PDA

View Full Version : DOA3 Breaks the 1 million sold mark.

patience
05-01-2002, 09:40 AM
http://www.reuters.com/news_article.jhtml;jsessionid=G5RS0PA1MNVJOCRBAE0CFFAKEEATGIWD?type=search&StoryID=903334

TOKYO, May 1 (Reuters) - Tecmo Ltd 9650.T , a leading Japanese video game maker, said on Wednesday that it expects a group net profit of 1.2 billion yen ($9.3 million) for the year ended in March, boosted by strong sales of its hit "Dead or Alive 3" game for the Xbox console.

The new forecast is 88 percent higher than its actual profit a year earlier and well above original expectations of 969 million yen.

Tecmo said more than a million copies of "Dead or Alive 3" were sold for the Xbox, the video game machine launched by Microsoft Corp MSFT.O to challenge the dominance of Sony Corp's 6758.T best-selling PlayStation 2 console. ($1=128.59 yen)

Also, bloomberg is also confirming this:
http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi?ptitle=title&T=japan_news_story_kigyo.ht&s=APM9Jch8fg2WDToOC

So thats 2 million sellers in the first 7 months of the consoles life span. Not to shabby.

JJaX
05-01-2002, 09:53 AM
That makes 1,000,000 suckers!!!!

Dude you sig Rocks!!!!!

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 09:54 AM
Wow...that's very cool news, Patience! :)

Kraft
05-01-2002, 09:55 AM
Hey patience, nice to see you on XBA!

GokuX
05-01-2002, 09:55 AM
Not bad. I wonder how many more copies they'd sell if they focused on creating really deep gameplay for DOA 4.

Ninja Scroll
05-01-2002, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the news break yo! I bet you more than 75% of those sales came from the Japanese Xbox launch since it is the best selling title in da land of the rising sun.
Actually, it's the only reason the people over their are buying a Xbox in da first place.
Poor, japanese dont know a good fighting game it it hit dem in their grill piece!:rolleyes:

Even downloading da booster disc from the latest OXM didnt even give me more reason to play this game more than 15 minutes:o

But I am very happy for the overall forcast. Cause Microsoft needs this news to lure more 3rd parties to thier system.

And yes, 2 games selling 1 million copies in 7 months is something Sony nor Nintendo can rave about for their current consoles!;)

Whisper
05-01-2002, 10:16 AM
I'm so bored with my DOA, id almost trade it for Kabuki Warriors (well, not quite)

I don't even think I'll bother getting the booster disc, the game will still be shallow

Ninja Scroll
05-01-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by GokuX
Not bad. I wonder how many more copies they'd sell if they focused on creating really deep gameplay for DOA 4.

Yeah, one thing I cant stand is a button masher fighting game where some off brand gump can beat a vet.
But all ya gotta do is reverse da hell outta him.

Bottom line, DOA3 is way too easy and reveral happy!

but da graphics rule though!:D

JJaX
05-01-2002, 10:26 AM
And i hate when people say dumb stuff like "WILL Soul Calibur 2 Be as good as DOA?!?!??"

Uh Derrrr
Uh Derrrr

Ninja Scroll
05-01-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
And i hate when people say dumb stuff like "WILL Soul Calibur 2 Be as good as DOA?!?!??"

Uh Derrrr
Uh Derrrr

Who said dat JJax? Give me names homie! So I can call dem mo foes out kid!:D

JJaX
05-01-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Who said dat JJax? Give me names homie! So I can call dem mo foes out kid!:D

i dont wanna make anyone here feel like a chump.. But theres a few out there!

RudedogX
05-01-2002, 12:21 PM

Uh Derrrr
Uh Derrrr

Huh?!? What the hell?!? DOA can't hold a candle to Soul Caliber 1 or 2! I may be hoping for MKDA to be better than SC2, but even I am not stupid enough to try to make the comparison of SC to DOA!

Ninja Scroll
05-01-2002, 12:22 PM

i dont wanna make anyone here feel like a chump.. But theres a few out there!

It's offical, JJAx has gone "soft" in da XBA's!:D

LynxFX
05-01-2002, 01:00 PM
PGR has also crossed the 1 million mark.

That is 3 titles in 5 months. Not bad Xbox. :D

Wreckless and Tony Hawk 3 are probably going to be next.

Ninja Scroll
05-01-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
PGR has also crossed the 1 million mark.

That is 3 titles in 5 months. Not bad Xbox. :D

Wreckless and Tony Hawk 3 are probably going to be next.

Im not calling you a lier Lynxfx, but can a Ninja get a link to where you heard PGR went platinum? I just dont believe that!

And I highly doubt THPS3 nor that trash Wackassless with go 1 million strong.
I think the next million seller will be either, .... Brute Force or UT: Championship.:)

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 02:34 PM
Without me, DOA3 would have only sold 999,999 copies...:cool:

Anyway, Wreckless is a good game for screwing around, the missions are too hard, and NO MULTIPLAYER, which sucks.

darianX
05-01-2002, 03:22 PM
Heh, isn't it amazing how a game that SO many people say sucks has sold over a million?? That's funny...Oh and I don't believe the Japanese account for 75% of the sales, good grief, they haven't sold 25% of the systems as they have here!

On a similar note, I think we'll see Spiderman in the top 10 lists next month...I hear it's selling like hotcakes - great news! Matter of fact, it's listed as a top seller on EB and Gamestop's site. Yeah baby!

JJaX
05-01-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Without me, DOA3 would have only sold 999,999 copies...:cool:

Anyway, Wreckless is a good game for screwing around, the missions are too hard, and NO MULTIPLAYER, which sucks.

Wreckless is for Grandparents, Knomes and homeless people. I got about 4 seconds of joy out of that game. And thats when i was sliding it down the return slot at blockbuster.

|EDIT| actually 8 minutes of joy, Because i read the manual while i was taking a steamy dump |/EDIT|

darianX
05-01-2002, 03:28 PM
LOL - Wreckless is a top seller!! I enjoyed it quite a bit even though I almost twisted my controller apart gettin' p1ssed off at it....

JJaX
05-01-2002, 03:30 PM
P.S. My new PIC in my Sig ownz All of you!!

Dag78
05-01-2002, 04:45 PM
Very good to hear DoA is a million seller

Calve
05-01-2002, 04:54 PM
thats cool!!

regardless of what any one says DOA3 is an amazing game (personal opinion) I have had quite a few of fighting games and nothing compares to DOA3!!! i know the lack of modes and all that $hit but it rocks!!!

and btw Ninja if a newb can beat you at DOA3..........YOU SUCK ASS!!!!!!!

Peace

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 05:26 PM
DOA3 dosent suck, its just old now. I loved it when it first came out, but it was too short of a game. I beat the end boss by using the black punch button...

LynxFX
05-01-2002, 05:54 PM
Sorry, no link on me. Just saw it at Team Xbox along with the news about DOA3. Guess they both crossed that 1 million mark at around the same time. I never saw an official announcement though, nor have I searched for one.

Wreckless and Tony Hawk 3 were mentioned because they are the closest to coming to the million mark. No doubt Brute Force or UC will go platinum but those aren't out yet. :)

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 05:59 PM
Same with Project Ego, my friend says he wants to get an Xbox just for that game itself.