear 23
04-28-2002, 05:13 PM
there was no realease dates for may in oxm june issue, so i doubt that it wont be hitting the shelves on may 20th, but i hope im wrong

mrmp3
04-28-2002, 08:05 PM
yes, since eb says it ships on 5/19 it will definitely be out by then. they never change their release dates :) but seriously...i'm looking forward to this one

LOL! Yeah EB's release dates are 100% set-in-stone! :) But the guy at Customer Service seems to know what he's talking about. I mean THPS3 is online compatible but Sony isn't even close to being ready to launch. Maybe at E3 Microsoft will launch XboxLive and Brute Force and Ghost Recon will be the only titles until the Sega Sports titles to have online. :D None the less Ghost Recon will have an awesome 1 player and hopefully a good multiplayer and System Link. Who knows, maybe they'll follow the trend of Brute Force and Hunter: The Reckoning and have 4 player co-op. Signing off...

Bundy
04-28-2002, 08:13 PM
man that will rock but suck at the same time if it comes out on 5.20. I love the tom clancy games, but i have morrowind and hunter all ready preordered. It will def be a game i get before xbox live, but maybe not the day it launchs. Either way this game will rock.

DZNUTZ
04-29-2002, 01:12 PM
hate ta be the bearer of bad newz...but i don't know where u heard that brute force was gonna be online....the new OXM cleary states that there will be NO online feature and NO system link feature:( ....i still think the game is gonna be the chit though

Duke
04-29-2002, 01:16 PM
That's how I read it, looks good anyway. Am really looking forward to the WWII games over this though.

Personally enjoy shooting people to aliens. But in the long run it doesn't really matter.