PDA

View Full Version : GTA 3, speculations?

Metal_Militia
04-28-2002, 06:39 PM
Hey all, first post :cool:

Anyways, I've heard a lot of things about GTA 3 coming to the Xbox, but I am pretty sure it will get here. What have you all heard? And, hopefully music ripping will be in it. Imagine cruising along to some NWA lol.

Laxeph
04-28-2002, 06:43 PM
PLEASE PEOPLE STOP POSTING ABOUT GTA3!!!!

This is basically all that is know:

Action packed, Shut the hell up, in your face game. This gangster thug game is predicted to be one of Xbox's top selling game of the year.

Scottish developer DMA - famous for its wild, lighthearted, and gratuitously violent Grand Theft Auto series - is at it again. GTA's next installment, set to appear on the Xbox, will expand on all the madness we've come to associate with the series and turn it up a notch.

The upcoming sequel's most notable alteration to the GTA formula is that it's in full 3D. Historically, the Grand Theft Auto games are played through a top-down perspective, with every element in the game rendered as a hand-drawn 2D sprite. In a bold move, the first two Grand Theft Auto games puts you in the shoes of a vicious, albeit novice, criminal. Traditionally, your missions center on the gangs inhabiting the city - Each one always has jobs for you to perform, and your prosperity as a criminal depends on your ability to manipulate each gang. Ice a few members of one gang, and you'll gain its rival's favor. But if you roll through the former gang's neighborhood while its love for you is low, expect a good jacking.

GTA3, naturally, takes all the series' elements and applies them to a 3D game that's fully populated by not only potential victims and cops, but also by innocent bystanders and pedestrians. The game will be a sort of combination driving/shooting/adventure game, set in the place named Liberty City. Liberty City is an ingeniously designed place that's split into three distinct areas - industrial, downtown, and suburban. The city runs on a real-time schedule, which governs the habits of its inhabitants and their vehicles. Gangsters, thugs, and their sleazy rides, for instance, will populate the downtown area at night, while a quiet afternoon in the suburbs will be populated by school buses, ice cream trucks, solid citizens, and such. Each of the city's districts is connected by bridges, which open up after certain missions have been completed. Liberty City also enjoys a fully functional public transit system, which you'll often have to use.

Citizens - both pedestrian and motorized - will interact amongst each other, and they will react logically to your actions. Shoot a rocket at a school bus, for instance, and onlookers will flee, scream, and call cops. Attempt to carjack a tough cabby, and he'll likely put up a fight. DMA knows that a dynamic, realistic AI model will greatly help GTA3's cause, and it seems bent on perfecting just that. Adding to the level of realism will be a complex, detailed weather system, which will dynamically render atmospheric conditions. Elements such as rain and fog will affect your ability to drive effectively, and various vehicles will react individually to different conditions.

GTA3's gameplay model will essentially be identical to what's come before. As a neophyte hustler, you must strategically align yourself with Liberty City's gangs and do jobs for them. Jobs range anywhere from running dope and taking out rivals to sabotage and kidnapping. GTA games are traditionally open-ended, and GTA3 will be no different. While you can take on jobs at any time, players of previous GTA games can attest to the fun of driving around and causing a row for the simple fun of it. Few games are conducive to this type of "pick up and play" accessibility, and DMA surely realizes this. Every car in the game can be jacked - 45 in all - and if the previous installments in the series are any indication, players will be encouraged to scour the city streets in search of the right car on which to direct their aberrant excursions. Tons of weapons will be at your disposal, including rocket launchers, all manner of firearms, baseball bats, and Molotov ****tails. All of the weapons have yet to be revealed, but we're quite certain that the final list will be impressive indeed. Some weapons will switch into a first-person perspective when they're activated, but for the most part, all combat occurs in third-person.

GTA3 is one of Rockstar Games' more anticipated titles and seems like one of the few truly "next generation" sequels on the horizon, easily deserving a place among the best of what the larger publishers are pushing this year. The game is stated for release in September.

Unlike the PS2 this game will have better audio, graphics, ect.This is truly an all time favorite. It is for sure a gangster thug send the children to bed game.

--Billy Hukill

Taken From
http://www.xbox2k.com/preview.php?id=6

Laxeph
04-28-2002, 07:02 PM
Agreed.

Metal_Militia
04-28-2002, 07:12 PM
Jeeze people, sorry lol. Didn't see any GTA 3 stuff on the 1st forum page.

faceoff508
04-28-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Metal_Militia

Thats okay but a lot of these threads have been made!

manchufu
04-28-2002, 07:37 PM
I don't quite understand why people get so angry at GTA 3 threds, if you don't want to read it, DON'T CLICK ON IT, it's seriously that simple, i've been here since december, so i have seen the gta thred extraveganza, but you know, it's so much simpler to not click on it if it does'nt interest you, rather then...not only going somewhere you don't want to be (the hated thred) but even typeing a post as pointless as "STOP MAKING GTA 3 THREDS!" they aren't going to stop, people are curious, i'm tired of seeing people put in stupid posts in threds i'm interested in, just simple because they are sick of it.
From what i know, gta 3 is supposed to be out on xbox sometime, and it will kick a$$

EHWfedPres
04-28-2002, 08:34 PM
Now you people know how I feel about people saying a game is coming out on the shipping date. Every time someone screws up like that again, im going to post a GTA3 thread.

Calve
04-28-2002, 08:39 PM
Motoka thats the sickest sig ive seen around here:D!!!! Man that Maximus guy stole it!!! Good thing you copyrighted it!!! PROPS FOR THE ARTWORK:D!!!!

Peace

PS HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

E-Xbox
04-28-2002, 08:43 PM
another gta 3 thread!
god ******!!!
juss go to the search thing ...search gta or gta 3 or grand theft auto or wateva...
there is like ova 300 threads juss on it!

peace

P.S. welcome to xba!

gula
04-28-2002, 08:51 PM

You could of went to Search and typed in the keyword section "GTA3" and you could of saw the rest of the 241,531,546,432 posts about GTA3.

EHWfedPres
04-28-2002, 09:04 PM
I'd rather see 1289389089018209830-0-01098182769782.1287981 GTA3 threads DAILY rather than people saying a game comes out on the shipping date only once. That really p|sses me off.

y2kash_14
04-29-2002, 01:37 AM

Beleive me, they are there

Dre
04-29-2002, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I'd rather see 1289389089018209830-0-01098182769782.1287981 GTA3 threads DAILY rather than people saying a game comes out on the shipping date only once. That really p|sses me off.

ummmm... okkkkaay?

Crazy Joe
04-29-2002, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

well, don't get so ****ed off about it, it's them that are going to look quite the fool when they go to the store and try to buy it. besides, it's not that hard of a mistake to make, try to be patient with people.

GokuX
04-29-2002, 06:31 AM
Welcome Metal_Militia. Don't let the flaming get you down, it happens to all GTA3 posters. It's nothing personal against you.

JJaX
04-29-2002, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by manchufu
I don't quite understand why people get so angry at GTA 3 threds, if you don't want to read it, DON'T CLICK ON IT, it's seriously that simple, i've been here since december, so i have seen the gta thred extraveganza, but you know, it's so much simpler to not click on it if it does'nt interest you, rather then...not only going somewhere you don't want to be (the hated thred) but even typeing a post as pointless as "STOP MAKING GTA 3 THREDS!" they aren't going to stop, people are curious, i'm tired of seeing people put in stupid posts in threds i'm interested in, just simple because they are sick of it.
From what i know, gta 3 is supposed to be out on xbox sometime, and it will kick a$$

Exactly! I love reading about GTA3. For those sick of it, Dont read the thread.

If your tired of slapping your sack with a wooden spoon, Why are you still gonna do it?