PDA

View Full Version : I must be a moron ...

MOlsen
04-30-2002, 04:32 PM
... because I have come to the painful conclusion that I like games that suck, and am excited about games on other platforms that are going to suck too. Uggg.

Exhibit #1: I like Shrek. My wife thinks it is hilarious, but she can't play it very well at all. She likes to sit and tell me what to do, and how to do it. It is the only time that she will play with me on the Xbox. She thinks the sheep are really cute, too. I finally got the courage to check the game out from Blockbuster this last weekend, and discovered the world of Shrek. It's cheap, so I'm sure I will be buying it soon enough.

Exhibit #2: Azurik is fun for me. I like running around, and not always having to fear for my life. Oh sure, there is plenty of danger to find, but if you don't like constant button mashing, the option is available. One of my buddies hated the game sooo much, I got this one for free. I'm gonna keep it.

Exhibit #3: Everquest Adventures Online looks *really* cool! I think it is a great idea to have a scaled back Everquest, with a very similiar (if not identical) spell system, on a console. So put it 500 years before or whatever, and use similiar tools to create a similiar environment. I think the idea is just pure genious! Of course, then there is the whole 56K modem thing, and that will suck. And it's on a PS2, and the graphics suck, and I won't buy a PS2. And Star Wars Galaxies is going to be coming out, and that will be a much better online universe. And camping can be a drag, and then there is the whole kill-stealing and ninja looting issue. But, it is still Everquest, and that makes it one of the best computer games ever in my opinion.

DZNUTZ
04-30-2002, 04:50 PM
don't trip MOlsen...thats whats great about this industry..theirs practically a genre or game for everyone!! plus we need people like u to buy the crappy games so the devolpers don't go out of biz and a shot of making a decent game in the future.

btw...I dont' recall really seeing ya around so welcome to xba:)

Kraft
04-30-2002, 04:51 PM
Amen. everyone ends up liking games that not a lot of other people do. I, for one, love fusion frenzy... no matter how many crappy reviews it gets.

l Maximus l
04-30-2002, 04:55 PM
MOlsen! I think it's great that you like those games! Seriously! I am also a fan of Azurik, regardless of what others in here have to say about it. To me, it is a mentally challenging game...a lot of things to figure out...a lot of exploration, too. Certainly, an idiot would not be able to understand Azurik. To me, Azurik is basically a more advanced Zelda game with more fighting :)

Xbox Masta 4
04-30-2002, 04:55 PM
Haven't seen you around, so WELCOME! Yeah that is true what everyone said, people are made different and there minds are set on different styles.

don't worry KraftSLU I kinda like Fuzion Frenzy also! My lil bro got it and I played it for a while, it's not bad!

DZNUTZ
04-30-2002, 05:11 PM
some of my friends (after i tear them to pieces in 3 against 1/ the 1 being me halo matches) always want to play the FF demo that comes with halo. i still think that was a great move on MS's part....those market savy baztardz!!! ( now if they would just start making more commercials!!)

MOlsen
04-30-2002, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. Yep, somebody has to like the crappy games. I guess I'm gonna have to try Kabuki Warriors this weekend, in between Shrek sessions.

GokuX
04-30-2002, 06:15 PM
Welcome Molsen, glad to have you aboard.

techie
04-30-2002, 06:33 PM
Are you in the U.S.? If so you might want to check
prices on Xbox games at Target. Last week at the
store near my home they priced reduced Shrek to
$29.99, not as a sale price, but as a price reduction.

DZNUTZ
05-01-2002, 11:44 AM
Shrek 2
Wednesday, May 1, 08:04 | Talon |
TDK Mediactive and DreamWorks SKG announced that they’re developing a sequel to Shrek. Based on the movie of the same name that grossed over $481 million at the box office and one million units across four platforms, the sequel to Shrek will be released on all next generation consoles.
"`Shrek' is not only a great movie franchise, but a powerful video game franchise, as well," said Vincent Bitetti, chief executive officer of TDK Mediactive. "It has developed into two synergetic entities, which can stand alone, as well as provide mutual support: `Shrek,' the DreamWorks movie character, and `Shrek,' the video game icon. Recognizing this unique strength, our development efforts have shifted from a license perspective to a video game franchise perspective, and we will begin this fall to release additional `Shrek' titles for various platforms," added Bitetti. "The `Shrek' titles will offer the captivating characters in a diverse base of immersive environments, game settings and categories."
"TDK is a great licensee for `Shrek,' and we are pleased to announce our continued business relationship," said Brad Globe, head of DreamWorks Consumer Products. "TDK has the experience and enthusiasm to build upon the momentum of the current video game titles and the success of the movie franchise."

Expect more news on this game as it develops.

MOlsen
05-01-2002, 12:36 PM
Techie,

Ya, I live in Texas. I also saw Shrek this weekend at CompUSA for $19.99 ... not sure if it was a sale or what, I almost bought it on sight, then remembered my golden rule of video games. Always rent, never whine. Thanks for the notice!

darianX
05-01-2002, 03:27 PM
Don't sweat it molsen...nothin' to be ashamed of. You like whatcha like. I'm really enjoying Pirates for the last few weeks, and I haven't seen many good things about that one. Same thing with 007...lets see...people hated Gunvalkyrie and I think that is one of the best games I've ever played. Oh well-keep makin' em and we'll keep buyin em! :cool: