PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft to slash Xbox price in Japan (xcandy.co.uk)

Xcandy
04-30-2002, 11:27 AM
Microsoft to slash Xbox price in Japan

Microsoft plans to cut the price of Xbox in Japan, product manager David Hufford has revealed in an interview with Xen Gamers. Hufford, who also revealed a number of details relating to the Xbox Live service in a recent interview, says “it’s just a matter of when it happens.”

“We're monitoring the effect of the cuts in Europe and sales in Japan to make a final determination,” he added.

This seems a bit odd to us. As we often take pride in pointing out, the games make the system, not the other way round. Xbox has fared badly in Japan, despite costing only a few quid more than the market leading PlayStation 2. Many critics felt the software line-up was poorly tailored to the Japanese market, and if Microsoft wants to affect a breakthrough and invigorate sales in the Far East, perhaps it should be pampering developers and not fiddling with the price tag.

Then again, scoring a few big-name releases and slicing a chunk off the asking price would be a pretty effective combination. Roll on E3...

From Xcandy.co.uk

Kraft
04-30-2002, 11:32 AM
Muahahaha. He will keep posting all this news-stories in here, then I will have absolutely no reason at all to go to his site! Well, actually, I really didn't have a reason to go before...

Xcandy
04-30-2002, 11:34 AM
THIS IS MY LAST EVER POST TO THE XBOXADDICT SITE

Kraft
04-30-2002, 11:49 AM
Umm... I was sorta kidding, but oh well. Have a nice life and fun with your site.

DZNUTZ
04-30-2002, 12:03 PM
while i don't want members to leave xba with a bad taste in their mouth......xboxcandy..u usually just tried to put links to your site anywayz...good luck on your site..hope ya change your mind:)

DIGITAL
04-30-2002, 12:27 PM
damm now i feel bad for xcandy he was just trying to get someone to check out his site which im sure he spent alot of time to make!

silvertrace
04-30-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Xcandy
THIS IS MY LAST EVER POST TO THE XBOXADDICT SITE

promises, promises...............

btw....i played this fool online and waxed his ass, he told me to get a life.............(that must mean i beat him pretty bad, and i talked alot of chit):cool:

good ridens candyass

E-Xbox
04-30-2002, 02:14 PM
its ok..
all he did was make threads with old news that had links to his site

peace