PDA

View Full Version : Greatest RPG's EVER thread

EHWfedPres
04-28-2002, 09:21 PM
Lets start off by saying...Final fantasy games are soo linear, boring, and not to mention repetative, it sucks. I want freedom. I want to be able to want into a town (not with a midget whos got polygon clipping all over the place), and slaughter a few people, head back out, do whatever I want, whenever I want...etc. You dont get that on Final Fantasy. You dont get that anywhere but Morrowind and Project Ego.

Morrowind will have more than 3,000 NPCs, more than 300 hand-crafted dungeons, more than 500 basic spells, and more than 200 types of creatures. All that in a HUGE, free roaming world says more than enough.

Project Ego has such an in-depth character plot its almost mind-blowing. Plus you can come and go as you please, your not trapped in Linear World, or as I call it, Final Fantasy.

Star Wars KOTOR looks pretty promising, but I dont know enough to say wether it will supply enough replay value to the die-hard RPG fan like myself, a person who wants freedom in games...a person who wants to do what he wants and not what the game designers want me to do.

So in short, If you even like Final Fantasy a little bit, you'll love Morrowind and Project Ego. Each game individually will probably have more replay value than all PoS2 lame ass so-called RPG's put together.

preetz16
04-28-2002, 09:53 PM
I really hope that KOTOR is bigger and as open-ended as Morrowind. Sure it can have a central plot to follow, but i want LOTS of side ones to do...Basically, I hope it's and improved morrowind in the Star Wars enviroment...one can only hope!

frog11983
04-28-2002, 11:17 PM
Yes, KOTOR is looking very promising. I just hope that it is real-time combat, that would be neat.

Dre
04-30-2002, 02:28 AM
I remember reading in OXM that its somewhat of a mix between turn-based and real-time. The description sounded pretty iffy on the whole thing, but it seems LucasArts thinks it can pull it off. Should be interesting to see how it plays.

EHWfedPres
04-30-2002, 02:24 PM
turn based sucks, this isnt a board game, its a video game.

Anonymous
05-01-2002, 06:45 PM
Yes, turn-base is over rated.

We do NOT want to build strategic skills. We DO want to build fast finger twitching. Why? 'cause chicks dig it. :cool:

Strategy is for nerds who don't get any. Yes, listen to me, you do not want strategy problem-solving skills. You do not want to be a nerd.

If they listen, I will rule *ahem* pay no attention to the previous sentance.

Thank you, that is all.

OppiumNitrates
05-02-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
...a person who wants to do what he wants and not what the game designers want me to do.

Well in Morrowind the designers want u to do what u want. . . so wont u be doing what they want u to do, since u will do what u want???

heh

EHWfedPres
05-02-2002, 11:08 PM
*stares blankly*

huh?

Master Gracey
05-12-2002, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
Well in Morrowind the designers want u to do what u want. . . so wont u be doing what they want u to do, since u will do what u want???

That's priceless!! :D A VERY good point...

Ukyo
05-12-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

heh
My plans have been foiled.

melon
05-14-2002, 01:46 PM
Well i don't care if some people say that these are not "RPG's", but Shenmue and PSO

PJStyles
05-15-2002, 05:52 PM
I understand some of you hate turn-based fighting but to be honest, in RPG's I like turn-based fighting. Strategy plays a larger role that way. Maybe it's just me...

I also can't wait for Baldurs Gate. I loved it. How does Morrowind and Project Ego compare to Baldurs Gate?

PJ

y2kash_14
05-16-2002, 09:03 PM
you don't like turn-based? then just dont play it. simple.

and i happen to like Final Fantasy games, and also Shenmue and Suikoden

X-Ray
05-20-2002, 11:24 AM
The only "RPG" I've ever played is Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I have quotes around RPG because, although I consider it to be an RPG many people do not. I loved that game so much and now I'm hoping Morrowind and Ego can fill that void. I'm getting more and more interested in RPG's all the time--this coming from a FPS junkie.

Dre
05-20-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by X-Ray
The only "RPG" I've ever played is Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I have quotes around RPG because, although I consider it to be an RPG many people do not. I loved that game so much and now I'm hoping Morrowind and Ego can fill that void. I'm getting more and more interested in RPG's all the time--this coming from a FPS junkie.

I think that Morrowind and Ego will be more than able to fill your void!! I think that Morrowind will be mind-blowing. And I also think that Ego willl blow Morrowind out of the water. This is of course, if and only if the game delivers on everything its promising. I can't wait!

X-Ray
05-20-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Dre

I think that Morrowind and Ego will be more than able to fill your void!! I think that Morrowind will be mind-blowing. And I also think that Ego willl blow Morrowind out of the water. This is of course, if and only if the game delivers on everything its promising. I can't wait!

If ego delivers on half of what it promistes it will dissappoint people because the expectations are high, but it will still be groundbreaking. Fortunately, everything we know so far indicates that ego wil deliver!

EHWfedPres
05-25-2002, 04:06 PM
If Project Ego only gives us 1/2 of what they said it would have, it will still beat all PoS2 wanna-be rpg's by miles.