PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2k2 or Inside Drive

Azazel
04-30-2002, 09:40 PM
Guys I need help. I had no intention of getting one of the basketball games, but I played inside drive on the demo disc and thought it was alot of fun. So now I want to get a b-ball game, but dont know which one is better?

Id like to know your recommendations. Inside drive or Nba 2k2??

Durden-XBA
05-02-2002, 06:40 AM
Generally the best policy is to rent 'em both and try them out. Read the reviews on here and see what people have to say.

Personally, I'm gonna wait for ID 2003, it's got a franchise mode and dynamic player development (like in Fever) which should be awesome! Either way my money is on the MS game, but it's not my money, so you may wanna peep both before puttin' down a $50... :)

koobz
05-09-2002, 12:49 PM
I like them both. They each have their unique qualities. NBA2K2 is more realistic (dunking, rebounding wise) but Inside Drive has those little extras that make it awesome. Commentary on inside drive is far superior to 2k2.

syxx
05-17-2002, 04:24 PM
i like ID much better than NBA 2k2. in ID you can actually lose the game on the hardest setting. and in ID it isn't as easy to come back and win as in NBA 2K2. in 2k2, play the zone defense and you are back in the game in no time, in ID pass can be intercepted in a second. like he said, the little extras make the game great

fanofslipknotib
05-17-2002, 04:49 PM
I have Inside Drive, and I really like it. I would love to give 2k2 a spin, just to see how it is. They are probably both really good. I KNOw that 2k2 has more features, as ID only has Exibition, Playoffs, and season, with no Create a Player, or Franchise mode.

RadRider
05-18-2002, 10:23 AM
NBA2K2! My brothers and I rented Inside Drive (the current one), and grew tired of it over the rental period. The play just isn't nearly as tight as in the 2K series, and there is nowhere near as many options. But don't get me wrong, if you like somewhat slow gameplay that feels somewhat off and gives you no options besides playing a career mode, then Inside Drive is for you.
I personally just think that High Voltage did a terrible job making this game. Maybe they'll do it right next time, but I doubt it, what with all the people raving about the first one.

juliuscaesar
05-19-2002, 02:28 PM
I have Inside Drive and it is awesome. The graphics are great the players look so real. I am starting a season with the Lakers and I have the greats on my team. Michael Jordan, Allen Iverson, Vince Carter, Jerry Stackhouse, Shaq, Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, Chris Webber, Alonzo Mourning, Kevin Garnett, David Robinson, and Gary Payton if that isn't enough then I don't know what is. I highly recommend Inside Drive. Actually, I just finish a game against the Blazers and smoked 'em 129-38. I am a master at that game! I haven't played NBA 2K2 much but I feel that Inside Drive is much better. I loved the demo of Inside Drive, that is what brought me to buy it. A classic game Lakers vs 76s, what could get better. Do you get the "Official XBOX Magazine"? I played that demo if that is what you meant. I hoped I helped you in your decision.
spld@aol.com

OEM Alien
05-26-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Azazel
Guys I need help. I had no intention of getting one of the basketball games, but I played inside drive on the demo disc and thought it was alot of fun. So now I want to get a b-ball game, but dont know which one is better?

Id like to know your recommendations. Inside drive or Nba 2k2?? i'm a HUGE fan of sega sports games, but maaaan listn... nba 2k2 SUUUUCKED! i bought it new and luckily for me when i was returning it blood omen 2 had just hit the shelves. so i traded it in for that (at eb). and i, like you, tried the NBA Inside Drive 2002 on the demo and liked it, so i bought it used a couple days ago for 19.99!!!!! whoo hooo! IT'S A GREAT GAME!!!

NBA INSIDE DRIVE 2002 - 9.0/10
SEGA NBA 2K2 - 7.5/10
buy id2002, it rocks!