PDA

View Full Version : system link in halo

Rochey69r
05-01-2002, 03:39 AM
in system link in halo. how does it work?

you link 2 machines up

turn em both on with halo in

both go to multiplayer

both go to system link

then what??

do u press host a game?? and choose the game type?

and the other press join game?

please help me dudes i have my first LAN this friday and want to know how it works! :cool:

JJaX
05-01-2002, 08:13 AM
If your hooking 2 xboxes you can connect them directly with a crossover wire.

If youre hooking up more than 2 you need a hub and cat 5 ethernet wire for each box.

Once the "link' is present more than 1 xbox is on. Just simply go to "system link"

At that point you have the option to create a game or wait for someone else to create a game and join them.

Once a game is created you sit and wait for other xboxs to join your game (assuming your the host)

If your not the host, Go into system link and you will see the game someone else has created on your LAN. Simply join it and you will be in the waiting room.

programs like

http://www.xbconnect.com exist. These programs connect you with people on the internet. And when they join your "tunnel" it simulates a lan. So you can play halo on-line now too.

Enjoy your halo Lan battles. Halo over a Lan is the *****!

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 01:28 PM
Exactly what JJaX said. Only one XBox creates the game...the other XBox should simply go to the "Searching for Games" screen after you choose your characters in the System Link option.

Have fun!

RealityCheck
05-01-2002, 05:05 PM
That's exactly right what everyone else said. The more boxes you can get hooked together the better. I had my first LAN Sat the 20th of April. We were going for 4 boxes and had them but only had enough ppl to need hooking 3 of them together. It was great we sat around for 6 hours playing. Only stopping for bathroom breaks and a quick lunch. Hope you enjoy it.