PDA

View Full Version : A gameplayers hit!!

martin_floor
04-29-2002, 02:15 PM
Project Ego is going to be the best game eveeeeeer! No RPG/Action game is going to beat Project Ego for a long, long time...

darianX
04-29-2002, 06:47 PM
Why are you talking like an idiot? No one even knows the name of the game yet - Project Ego is a code name for the game, it's NOT the name of it!!! I'm really weary of seeing talk of these yet-to-be-seen games as though you can go buy them now. That game MIGHT be released at the end of this year, my guess is it won't see the light of day until next summer. And when it does rear it's head, it won't have all the stuff people thought it would and then they'll ***** and complain about how it sucks.

Very few details exist regarding the gameplay, except in OXM where they spoke very generally about the game. How could this be the RPG of all time before anyone even SAW THE GAME???? Look, all I'm saying is quit pining for games when there are many great games out there now - Gunvalkyrie, JSRF, Genma Onimusha, Spiderman, Sega NFL2k2, Rallisport, the list goes on and on.....

Remember, if no one buys the games, they won't make games anymore. Then kiss the Xbox goodbye.

EHWfedPres
04-29-2002, 10:48 PM
There's alot of info out on Project Ego (not the real name, but I would mind if it was), and plenty of screenshots going around...it looks and sounds like it will be the best rpg ever...well considering people say Final Fantasy is a good game, those games suck.

smack119
04-30-2002, 10:08 AM
so when exactly will it be the FINAL fanasty?? maybe somewhere around final fantasy MMXVII????

darianX
04-30-2002, 11:27 AM
Well, I see that some folks can't take a little dose of reality. I got this in my email today from the thread starter:

You think you know so much, uuuh?
Have you visited the homepage of Project Ego, or seen all the screenshots. I've read three or four reviews and they all are talking about the same stuff. Even the man who is making the game, Peter Molyneux, is telling the same things about it.
I didn't say it was released yet, did I?
But anyway, thanks for you reply.

For one, I don't really appreciate people sending email to me in order to flame, that's what these forums are for. I'll go through this laundry list and answer here.

1. There isn't a homepage for the game. All I found was a section on Big Blue Box's site with LESS information than was in OXM, with the SAME screenshots as was in the mag. The info at that site is mirrored at every games-related site online and all of it seems very preliminary and general. As a matter of fact, OXM said that it may be overly ambitious. In otherwords - they might have to cut things out of the game in order to get it out the door. With no release date set and all the mega-hype surrounding it, the game might not in reality be what all the devs are saying it will be.

2. Yes I've seen all 10 or so screenshots they released. Keep in mind that what you see there could possibly be in-game cutscenes or even pre-rendered. All developers do that in the early stages of a game. That said, the shots do look lovely, BUT just keep in mind the above statements.

3. I can't possibly see how you've read reviews on a game that isn't finished yet. Perhaps initial impressions of a pre-rendered demo or alpha build, but not even enough to really call it a preview. And as far as I could find, no magazine or press source has seen it in action yet (ie-playable).

4. I don't care what Molyneux or anyone else is saying about it. It's too far off in the future to make snap decisions as to whether it will be the best RPG ever or not. I've been playing games since 1982 and have seen tons of games with lots of hype go down in flames because the final product wasn't like they said it would be. After feeling ripped off a few times you'll learn to use your head and not get too excited about games that don't have names yet or have release dates.

5. Check my previous post - I never said that you said it was released.

I don't think I'm the only one on these forums who is really tired of seeing post after post about games that haven't been confirmed or have no release dates. GTA3 comes to mind immediately and this one is close behind. I've seen less talk about Brute Force which will arrive before Ego and GTA3 (if ever). There's nothing wrong with looking forward to a game but let's keep our wits about us. I'd really like to see more positive feedback about games you can buy right now instead of the ones that aren't here yet.

martin_floor
05-01-2002, 04:56 AM
darianX: Why are you so against Project Ego? Everything you say about it is negative things. Okay, so you don't like what you have seen so far, but I think many people do!
Can't you say something positive about the game too?

Hermes
05-01-2002, 07:48 AM
Hahaha. Holy crap, DarianX is a freaking spazz. I can't believe he went to all that trouble when the thread starter posted two sentences. Martin didn't even try to state any facts about the game. It was just his opinion, guy. Lay off. It's good that people are hyped about this game, especially if they are in a region other than the US. If it takes hype to initally move systems than so be it. The more installed users, the better the games will be. Why be jerk if someone is excited? Go out and get laid D, You need it.

darianX
05-01-2002, 09:17 AM
I never said anything about being against the game - READ WHAT WAS POSTED!!

Yeah, he posted 2 sentences...that's why he had to email me.

Just wait till you drop a couple hundred on games that suck so bad after being hyped to high heaven, maybe then you'll understand. Oh wait, mommy and daddy pay for your games so it don't matter. Let's talk after you've spent $800 on games for a brand new system.

Hermes
05-01-2002, 10:07 AM
So what if he e-mailed you. That changes nothing especially since the original thread was prior to that. What's your point?

Just wait till you drop a couple hundred on games that suck so bad after being hyped to high heaven, maybe then you'll understand. Oh wait, mommy and daddy pay for your games so it don't matter. Let's talk after you've spent $800 on games for a brand new system.

Why would I? I am not so stupid that I believe hype. Look, just because you are pis.sed because you got duped into buying crap, let others be excited. It's not any one else's problem that you failed to look into a product you were buying. That is your own sorry fault.

Duke
05-01-2002, 11:13 AM
Darian, sure I've dropped cash on games that didn't live up to the hype, but that was my own stupid fault on not renting or getting people's opinion that I trust before purchasing.

BTW, mommy and daddy do not pay for my games. Although I'm posting negative and thus sinking to your level, get over it.

Check things out, be excited for the future. Of course not all games will live up to the hype, but on your logic you should buy that '89 S10 blazer that runs "great" for $2,000.

Stop acting like an immature little girl.

Sorry again about the negative post, but I hate to see people avert personal responsibility.

darianX
05-01-2002, 03:14 PM
Ok, I give up. No one responding here can read above a 5th grade level or an entire post for that matter it seems.

I was never "negative" or trashing the game at all. If you would have actually read what was posted you would see that. I was responding to a statement and stating facts.

It appears that stating the facts is viewed as "negative"...too bad for those that can't look at facts in an objective manner.

Here are some facts for you to think about as you daydream about upcoming, unreleased games and refuse to discuss or buy current games "because they suck" (except for Halo):

1. Halo won't carry the weight of the Xbox - it's time people pay some attention to the other great games out there.

2. Developer that get burned on a new console=loss of said developer.

3. Loss of developers=death of Xbox.

4. The Dreamcast was a great system, it's in the bargain bin now. Why? No one bought the games.

I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand that the first year of a console is critical. Take a quick spin through the Xbox message boards on the internet and look at the crushing wave of posts stating how bad, how stupid, how lame, etc all games are except for the almighty Halo and unreleased games. If someone would just read those posts and nothing else, they'd NEVER consider buying an Xbox. This disturbs me greatly, and it should rattle the chain of anyone who wants to see a nice long life for the Xbox. Like before, Halo won't carry the Xbox.

I didn't post my original message in here to start a fight or be a d1ck, was just trying to make people think, which seems to have been useless anyway so....

khaos2005
05-01-2002, 04:11 PM
So far, I have agreed 100% with darianX's statements. Everything he has said is true. Although I am really looking forward to "Project Ego", there isn't much known about it. It's all hype, however, hype I sure hope turns out to be true to form. And he is also right. I love the XBox to death, and sold all my other consoles to "make room" for it, but this is a big year for the XBox. The first year makes or breaks a system. I truly think though, that the XBox will come out strong. MS wouldn't let their system die without a fight.

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 07:11 PM
I'm openly against anyone who is openly against Project Ego. This game will rule. If you dont like this game, you are saying you dont like life itself. because thats what Project Ego will be, you are a guy going thru life...and theres SO much you can do with infinite detail to the landsacpe and the character development itself.

OZXboxAddict
05-01-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by martin_floor
Project Ego is going to be the best game eveeeeeer! No RPG/Action game is going to beat Project Ego for a long, long time...

I think its great that people get excited about games because it WILL hype it up and the console in general. Maybe it won't live up to expectation (maybe it will) I've felt many anxious moments over new games coming (half the fun) out but I make sure I only buy what will stay in my collection for a long time through researching the product first so I'm not disappointed. I still get excited about them though . . .

DarianX no offense but I think its inappropriate to tell people they are talking like an idiot for expressing their excitement about a forthcoming game. They even have an excite-o-meter on this site for that very reason. I hope martin-floor isn't disappointed and that Project Ego lives up to the hype that is being perpetuated but imho its being hyped for very good reasons from the wealth of information I have been able to peruse about a very ambitious game.

khaos2005
05-01-2002, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I agree that was a bit harsh. But he did have some good points. Project Ego will rule, I really hope it does well, for our sake and theirs.