PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind on shelves tomorrow???

No Fear 23
04-29-2002, 08:38 PM
will it be out tomorrow?? the 30th? or the 15th of may?

Kooster
04-29-2002, 08:46 PM
The shipping dat supposedly is May 15h, so u should be able to get it the 16th.

DBXNY
04-29-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by hotshot657
The shipping dat supposedly is May 15h, so u should be able to get it the 16th.

hehe...he made you say it again. :)

Toast
04-29-2002, 08:55 PM
I heard that may 15th too, but it has already gone gold

chili325
04-29-2002, 08:56 PM
Amazon changed their date to the 20th, and they are the official xbox sales site.

smack119
04-29-2002, 09:28 PM
it was the 30th for pc, and the 16 for xbox

EHWfedPres
04-29-2002, 10:00 PM
It will be on shelves on the 16th for the Xbox.

Master Gracey
04-29-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by chili325
Amazon changed their date to the 20th, and they are the official xbox sales site.

That would make sense... the 20th is a Monday, and that's when games are released in America. If the ship date for the Xbox version is supposed to be May 15 (a Wednesday) then it'd be safe to say that stores will have it on their shelves for a Monday May 20 release date.

Besides... if it was shipped on the 15th, how would it be on store shelves come the morning of the 16th? It may be possible with overnight shipping, but that's just not a reasonable option if you're shipping in bulk. Talk about a gigantic profit loss!

DZNUTZ
04-29-2002, 11:53 PM
actually many titles are overnighted and the stores get them day after ship

XBOX Dude
04-30-2002, 09:32 AM
what does going gold mean exactly i got a general idea i'm just not sure

JJaX
04-30-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by XBOX Dude
what does going gold mean exactly i got a general idea i'm just not sure

THE master copy has been made, And the Disc are being put into mass production

XBOX Dude
04-30-2002, 10:31 AM
ohh:p

Nato King
04-30-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

THE master copy has been made, And the Disc are being put into mass production

When JJax said that the Disc are being put into mass production. I got all heated up I can't wait until this game comes out. I just need to hold off until the 16 of may than I will finally have the game in my hands.:)

l Maximus l
04-30-2002, 10:58 AM
That's pretty sweet that Morrowind is coming out eventhough I don't plan on purchasing it myself. It's great to see many addicts in here pumped up about it! Since I'm not the biggest RPG fan, I think I may rent this first once I get some feedback from all of you dudes.

I'm holding out for Hunter: The Reckoning on May 21st :)

DIGITAL
04-30-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
That's pretty sweet that Morrowind is coming out eventhough I don't plan on purchasing it myself. It's great to see many addicts in here pumped up about it! Since I'm not the biggest RPG fan, I think I may rent this first once I get some feedback from all of you dudes.

I'm holding out for Hunter: The Reckoning on May 21st :) yeah i wont be getting morrowind either ,im not into rpg ,but im gonna buy project ego !an may 21st let the reckoning begin,i can not wait for hunter!21 an a half days to go

l Maximus l
04-30-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
yeah i wont be getting morrowind either ,im not into rpg ,but im gonna buy project ego !an may 21st let the reckoning begin,i can not wait for hunter!21 an a half days to go

Great call! That's exactly my take on things...Yes, I'm waiting for Hunter: The Reckoning and I'm not much into RPGs either, however, if I am going to get initiated into the RPG genre, I think I'll wait for Project Ego instead. Morrowind should be cool, though...and, I've decided to keep a very open mind and I can't wait to hear what the addicts have to say about Morrowind! :)

Kooster
04-30-2002, 03:57 PM
If Morrowind does come out on May 20th, it would be sweet cuz its my birthday!

EHWfedPres
04-30-2002, 04:18 PM
I just called EB today and they said Morrowind is still set for a release on the 16th...so im gonna go pre-order it

DZNUTZ
04-30-2002, 04:22 PM
if ya would have ordered it through eb.com about a week ago..u could have got it for 39.99. i don't think they'll honor that price anymore though.

faceoff508
04-30-2002, 04:23 PM
people say that the Pc version of Morrowind is better than the Xbox version. Is this true?

DZNUTZ
04-30-2002, 04:29 PM
well that would be hard for ANYONE to answer since the pc versions is barely out and the xbox version Isn't..but from what i've heard....the xbox version looks as good if not better then the pc version..i've also read that the gameplay is just as easy...anywho we'll just have to wait and see..

the pc comes with a expansion (type pack) that allows user to create/and swap/download characters levels and crap like that...the xbox won't be able to (at least at first)..until maybe xboxlive?!?!? who knows if they left a loop in the program to do that...from what i understand it wouldn't have been hard.

smack119
04-30-2002, 05:10 PM
dont forget also that your pc would be a big factor, you would need a recent pc with good graphics card, my pc is like 3-4 years old, with a crap card, so im definatley better off with the xbox version

l Maximus l
04-30-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by smack119
dont forget also that your pc would be a big factor, you would need a recent pc with good graphics card, my pc is like 3-4 years old, with a crap card, so im definatley better off with the xbox version

Good point...also, Morrowind doesn't seem like one of those games that will only be played for a little bit for each session. In other words, people will probably play it for a 2+ hours at a time instead of 10 minutes. And, what better way to do that than sitting in the comfort of a couch versus a desk chair? :D

By the way, on another thread, I understand that the control scheme is going to be reminscient of the control scheme of Halo. Is this true? If so, I may reconsider and just buy it!!!

Snoopy7548
04-30-2002, 05:32 PM
i was watchin extended play, and the guy did a preview of morrowind, and he said that theres like, i forget, but like i think over 60 novels worth of text in the game:eek: :eek:

monkeyman
04-30-2002, 06:17 PM
hehe cant wait:D

Kooster
04-30-2002, 06:32 PM
so i wonder if the characters will talk or if you'll have to read it all like on psx

Frink
04-30-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
i was watchin extended play, and the guy did a preview of morrowind, and he said that theres like, i forget, but like i think over 60 novels worth of text in the game:eek: :eek:

I thinks its 6 novels not 60.

SkoalMint
04-30-2002, 08:48 PM

By the way, on another thread, I understand that the control scheme is going to be reminscient of the control scheme of Halo. Is this true? If so, I may reconsider and just buy it!!!

Everything I have seen says the control scheme is very similar to Halo. I cannot wait for this game. I just wish I had pre-ordered it at $39.99. By the time I got home it had gone back to $49.99. I think it will be worth it regardless. I may catch some flak for this, but I think this game may be better than Project Ego. Especially if you consider that this game may have up to 500 hours of gameplay. Didn't Peter Molyneux say Project Ego was going to be in the 20 hour range?

jschelm
04-30-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by hotshot657
so i wonder if the characters will talk or if you'll have to read it all like on psx

With the extraordinary amount of speech and number of talking characters them actually talking wouldn't be possible.

There will be some talking characters, but they won't say everything, just enough for you to get a better grasp of them as a "real" person.

EHWfedPres
04-30-2002, 09:15 PM
Ok, I pre-ordered Morrowind today, and the release date as of now is the 16th, but its not set in stone, so it can be changed. I also paid for it too...$39.99...actually, I traded in 2 games for it and got 20 bucks store credit for it and whatever...I traded in RAW because it sucks, and Max Payne because I hate the controls.

I was looking thru the 350+ page strategy guide, and found alot of cool stuff about different things. Plus its only $19.99, plus 30% off for pre-ordering, so that kicks ass.

Anyway, there's more than 3,000 NPCs, more than 300 hand-crafted dungeons, more than 500 basic spells, and more than 200 types of creatures...etc. This game looks promising already. Plus Morrowind probably has the best looking water in any game...ever. Even the clouds look real and there's a weather system...which is awesome.

Plus, I think its all text in the game, which is good because people read at different speeds. I can read very fast. But anyway, if it was sounds, that wouldnt be as good because fast readers wouldnt want to wait for the guy to stop talking and not waste any more time...but if you hit A to skip thru the guy talking you can miss some important stuff. So if you want to go talk to the guy again, you'll have to listen from the start instead of picking up where you left off reading. But thats just my opinion.

MixMasta
04-30-2002, 09:20 PM

Good point...also, Morrowind doesn't seem like one of those games that will only be played for a little bit for each session. In other words, people will probably play it for a 2+ hours at a time instead of 10 minutes. And, what better way to do that than sitting in the comfort of a couch versus a desk chair? :D

totally agree max!!!