PDA

View Full Version : cool controller mods...

E-Xbox
04-29-2002, 09:44 PM
hey all..
i was lookin around..
and i found some cool controller mods that im pretty sure i havent seen posted here...

here is the link

http://forums.funxbox.com/showthread.php?threadid=2614

here is the pics.... and wat he says...

"Pics of My Modded Controllers (2 big pics 100k each)
This was fun to do. The Jap/Type S pad was originally grey. Painted the face black, and put the LEDs in. The board that controls the LEDs is in the back of the controller. Had to sacrifice both memory card ports because I'm dumb and didn't think to wire them to the controller itself. Mainly I just didn't want to muck it up. Note the big mess of wires in the collage.

The other two are themed. One all white with the red dot in place of the logo card. This is to make it look like the japanese flag. Next step on this one is to find the kanji for "Roots" and stencil it in over the red dot. Maybe sand blast it onto the jewel itself if it's not too much money.

And of course one painted Sooner Red and White since I'll be going there in the fall. The center piece is just a logo done in photoshop on glossy paper. I'll replace it with a better one later. The jewel was destroyed during it's removal. I've since learned how to get them off cleanly.

Any thoughts on these puppies?"

http://members.aol.com/t0kugawa//Controllers.gif

http://members.aol.com/t0kugawa/ControllerCollage.gif

which controller looks better in your opinion?!?!?!

peace

Fixxer
04-29-2002, 11:11 PM
They look like ass IMHO... I'd have to see them for myself tho.

Nato King
04-30-2002, 06:45 AM
I would have to go with the red and white one (right) I feel that one looks the best.:)

E-Vader
04-30-2002, 06:52 AM
They all look fugly to me.

l Maximus l
04-30-2002, 11:27 AM
I'm with Serg_w...the one on the right looks the best. Though, I prefer my black ones :D

Kraft
04-30-2002, 11:30 AM
Thats cool how he took perfectly good MS controllers and made them look like cheap 3rd party knock-offs... I wish I had talent like that.

Crazy Joe
04-30-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by KraftSLU
Thats cool how he took perfectly good MS controllers and made them look like cheap 3rd party knock-offs... I wish I had talent like that.

zing!

anyway, they aren't that bad, the black one with the leds doesn't look too bad, kinda cool idea with the X in the middle except now he doesn't have any expansion ports. dumbass.

Kraft
04-30-2002, 11:42 AM
They are just a little too... glossy for my tastes. I am kinda partial to the matted black/green look of the originals. Though if I tried to paint a controller I can guarentee that my hands, desk and other various things would also be that color, along with the buttons, analog sticks and dpad on the controller...

GokuX
04-30-2002, 11:59 AM
I think they're all ugly.

Peter1979
04-30-2002, 01:06 PM
i dont like them bah !

i saw a controller with lights here thats better !

bye

DZNUTZ
04-30-2002, 01:13 PM
to each his/her own...whateva tickles their pickles..floats their boat..or finds their lost remote...but as for me....i'm more then satisfied with my 4 1st party non-moded MS regular american issued controllers:D

l Maximus l
04-30-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
to each his/her own...whateva tickles their pickles..floats their boat..or finds their lost remote...but as for me....i'm more then satisfied with my 4 1st party non-moded MS regular american issued controllers:D

And everyone said: "Amen." :D

DZNUTZ
04-30-2002, 01:55 PM
AMEN!!

can i get a witness!! oh yea...speak on it my brothers and sisters..

E-Xbox
04-30-2002, 02:10 PM
i wish that in one of his pics the LED's lit up!

peace

Snoopy7548
04-30-2002, 02:22 PM
i think they all look pretty good, especially the one with the red dot in the middle. but u shouldnt have dont the japanese flag, u should have done the good 'ol US of A flag! lol. if u made one with the ac/dc logo on it, i would be your best friend, lol.:D

EHWfedPres
04-30-2002, 02:27 PM
Well their not my cup of tea, hell, I hate tea. Anyway, I like the middle one but i HATE the position of the smaller buttons, being under where your hand would be, and all...

and that Jesus pic, is that from Conan O'Brian? I remember that sement, it was funny as hell. Jesus Riding a Mechanical Bull :cool:

E-Xbox
04-30-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
i think they all look pretty good, especially the one with the red dot in the middle. but u shouldnt have dont the japanese flag, u should have done the good 'ol US of A flag! lol. if u made one with the ac/dc logo on it, i would be your best friend, lol.:D

i didnt do them...
some guy did..

peace