PDA

View Full Version : Tekki!

Phynx
05-01-2002, 02:46 AM
Hey, I'm just wondering what everyone thinks about Tekki, I think it looks like one of the best simulation games yet, and the controller it looks totally awesome the game will be fun pitty its only single player, but I guess there are reasons, I guess it would be very hard to fit to of things in a small room:eek:

Hugh_Jass
05-01-2002, 07:59 AM
Tekki is one of my most anticipated titles for the XBOX.

VAN
05-01-2002, 09:23 AM
Tekki (which was originally known as Brainbox) has been assigned yet another name.

From what I understand, the game is now being called Steel Battallion. :)

I would love to see this game hit U.S. shores, but I don't think we will. :(

CoMATOSE
05-01-2002, 09:35 AM
hope the names still tekki........tekki's a ruuuuude name!!:cool:

steel batalion suxs more than brainbox:(

thedrisc
05-01-2002, 10:29 AM
I just got an email from Capcom confirming the new name.

"Steel Battalion - TEN STORIES TALL AND ARMED TO THE TEETH!

In the near future, military unrest runs rampant and you’ve just been promoted to chief pilot! Your weapon? The state-of-the-art, tactical battle-mech known as the Vertical Tank (VT). It’s the most evolved, hi-powered form of military weapon ever created. To succeed, you will master the integrated control interface in the most realistic battle-mech simulator ever created for the home. Steel Battalion includes a 40+ button, ****pit simulator to pilot your VT into battle and on to victory. Designed specifically for the power of the X-Box, Steel Battalion propels you into the world of hi-tech robot battles in the middle of a massive military coup. The success of every mission lies in your hands"

they will preview it at E3 and they say it will be released in september.

that will rock if its this year. can't wait!!!
:eek:

"Platform: XboxTM video game console from Microsoft
Target release: September 2002"

stang46
05-01-2002, 11:02 AM
Yeah I pretty pumped about this game as well. I jut hope the cost of the controller + game doesn't deter me from buying it. I would imagine that this game is gonna rock online:)

DaturaX
05-01-2002, 02:19 PM
Click me,then scroll to the bottom. (http://www.capcom.com/e3-2002/e3_2002.htm)

Does this mean a U.S. release?I'm inclined to think so.

smack119
05-01-2002, 02:48 PM
i saw this in a recent mag. not sure which one, i get a ton of them. anyway that controller looks sick man. but it looks like it could cost a pretty penny too. i could see me now sitting with that controller and a headset on, with surround sound. hopefully this game ends up as good as it looks

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 02:51 PM
I probably wont be getting it unless I get a large sum of money when its released...because i know it will be way over $100...but I really want it.

wweomaniac
05-01-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by VAN-XBA
From what I understand, the game is now being called Steel Battallion. :)

I would love to see this game hit U.S. shores, but I don't think we will. :(

Yep steel battalion. I didn't think that game was gonna be that good until I saw the June edition of OXM!!! OMG!! There is so much detail into just the HUB. You can only imagine how detailed the environments gonna be.

I wanna get those dual joysticks for the game too!!!!!!!

yall
05-01-2002, 03:40 PM
If there is a US release, I will totally fork over the dough just to have that wacked-out controller!

Aussie_18
05-01-2002, 04:00 PM
This is one game I just cant wait for!! The videos of it are awsome.. great graphics, realistice sounds ans HEAPS of explosions!! I can wait to see more after E3 :cool:

mtbaird5687
05-01-2002, 04:21 PM
if only the controlelr wasnt so $$$ i would for sure get this game

thedrisc
05-01-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by DaturaX
Click me,then scroll to the bottom. (http://www.capcom.com/e3-2002/e3_2002.htm)

Does this mean a U.S. release?I'm inclined to think so.

I would think that if they are having it at E3 that it will be released in the U.S. but one never knows.

Hugh_Jass
05-01-2002, 09:22 PM
I just realized that even if you can rent this game it is unlikely you will be able to rent the controller.