PDA

View Full Version : 7,000 Addicts!

Durden-XBA
04-28-2002, 05:21 PM
Unless someone's already posted this, I'd like to be the first to congradulate XBA on 7,000 members! Stephen, keep up the fantastic work, this website truly is the Home for All Our Xbox Needs! Looking forward to 3,000 more!

Hey everyone, add your props here to let the big guy know how much we appreciate all of his hard work!

XBOX Dude
04-28-2002, 05:24 PM
yeah congrats xba i remeber back in the day when it was under 2000

Steve1987
04-28-2002, 05:36 PM
I'm new to this forum, but i can say that it's the best forum i've been to. When you ask a question here you get good replies instead of ps2 or gc fanboys slagging off the Xbox.
Keep up the good work! :)

E-Xbox
04-28-2002, 05:38 PM
umm....
http://home.attbi.com/~lynxfx/offtopicexboxflag.gif http://home.attbi.com/~lynxfx/offtopicexboxflag.gif http://home.attbi.com/~lynxfx/offtopicexboxflag.gif http://home.attbi.com/~lynxfx/offtopicexboxflag.gif http://home.attbi.com/~lynxfx/offtopicexboxflag.gif http://home.attbi.com/~lynxfx/offtopicexboxflag.gif http://home.attbi.com/~lynxfx/offtopicexboxflag.gif http://home.attbi.com/~lynxfx/offtopicexboxflag.gif http://home.attbi.com/~lynxfx/offtopicexboxflag.gif

plus this has been posted before.....
by me ...
in the OFF-TOPIC forum...where it should be.....

peace

chili325
04-28-2002, 05:49 PM
congrats xba!

Durden-XBA
04-28-2002, 05:49 PM
"Chat or vent about something other than the XBOX or video games in general." (Definition of the Off-Topic Forum).

To me, this is very much on the topic of XBox, and I think that this is the forum where most people would come across this. Either way though, I'm proud of this site and of all of its members...

And I'll sing XBA's praises wherever I get the chance. Keep chiming in kids! Let's let XBA know how we really feel!

Laxeph
04-28-2002, 05:52 PM
Dude, E-Xbox is right. This isn't relevant to Xbox at all. You are congratulating a guy on his website. Just because it is an Xbox site, doesn't mean it should be in general discussion. I don't really care I'm just agreeing with E-Xbox. By the way, this is a great site. Keep up the great work.

Durden-XBA
04-28-2002, 05:57 PM
Can we please keep this thread to props?

...maybe not argue on every thread?

Keep the acknowlegements rollin' folks!

GokuX
04-29-2002, 06:03 AM
Keep it up XBA. Woot.

JJaX
04-29-2002, 09:04 AM
Congrats to the entire XBA Staff!

I dont get why people act like they got a leech stuck to there anus when somethings a bit Off topic. The Mods will sort it out if necessary. I think people |3itchen about things that should be OT are just lame, especially a thread dedticated to the site they consider home. We all know that threads posted in general discussion will get more hits then over at OT.

AcK , never mind................

Brevity
04-29-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Durden
Unless someone's already posted this, I'd like to be the first to congradulate XBA on 7,000 members! Stephen, keep up the fantastic work, this website truly is the Home for All Our Xbox Needs! Looking forward to 3,000 more!

Hey everyone, add your props here to let the big guy know how much we appreciate all of his hard work!
First dude Fight club is my favorit movie. I love quotes from there. And ya wow 700 or so hu thats like alot I think. hehe

LINKINPARK8591
04-29-2002, 09:21 AM
yeah good job you know everything people are saying about respondses is true and i'm glad i'm part of this site........laterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz fellow addicts:cool: :eek:

AlBoogy
04-29-2002, 09:42 AM
Congrats XBA. I remember back in the day when it was only at a little over 1,000 members. It was good then and still good now. Congrats.

BTW, if the mods feel like this should be in off topic then they will move it. No need to spend more time arguing about it then needed.

Ninja Scroll
04-29-2002, 11:03 AM
First off stop the argueing about where this thread should be.:rolleyes:

Secondly, Congrates XBA!!:) Ninja loves ya!;)

l Maximus l
04-29-2002, 04:13 PM
Congrats to XBA! If any site deserves the recognition, it's this one :)

Stephen...keep up the good work...I'm debating whether or not to name my first child Stephen :D Stephen if it's a boy, and Jeremy if it's a girl ;) hehe...okay, I'm kidding...but, keep up the great work!!!

Whisper
04-29-2002, 06:01 PM
i wonder if anything is being planned for the 10'000 member, maybe a prize or something... can't wait for that number... 10'000 ... what a milestone

fear_this
04-29-2002, 06:51 PM
Yes, 7,000 members. It's a good thing... or is? Ever since XBA recieved that fast growing member count... To me... XBA has slowly... lost what it used to have. It just happened so fast. All of them... so fast. They over crowded the site.. and then made it boring for some of the deep true members. Sorry if this offends any true XBA member, its not intended to... just stating what i think.

Liquid Gears
04-29-2002, 09:33 PM
Whoever created Xboxaddict.com is a GOD.

E-Xbox
04-29-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Whoever created Xboxaddict.com is a GOD.
that would be Stephen-XBA

peace

Nato King
04-30-2002, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by E-Xbox

peace

The Great Stephen-XBA.:)

Durden-XBA
04-30-2002, 08:38 AM
E-Box! j/k

Anyways... Fear_This, we registered right around the same time, and I kinda get what you're saying, but at the same time, of the 7,000+ members around, how many are truly active on a regular basis? I've enjoyed this site so much from day one, that I don't even let the obligatory 12 daily new GTA3 threads get to me... Now that's dedication!

*Raises Mug* Here's to the next 7,000 members, and all the GTA3 threads this board can handle! :D

Kraft
04-30-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by fear_this
Yes, 7,000 members. It's a good thing... or is? Ever since XBA recieved that fast growing member count... To me... XBA has slowly... lost what it used to have. It just happened so fast. All of them... so fast. They over crowded the site.. and then made it boring for some of the deep true members. Sorry if this offends any true XBA member, its not intended to... just stating what i think.

Yes, but if all those people hadn't have joined, then I wouldn't be here. Just the thought of that alone is enough to bring a tear to my eye... lol.

Ninja Scroll
04-30-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by fear_this

D@mn fear_this,.. and all I thought you did was post a bunch of nothing all the time bro.
well you obviously know what da hell your talkin about cause I agree with ya 100% junior!

Back in da months of November-Febuary was the best times I have ever had here, no dizzzoubt about it.
But it was when the contest begun that all the thousands of new members came in and flooded da gates wide open,
Though it has simmered down it's starting to get back to da basics.
Im shocked someone else noticed this accurance.

I remember PM'ing waxy & F'N Show about this back in da day.
Man, .,.. this bring s back memories. Like when a couple newbies tried to flame da XBA hero-Ninja Jubei!:rolleyes:
Well they soon learned they where in a battle they were'nt reaqdy foe, jjax.. you remember dat yo? Those newbie kids!:rolleyes:
But seeing all da vets dat stuck around in nice to see who da real dawgs ae in da XBA. Naw mean kids!:cool:

DZNUTZ
04-30-2002, 01:53 PM
i luv this site, prouf to be a member (wish i would of joined sooner) and just wanna give thanx to those who made/maintain this kick ash site and to all the great members that keep me comming back! CHEERS!

E-Xbox
04-30-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Durden
E-Box! j/k

Anyways... Fear_This, we registered right around the same time, and I kinda get what you're saying, but at the same time, of the 7,000+ members around, how many are truly active on a regular basis? I've enjoyed this site so much from day one, that I don't even let the obligatory 12 daily new GTA3 threads get to me... Now that's dedication!

*Raises Mug* Here's to the next 7,000 members, and all the GTA3 threads this board can handle! :D
who the F*** is E-box?

peace

JADE8704
04-30-2002, 10:29 PM
man...7000 members and growing...awesome blossom xba..keep up the great work! :D

KevinM
04-30-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox

peace

That would actually be *ahem* :

Founders of Xbox Addict
Kevin - Graphic Design/Layout Design/News/Content Design/Site Conception
Chris - News/Content Design
Stephen - Content Design/ PhP programmer/Site Conception
Tom - Content Design/PR/News
Ben - News/Content Design
Gerald - Server Admin/PHP

These six people listed above are the founding fathers of Xbox Addict.com. Not just Stephen. I personally wanted to clear this up for those of you who are new to XBA and for those who just didn't know.

The five of us started this site with intentions of being one of the biggest Xbox sites out there. Unfortunately we went through an extremely tough first year that saw us jumping from server to server, trying to make money to pay for bandwidth, feuding with other websites, and getting nothing in return. The cost of overinflated bandwidth plus a rather unprofessional email from a staff member (not naming names.. you know who you are *****!) caused all of us to abandon XBA and find other venues. Stephen and Gerald stuck it out and prospered with new staff and thanks to Kams' (Stephen) wonderful use of internet phone technology he was able to get this site a few pennies to pay bandwidth. After a stint over at PlanetXbox, myself and Chris are now back with XBA and proud to be here amongst great gamers such as yourselves.

7,000 members and growing... all from scratch. Not a single member has been bought or paid for, for that I am proud to be an Xbox Addict. Booya! :D

Durden-XBA
05-01-2002, 12:49 AM
Jeez... Sorry this thread got so popular, you're obviously pretty bitter over it... and if you didn't know who I was talking about, why did you respond?

You may be surprised when you find that you're disrespecting people, when you have no idea about their actual role on these forums.

Either way though, Keep the props coming folks!

Ninja Scroll
05-01-2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Kevin-XBA

That would actually be *ahem* :

Founders of Xbox Addict
Kevin - Graphic Design/Layout Design/News/Content Design/Site Conception
Chris - News/Content Design
Stephen - Content Design/ PhP programmer/Site Conception
Tom - Content Design/PR/News
Ben - News/Content Design
Gerald - Server Admin/PHP

These six people listed above are the founding fathers of Xbox Addict.com. Not just Stephen. I personally wanted to clear this up for those of you who are new to XBA and for those who just didn't know.

The five of us started this site with intentions of being one of the biggest Xbox sites out there. Unfortunately we went through an extremely tough first year that saw us jumping from server to server, trying to make money to pay for bandwidth, feuding with other websites, and getting nothing in return. The cost of overinflated bandwidth plus a rather unprofessional email from a staff member (not naming names.. you know who you are *****!) caused all of us to abandon XBA and find other venues. Stephen and Gerald stuck it out and prospered with new staff and thanks to Kams' (Stephen) wonderful use of internet phone technology he was able to get this site a few pennies to pay bandwidth. After a stint over at PlanetXbox, myself and Chris are now back with XBA and proud to be here amongst great gamers such as yourselves.

7,000 members and growing... all from scratch. Not a single member has been bought or paid for, for that I am proud to be an Xbox Addict. Booya! :D

Thanks for the educational incite Kevin-XBA.
You sure cleared alot of issues I needed to know.

You know, if you post more, as well as the other "creators" of the website you would get more recognition. You know what I mean?

I personally felt it was all Stephan & Jeremy,.. and a few other staff members to help them out.
Thanks again for clearing this up. If I was a co-founder of the site I would want to be recognized myself.

Thanks Kevin for all your contributions to the site! :)

JJaX
05-01-2002, 09:10 AM
Ive been flamed, Ive been praised. People like me, some people hate me (ill get you whores ;) )

People that ive argued with in the past i consider XBA buds now.
Ive seen people come, Ive seen people go. Ive seen Noobs and Sigs evolve.

Ive seen friendships made, ive seen rivalry created.

Ive seen it all.

I love Xba.

*JJaX Wipes tear from eye

As a gesture of my love for XBA, Im going to let one rip...........

Damn Wendys!! Those Bacon Cheese Burgers well getcha!

Kraft
05-01-2002, 09:18 AM
I've seen drunken squirrels, and damn, they make me laugh!

Ninja Scroll
05-01-2002, 11:35 AM
I've seen beer drinking alkies, hoe's, pimps, playa's! (like me!:o ), wannabes, sack swingers, and straight up O.G.!

Ahhhhhhhhh, da life of a XBA member!... Priceless! :)

Ninja Scroll
05-01-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
People that ive argued with in the past i consider XBA buds now.

LOL, are you refering to your Role Model Icon- Ninja Jubei, jjax?:D

Remember we had dat beef a couple months ago? Hehehe, it took waximus to bring da peace.:cool:

JJaX
05-01-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

LOL, are you refering to your Role Model Icon- Ninja Jubei, jjax?:D

Remember we had dat beef a couple months ago? Hehehe, it took waximus to bring da peace.:cool:

You and a lot of others. But yes i recall out beef. It only lasted a few post though. Its All gravy. NAW I MEAN!

Ninja Scroll
05-01-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

You and a lot of others. But yes i recall out beef. It only lasted a few post though. Its All gravy. NAW I MEAN!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,... graaaaaaaaaaavvvy:p :p :p

Yeah, I naw you mean...wait..., does dat make any sense?!!:confused:

RealityCheck
05-01-2002, 05:25 PM
Congrads you guys, enjoy everything I see about this site. Even been brave enough to trade on here and it was great what else can I expect from you guys. Thanks a million...

DZNUTZ
05-01-2002, 05:26 PM
btw realitycheck....great to have ya aboard:)

GokuX
05-01-2002, 06:46 PM
I've still not won anything. Thanks for nothing hehe.