PDA

View Full Version : Master Chief -=Double Jump=-

JJaX
04-30-2002, 12:49 PM
When your playing halo, If you duck at the peak of your Jump you will remain in the air for a bit longer.

This allows you to do some pretty cool things if you can figure out what ;)

examples:
Easier access to roof tops of bases in battle creek.
Easier to get on top of pillars on hand em high

(Why would you wanna to that you say ;) )

silvertrace
04-30-2002, 12:50 PM
hey dude, u peddlin my tips...............it also can get u a sniper in gulch without getting on top :rolleyes:

JJaX
04-30-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace
hey dude, u peddlin my tips...............it also can get u a sniper in gulch without getting on top :rolleyes:

Uhhhh, I never mentioned anything about what you told me Hambone....

l Maximus l
04-30-2002, 12:53 PM
Not only does it make you jump higher, but, it looks funny, too :D

silvertrace
04-30-2002, 12:54 PM
i'm just messin with u, all the other halo players can use all the tips they can get............its lonely on the top :cool:

btw........i got a secret.......hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............ask jjax, he knows what it is.....................jk dude

l Maximus l
04-30-2002, 01:00 PM
A couple weeks ago, I also learned that you can ride the Ghost ship up one of the cliff sides at Blood Gulch. Some of you may already know this, but, it was new to me...and, I figure, if I didn't know after as much as I have played, I figure that there has to be a few that didn't know.

It's a great tip for people if you are playing Rally at the Gulch and there are Ghost Ships present. Of course, you will want to hold "A" down so the nose goes up on the Ghost. :)

silvertrace
04-30-2002, 01:07 PM
there is also a way to get on top of sidewinder WITHOUT USING THE TANK.............impossible u say...........just take a ghost and......

didn't think i'd let all my secrets out..................:cool: :rolleyes: :cool:

l Maximus l
04-30-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace
there is also a way to get on top of sidewinder WITHOUT USING THE TANK.............impossible u say...........just take a ghost and......

didn't think i'd let all my secrets out..................:cool: :rolleyes: :cool:

So, you can just use a ghost ship to go up? If so, that's great news...the tank way is kind of tough...probably because I don't practice it enough...I think I've only done it twice and, in both occasions, it wasn't in a live game

anarky
04-30-2002, 03:21 PM
well guys im blowin your source- head on over to http://halo.bungie.org/tipsntricks/tricks.html where there are many tricks like mentioned above.

maximus- i have tried for at least two hours to get up the side of the gulch with no sucess. any tips besides holding a?

l Maximus l
04-30-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by anarky
well guys im blowin your source- head on over to http://halo.bungie.org/tipsntricks/tricks.html where there are many tricks like mentioned above.

maximus- i have tried for at least two hours to get up the side of the gulch with no sucess. any tips besides holding a?

Well, I think you are talking about the "ramp" in the gulch where you take a ghost ship up to the top instead of where I'm talking about. But, to answer your question, once you get to the top of the "ramp" that is formed on the side of the huge wall (relatively near one of the bases), simply put the nose of your Ghost ship straight up...go up a little and then strafe to the platform to get up there. Keep in mind you might want to carry a Sniper rifle :D

The part I was originally talking about is on one of the elevated trails (cliffs) that have a long path on it...you can ride the ghost ship all the way up the wall to get up there instead of walking all the way around to get up. :)

xfx Mike
05-01-2002, 08:40 AM
I know of a way to get up on top of the stage in Sidewinder with no vehicle at all. At the Red Base, get to the top area (where the sniper rifle and portal is) and get out on the very end of the ledge, (make sure you have the game set to %400 health, Shields on, and Rocket Launchers only) now, when you are on the edge of the ledge, look down, throw a plasma granade, and count to about 4 secs., i usually jump at 3, then shoot your rocket launcher, and hopefully with the help of the 'nad blast and the rocket blast, you will get up in one try, if you don't, you will land on a small ledge right above the base, then just do the rocket jump over right where you are...

whew, sorry for any bad gammer and spelling skills ;)

Well, cya
http://www.xboxgamezone.com/images/staff/xfx_mike_editor_logo.gif
xfx Mike

P.S. Check out our site, XboxGameZone (http://www.xboxgamezone.com) and register on our boards :D