PDA

View Full Version : First ever PANZER DRAGOON screens .... OMG

Old Sckool
05-01-2002, 01:45 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_100/vortal_pic_50394.jpg

Link to screen shot 1
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_100/vortal_pic_50394.jpg

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_100/vortal_pic_50395.jpg

Link to screen shot 2
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_100/vortal_pic_50395.jpg

Oh yes plzzzz

What Computer and Video games had to say about the new screens.

Bok! The first images from Panzer Dragoon Xbox, one of the most eagerly awaited titles on any format, have been blasted into our lives courtesy of Sega and have caused more chaos and devastation than any manky May Day riot could ever hope to achieve. So powerful is this game, a US journalist was reportedly reduced to tears following a recent showing behind closed doors. Not getting excited about this game should be made illegal, and those culpable publicly flogged in the streets. Holy. Smokes.
Absolutely no information has been released on the game, and all we really know is that it is to be shown at this year's E3 and it's being developed by a different team to those who worked on the original Saturn version. But do you really want more information right now? Or are you going to look at these screens then soil your bed until it needs to be disintegrated? Well? The stench is already overpowering.

Look at the graphics! Feel the immeasurable might of the fire-breathing dragon of justice! Squeal like a small child as you shudder in terror, faced with enormous, foreboding environments of death! Oh. My. God. Who said Xbox didn't have any big titles on the horizon?

We have nothing left to say. Just watch and learn. Then s*** the bed.

DaturaX
05-01-2002, 02:15 PM
Those look nice indeed.Cant wait.

patience
05-01-2002, 02:36 PM
So powerful is this game, a US journalist was reportedly reduced to tears following a recent showing behind closed doors. Not getting excited about this game should be made illegal, and those culpable publicly flogged in the streets. Holy. Smokes.

I love that quote. This game is going to bury everything.
*Lights candle for Sega*

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 02:40 PM
To be dead honest, I've never played the game but have only heard amazing things about it. What is this game about and what genre would it be classified as?:confused:

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 02:49 PM
Dosent look like I would have too much fun with it...and the graphics for Enclave blow those shots away, and every other game I have ever seen...when you talk about good graphics, you should be talking about Enclave.

DZNUTZ
05-01-2002, 02:49 PM
i was gonna say exactly what max said.....so ditto.

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Dosent look like I would have too much fun with it...and the graphics for Enclave blow those shots away, and every other game I have ever seen...when you talk about good graphics, you should be talking about Enclave.

While Enclave is d a m n impressive, I strongly recommend checking out Strident...go to Gamespot and watch the movie of it. Honestly, I think Strident even puts Enclave to shame! No joke!!! It's a FPS :D

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 03:02 PM
Nothing can put Enclave to shame, NOTHING. It's physically impossible.

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 03:04 PM
Nothing can put Enclave to shame, NOTHING. It's physically impossible.

Did you check out the movie for Strident? I strongly recommend it...just go to Gamespot :D

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 03:08 PM
I just got done watching it...very cool. The guy with the robot arm, hes awesome. The animation is smooth at times, but needs more frames in many spots...the textures are mud compared to Enclave's. But anyway, Im looking forward to both games. Thankx for the heads up Maximus.:)

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 03:12 PM
I just got done watching it...very cool. The guy with the robot arm, hes awesome. The animation is smooth at times, but needs more frames in many spots...the textures are mud compared to Enclave's. But anyway, Im looking forward to both games. Thankx for the heads up Maximus.:)

Hey, no problem! Don't get me wrong, I'm all over Enclave...it's a completely different game! And, yes, very impressive! About Strident: I realize that this is streaming video, which never is as impressive as the real deal, but, even that looks amazing! I can't wait to see more info on Strident, too!

By the way, about Panzer Dragoon, what kind of game is this? I've never played it, but, have only heard great things about it. What genre is it?

CoMATOSE
05-01-2002, 03:12 PM
................nuff said this games ruuuuuuuude!!!:eek:

Old Sckool
05-01-2002, 04:23 PM
Ok check out the hi res pics for PD

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/050102/sega/panzerdragoon/panzer_screen002.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/050102/sega/panzerdragoon/panzer_screen001.jpg

Sorry but the PD looks just as good if not better then Enclave.

cornflake
05-01-2002, 04:27 PM
woohoo!!!!! those high res shots put them on the hush mouth!

monkeyman
05-01-2002, 04:44 PM
hmmm interesting but what do you do in the game??

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 05:18 PM
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/041202/enclave/enclave_screen001.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/041202/enclave/enclave_screen005.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2001/vgnews/102901/enclave/enclave_screen006.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2001/vgnews/102901/enclave/enclave_screen010.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2001/vgnews/102901/enclave/enclave_screen007.jpg

And NO, those are NOT the best quality shots either, as you can see from the .jpg extension...but it still looks orgasmic.http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2001/vgnews/102901/enclave/enclave_screen017.jpg

Spaztic
05-01-2002, 05:27 PM
Panzer dragoon is a game that is auto scrolling, thus the game moves you along, and you hold a triger that highlights your targets and then you hit a button to shoot at them. I played the original on the Sega Saturn, to be honest this is the last game I would ever buy! I thought it had some decent eye candy but the game play is so weak and boring that it is going to be a $50 beer coaster in no time. I don't believe this game was ever remade!

as far as enclave, you obviously have not seen the screens on ign. the ones you have are great looking but they are the ones picked by the developers to show. The ones on ign look pretty week. I am going to guess that this is going to be another over hyped game that falls short. I must say the idea is intriguing, even though I am not throwing in my chips yet, I am certainly not holding my breath on this game! Only time will tell, just don't set yourself up for a disappointment!

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 05:35 PM
The ones on IGN are almost the same, but not as good quality. But thats not the game looking bad, its the people trying to make the filesize smaller.

Hugh_Jass
05-01-2002, 09:29 PM
The great thing about this discussion is that PD & Enclave both have incredible graphics.

I'm so glad I own an XBOX! There are SO MANY great looking games coming out that I don't know when I'll have time to play them all.

MixMasta
05-01-2002, 09:59 PM
pd and enclave look great!!

what is Strident?? i never heard of it. who makes it?/ whats it about??

Plewis
05-01-2002, 10:13 PM
so many great games, so little money:(

Ninja Scroll
05-02-2002, 08:57 AM
Those are the first Panzer Dragoon pics I have ever seen.
Their impressive, but im not drooling over them or anything.

I owned the original on Sega Saturn. As someone said previously, the game would move you along automatically and you were jsut left to shoot,..shoot,...and well...shoot.
Gameplay was weak.
But it was the sequels to this very game that had everyone screaming for more Panzer!
It was Panzer Dragoon Saga that was the classic of the series. It was RPG based and very original.

We need more info on this Xbox exclusive before we can just right it off, as most of you already have. And that's jsut based on a couple pics!:rolleyes: Pitiful.

Steve1987
05-02-2002, 05:11 PM
Other screenshots of Panzer Dragon have been taken off sites, as Sega says it's a little to early or something.
I thought i'd missed out, then i saw this post and i finally got a look. The graphics for this game look amazing, same for Enclave but like the others have said if the gameplay is so weak, why is everyone so excited about it.
That's just my opinion, i've never played Panzer dragon on any system, so i was just going on the other posts info about gameplay.
Cheers :)

K-j
05-03-2002, 11:01 AM
I was going to suggest looking at the high-res pics at Gamespot, but here they are in this forum (nice one!).

The Enclave graphics are nothing new to those who have SEVERANCE: Blade of Darkness on the PC, running at 1600x1200. But the Panzer games in HighRes?! That's something to look forward to!

The new game for the XBOX (Orta or Otra?) I think is going to be like the first two were on the Saturn, frantic shootem' up.

Although I still can't wait to get me hands on it, what they should realy be doing is a sequel to Panzer Dragoon Saga. It came on 4 cds and had arcade and RPG elements, great gameplay, great sound and graphics, atmosphere, it p***ed on everything else from a great height!!!

Ninja Scroll
05-03-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by K-j
Although I still can't wait to get me hands on it, what they should realy be doing is a sequel to Panzer Dragoon Saga. It came on 4 cds and had arcade and RPG elements, great gameplay, great sound and graphics, atmosphere, it p***ed on everything else from a great height!!!

Atleast someone else knows where im coming from when it comes to the Panzer Dragoon series.
Most of these repliesto this thread are coming from nucklehead who never owned a Sega Saturn so they never experienced the glory of Panzer Dragoon Saga.
Poor kids dont know what they are missing with this classic Sega Saturn title.

But your right K-J. If they went back to hte RPG elements of Saga then this new version on the Xbox would be a force to be reconed with for real.
But E3 will tell all. I cant wait!:)

GRAVEDIGGER
05-03-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls
Panzer dragoon is a game that is auto scrolling, thus the game moves you along, and you hold a triger that highlights your targets and then you hit a button to shoot at them. I played the original on the Sega Saturn, to be honest this is the last game I would ever buy! I thought it had some decent eye candy but the game play is so weak and boring that it is going to be a $50 beer coaster in no time. I don't believe this game was ever remade!

Dam, i didnt know that Panzer Dragoon was auto scrolling....now i hate the dam thing automatically, because i cant stand and autoscrolling in any game! And to think i was gonna get this crap..pshh...autoscrolling..got me !@$#$ up.

Untill next time...:mad:

K-j
05-03-2002, 01:22 PM
Don't let the auto scrolling put you off. Using the shoulder buttons on the joypad, you could look around, and in the XBOX game, the levels 'branch off', different routes to take!

Alright, maybe this isn't completely ground breaking stuff, but it will kick a** and show the other consoles who's boss.

Panzer Dragoon Saga wasn't a straight shooter, you could fly freely, land in different areas, interract. DAMN! SEGA!!!! LISTEN UP!!!!!!! Make a sequel to PANZER DRAGOON SAGA!!!!

They even left the ending open as if they plan to do one! We don't know what happened to the main character for Christ's Sake!!!!!!

It's good that a Scrolling (?!) Ninja can enjoy video games! It's also good to hear from someone who had the sense to get a Saturn. It was never about which machine was better, to me (SATURN or PLAYSTATION), it was about the games. The SEGA SATURN won this hands down, with the PANZER DRAGOON games alone. Quality, people, quality. Get excited, and where ever possible, cry out for a SAGA Sequel!!!!!!!

Ninja Scroll
05-03-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by K-j

It's good that a Scrolling (?!) Ninja can enjoy video games! It's also good to hear from someone who had the sense to get a Saturn. It was never about which machine was better, to me (SATURN or PLAYSTATION), it was about the games. The SEGA SATURN won this hands down, with the PANZER DRAGOON games alone. Quality, people, quality. Get excited, and where ever possible, cry out for a SAGA Sequel!!!!!!!

K-J, I dont know much about you my fellow XBA'er, but I like your style :cool: Consider yourself my new XBA nephew!:D

It's a shame Saturn died a quick death in da U.S. cause outside of it's difficult developement boards it was as good or better system than the PSOne.
And im with ya junior, Panzer Dragoon Saga is the way Sega should aproach this upcoming Xbox version.
But who knows, maybe they will?:)
E3 will tell all!:cool:

K-j
05-03-2002, 03:08 PM
I still have me old Saturn here in ye oldy England, hooked up to a massive 56" TV. The games are still great to play.

My American Ninja friend, you must also be a man with style and great taste!

Gonna have to think up a catchy tune/song to try and get the message across to people here you Rank 1 for excitement, how little they know...

GokuX
05-03-2002, 06:10 PM
How come the Saturn gets all the lovin, but nobody recognizes the little system that could, the 32X. It's my third favorite system to date. Anyways it's nice to see they're finally rounding the edges on rock faces.

K-j
05-04-2002, 05:31 AM
Yeah, the 32X was ok, it was the first 32bit console maybe? Or maybe not properly, as it just updated the old Megadrive/Genesis 16bit.

Anyways, the 32X was never graced with a Panzer Dragoon game, which is why it is pretty pointless giving it any mentioning in this thread.