PDA

View Full Version : XBOX ONLINE+safe

Warthog
04-28-2002, 04:07 PM
I hear a lot of people say they play xbox online at Game spy and another place but if you really think about it your XBOX is open on the web to viruses. Do they have any virus protection and how much $$ does it cost and is it LAG golore or is it clear.

Laxeph
04-28-2002, 05:46 PM
To play Xbox online via gamespy is free. I don't know about viruses, I nnever really thought about that but you bring up a good point. There is some lag. Although I have never played this is what I hear. I got a few questions, too. Could I play with other people on my Xbox online? And, how many people are in each online game? Thanx.

chili325
04-28-2002, 05:51 PM
Because the files are downloaded through your computer and not ur xbox, ur xbox cannot get a virus. The computer however is open to viruses even though gamespy checks all of their files.

Xtopia
04-28-2002, 07:38 PM
Here are some answers:

1.) When playing online, it be lag galore or lag free. If you find a good host, there is little lag. And if you host, there is no lag for yourself, but others in the game can lag. This is why there is a HUGE host advantage.

2.) Up to 16 people can be playing.

3.) You can play with 1, 2, 3, or 4 people on you'r XBox.

Hope that helps. Oh, and by the way, don't play at Gamespy...play online with XBConnect. Go to www.xbconnect.com to download the software.:)

Azazel
04-29-2002, 12:45 AM
What the hell are you talking about? How do you get a virus from playing on Gamespy? Did I miss something.