PDA

View Full Version : Battle Engine Aquila

DZNUTZ
04-29-2002, 02:19 PM
April 26, 2002 - There haven't been too many mech games to hit the console world, and even fewer, if any, that offered battles on a huge scale. I'm talking battles with thousands of troops. Infogrames and developer Lost Toys are looking to change that with Battle Engine Aquila. The first-person mech game ships to Xbox and PS2 later this year and could be the ultimate action title folks are looking for.

Features:

Detailed, complex battlefields with thousands of units

Multi-layered strategy, allowing players to choose how to approach each mission

Massive scale of the variety rarely seen in console games

Multiplayer split-screen so you can take on your punk-ass friends

You play Hawk. Not Ethan, not Hudson -- just Hawk. And your misspent youth is about to be interrupted by a war neither side can hope to win. It's the future, and centuries of pollution and global warming have melted the polar ice caps. See, you should have listened to the EPA, but now it's too late. The world is mostly water now and many of the world's citizens are dead, even Kevin Costner. Only the high ground remains viable living grounds. But there's only so much dry ground to go around. Because men can't solve their differences peacefully, a war has broken out.

Piloting a prototype battle engine, Hawk must work to save the world from destruction. The global fracas involves two quarrelling factions: Forseti and Muspell. It doesn't roll off the tongue quite as well as the Hatfields and McCoys, but it'll do. Combat takes shape on a massive scale, with thousands of units on the battlefield. Battle Engine Aquila is the only mech in the game, as far as we know, and will be superior to the tanks, infantry, and even battleships used by the warring factions.

In the battle engine, Hawk can patrol the ground, squashing helpless infrantry, or take to the air and attack from above. For those thinking Zone of Enders, cease and desist. Your mech is a behemoth war machine, towering over the populace.

Outlook

Battle Engine Aquila has a lot of promise, but the gameplay details are pretty vague right now. How complex will the controls be? Will it always be in first-person? Can you get out of your mech and do things on foot? There are a lot of questions and currently few answers. But we hold out hope for Battle Engine Aquila.

-- IGN
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/358/358088p1.html

Brevity
04-29-2002, 05:10 PM
ouch (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12201)

Snoopy7548
04-29-2002, 05:19 PM
lol @ brev, but anyway, this game looks cool, i bet max would like it:D

DZNUTZ
04-29-2002, 05:26 PM
my bad brev...as hard as i try for that not to happen....i know it will from time to time.:(

Brevity
04-30-2002, 12:34 PM
Absolutly NO problem it happens all the time to all of us and I am sorry if it came off mean,,,,I ment it as nether one of us got any attention with this info??????hehe. :D