PDA

View Full Version : Which ONE game that is released this month (May) are you most hyped about? POLL

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 03:36 PM
Which game would it be? Feel free to express your feelings about it :D

AppoX
05-01-2002, 03:42 PM
gta3 if it comes out in may, which it isn't going to :(

faceoff508
05-01-2002, 03:43 PM
Hunter the Reckoning, all the way!!:p :p

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 03:45 PM
I'm with you, Faceoff...I voted for Hunter, though, I must admit, the more I learn about Morrowind, I'm starting to feel inclined to buy it! But, Hunter definately has me the most hyped!!!! :D

faceoff508
05-01-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I'm with you, Faceoff...I voted for Hunter, though, I must admit, the more I learn about Morrowind, I'm starting to feel inclined to buy it! But, Hunter definately has me the most hyped!!!! :D
Why dont you get both? thats what i am doing.

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508

Why dont you get both? thats what i am doing.

I'm really starting to consider that. You see, I've never been a huge RPG guy, but, then again, I can't say that I have ever truly played a full-fledged RPG. I mean, I've played Zelda and Azurik and stuff, but, of course, those are not true RPGs...more like action/adventure games that have *some* RPG elements to them.

With that said, I'm a little skeptical in that I don't think Morrowind will have enough action for me. But, I recently heard (today, in fact) from some of our fellow addicts that it can be played in first-person and the controls reflect those of Halo! Those two peices of additional info along with some amazing visuals and features makes Morrowind sound like a purchase. But, I think I may wait a couple days after it's been out before I actually do it :)

DZNUTZ
05-01-2002, 03:54 PM
not a bad call max....me personally..i pre-ordered morrowind and hunter.... :eek:

and i voted for morrowind for 2 reason's ...first ..u didn't make a multiple selection option poll so i couldn't vote for morrowwind and Hunter...so i just voted for morrowind cuz its one of the first real RPGz available, its supossed to take up to 500 hours, and it will round out my collection nicely;)

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
not a bad call max....me personally..i pre-ordered morrowind and hunter.... :eek:

and i voted for morrowind for 2 reason's ...first ..u didn't make a multiple selection option poll so i couldn't vote for morrowwind and Hunter...so i just voted for morrowind cuz its one of the first real RPGz available, its supossed to take up to 500 hours, and it will round out my collection nicely;)

That makes great sense, dude! I voted Hunter because it has me the most "hyped"..even over Ghost Recon and Morrowind :)

DZNUTZ
05-01-2002, 03:56 PM
btw..is ghost recon really supossed to be comming out the 19th of this month!?!?!:eek: even if that date is supossdly correct...i'd bet its not gonna hit the selfs this month.

ya know what would suck...if i lost that bet..then i'd be out of pocket for losing a bet, buying hunter, buying morrowind, and then HAVING to buy ghost recon....(cuz thats a must own title....CAN U SAY ONLINE!!!!!!

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 03:58 PM
btw..is ghost recon really supossed to be comming out the 19th of this month!?!?!:eek: even if that date is supossdly correct...i'd bet its not gonna hit the selfs this month.

ya know what would suck...if i lost that bet..then i'd be out of pocket for losing a bet, buying hunter, buying morrowind, and then HAVING to buy ghost recon....(cuz thats a must own title....CAN U SAY ONLINE!!!!!!

I'm not sure, actually. All I know is that I was basing those dates according to what XBA had listed. Good question, though :eek:

DZNUTZ
05-01-2002, 03:59 PM
btw max...i watched the preview of hunter (on one of my older OXM discs) like 5 times last night........my cuz was all like "DAAAAAMNNNN That looks sweet" and i'm all "yea thats the game i told u i already pr-ordered" in my best rub it in your face voice!!!:eek:

toobad u don't suscribe...u would of loved it;)

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 04:05 PM
btw max...i watched the preview of hunter (on one of my older OXM discs) like 5 times last night........my cuz was all like "DAAAAAMNNNN That looks sweet" and i'm all "yea thats the game i told u i already pr-ordered" in my best rub it in your face voice!!!:eek:

toobad u don't suscribe...u would of loved it;)

D a m n i t, DZNUTZ!!! How do I order? :D

DZNUTZ
05-01-2002, 04:11 PM
https://commerce.cdsfulfillment.com/BOX/subscriptions.cgi

go...NOW
don't walk...RUN....don't pass go...do not collect 200
DO remeber to thank me:D

p.s. if for some reason u don't want to suscribe online (which i URRRRGE u to do) i can snail mail u a suscription card. you'll just have to pm me.

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 04:16 PM
https://commerce.cdsfulfillment.com/BOX/subscriptions.cgi

go...NOW
don't walk...RUN....don't pass go...do not collect 200
DO remeber to thank me:D

p.s. if for some reason u don't want to suscribe online (which i URRRRGE u to do) i can snail mail u a suscription card. you'll just have to pm me.

Sweet! Thanks, dude! Finally! Something to look forward to other than bills! :D

DZNUTZ
05-01-2002, 04:21 PM
np max..i'm just glad you've finally suscribed...its a hell of a deal....and belive me...your gonna be SOOOOOO stoked after recieving your first issue.

Spaztic
05-01-2002, 04:30 PM
But, I think I may wait a couple days after it's been out before I actually do it

I am with you on this one. Honestly this game looks really good. But if you all don't remember there was this game called daggerfall that this company made. It had tons of bugs and it was one of those games that people either loved or hated. I am truely interested in this game but honestly with all the other awsome games comming out I don't see myself playing this game 100+ hours, besides I don't have that kind of time to waste! I will wait until this game comes out used @ funcoland or something. With Hunter and Ghost Recon comming out I just don't see myself playing this game, and I really like RPG's. I am probably just going to wait for project ego, granted it only has 20 hours of gameplay but I like to start games that I know I will finish!

Calve
05-01-2002, 04:39 PM
MORROWIND:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Peace

ScorpionX
05-01-2002, 04:49 PM
Hunter! This game looks awesome.

xboxman_1
05-01-2002, 04:58 PM
Well, I've been stoked about Ghost Recon ever since it was announced for the xbox....but I hate to say it, I don't think it's coming out this month. EGM has had it on their release dates list up until the June issue, which I just got about 4 days ago. It had Ghost Recon removed from the May list, so I suspect it's been pushed to september, when Xbox Live should be released.

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
Well, I've been stoked about Ghost Recon ever since it was announced for the xbox....but I hate to say it, I don't think it's coming out this month. EGM has had it on their release dates list up until the June issue, which I just got about 4 days ago. It had Ghost Recon removed from the May list, so I suspect it's been pushed to september, when Xbox Live should be released.

I think you're actually right. When I made this poll, I was basing it on the dates that XBA had listed and, now that I think about it, I didn't realize at the time that it may not be coming this month.

If you think about it, though, it really makes sense that they would wait until XBox Live launches! Man, I can't wait! It's going to be like Nov 15th, 2001 again! :D

xboxman_1
05-01-2002, 05:11 PM
But hopefully it will be before Nov.15! From what I read in EGM the server isn't looking to be up before this fall.

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
But hopefully it will be before Nov.15! From what I read in EGM the server isn't looking to be up before this fall.

hehe...I meant November 15th of the year 2001 :D That's the day that XBox launched in North America! :D Basically, I was saying that I am just as excited for XBox Live to come out as I was when XBox actually launched!!! :D

xboxman_1
05-01-2002, 05:17 PM
I knew what you meant.

Snoopy7548
isnt outlaw golf comin out this month? if so, im so excited about this game. it looks so awesome, i love golf and beating people up, so this is the perfect game for me, lol (except i dont beat people up, but it would be fun):D :D

iliveonafarm
If ghost Recon actually comes out, it will be my first purchase. other than that, i'll be checking out morrowind and hunter and probably test drive.

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 05:22 PM
To avoid any confusion, those dates are in fact the SHIPPING DATES, so dont get too hyped over a date where all you can do it wait longer.

Anyway, Morrowind all the way. Hunter/Ghost Recon next.

DZNUTZ
05-01-2002, 05:22 PM
outlaw golf got pushed back till june 15th:(

my guess tho is that it will be worth the wait:D

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
To avoid any confusion, those dates are in fact the SHIPPING DATES, so dont get too hyped over a date where all you can do it wait longer.

Anyway, Morrowind all the way. Hunter/Ghost Recon next.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!! Why did I know you were going to post this?! BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! :D

DZNUTZ
05-01-2002, 05:31 PM
give it a rest EHW..fo real
....:rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

EHWfedPres
I'll be the one laughing when everyone is like MORROWIND COMES OUT TODAY, ITS THE 15TH!!!!! And everyone wastes gas money driving to EB and making themselves look like a total idiot...and then having to wait and gettin pyssed off...

But why get hyped over a date in which all you can do it wait longer? Why not just say Morrowind - May 1st? Same as saying the 15th.

monkeyman
morrowind all the way cause its endless replay and a new way of gaming WOO!!!!!

but still project ego will be better

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 05:32 PM
I'll stop getting pyssed off when people realize...'Wait, thats not the correct release date...' All you can do on the 15th is wait for Morrowind, so why even bother telling people it comes out then when it dosent? You are wrong, so I have a right to be mad.

and yes, Ego will be better probably.

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 05:33 PM
I'll be the one laughing when everyone is like MORROWIND COMES OUT TODAY, ITS THE 15TH!!!!! And everyone wastes gas money driving to EB and making themselves look like a total idiot...and then having to wait and gettin pyssed off...

But why get hyped over a date in which all you can do it wait longer? Why not just say Morrowind - May 1st? Same as saying the 15th.

BWHAHAHAHA!! Dude, I wasn't picking on you for the information, I was just waiting to see how long it would take you to post that those are the shipping dates! BWAHAHAHAHAH!!! :D

DZNUTZ
05-01-2002, 05:33 PM
:rolleyes:

dude...you've posted it a million times....
every knows the diffirence
u can stop already
SHEESH...some folks:confused:

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 05:34 PM
Everyone knows the difference, but they dont know enough to post correct information. Thats just plain ignorance and being downright rude.

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 05:35 PM
Everyone knows the difference, but they dont know enough to post correct information. Thats just plain ignorance and being downright rude.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Everyone knows that when a date is posted that it's the shipping date! Not the availability date!! BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!

Snoopy7548
05-01-2002, 05:36 PM
max is having a laughing attack, u alright max? lol:D

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 05:37 PM
Whats so special about a shipping date anyway? If I dont have the game on that date, it means as much as last friday to me...

DZNUTZ
05-01-2002, 05:37 PM
i wasn't gonna tell u this ehw.....but i started feeling bad

its a big insiderjoke/conspiracy just to annoy u

i can't recall seeing any threads with people being confused over the whole shipdate/selfdate thing....so u don't need to mention it in EVERY thread.

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 05:38 PM
Whats so special about a shipping date anyway? If I dont have the game on that date, it means as much as last friday to me...

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA!!! Dude! If you want to change how the entire industry works, then....GOOD LUCK!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 05:40 PM
Entire industry? Why dont you have common sence and post the date that the games becomes playable? Or at least say 'Dumbåsses need not confuse shipping and release dates'

DZNUTZ
05-01-2002, 05:44 PM
i'm guessing since its common knowledge (belive it or not) and its not needed to be said..also i don't think he'd use the word dumbasses because hes not RUDE and doesn't INSULT people all the time like U EHW....

cmon now..just knock it off...u know your whole shipdate issue annoys the hell out of everyone...are u just trying to accomplish being the annoying one or whats your deal. don't reply...just stop.:)

jschelm
05-01-2002, 05:46 PM
Entire industry? Why dont you have common sence and post the date that the games becomes playable? Or at least say 'Dumbåsses need not confuse shipping and release dates'

Here is an idea Max - redo the poll so that it says like May 16-22nd becuase if it is shipped on the 15th then it could easily take a week for it to get to a store in your town.

EHW - The reason that shipping dates are used is because that is what is CONSTANT FOR THE ENTIRE COUNTRY. The USPS,UPS and FedEX can't get together and make sure that they deliver to the stores at the same exact time.

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 05:46 PM
I'll stop when I see correct information.

But its not too often that you see Maximus starting shyt like this.

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 05:47 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! *hicup!* :confused: BWHAHAHAHHAA!!! :D

Dude! If I lack common sense, then, I guess the entire industry lacks common sense when they announce release dates! Yes!!! They are, in reality, SHIPPING DATES! But, why in the "H" "E" "Double Hockey sticks" do you p!ss and moan about it and you, yourself, LACK COMMON SENSE that this is the way the industry prefers to announce game releases on the world wide web!??!

Quit dumping on my posts, man!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!

E-Xbox
05-01-2002, 05:48 PM
without a doubt...morrowind!

peace

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 05:48 PM
Why dont people just post the release dates? Nobody here works for FedEx (I dont think), and all we care about it playing the game, not when it arrives at the store...plus you can do nothing with the game on the 15th, so why even mention it? Why not post the date when the load it on the truck? Or when the make the copies of the game? Or when the announce its coming to Xbox? All those dates mean nothing, the release date is all the matters. End of discussion.

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 05:50 PM
Why dont people just post the release dates? Nobody here works for FedEx (I dont think), and all we care about it playing the game, not when it arrives at the store...plus you can do nothing with the game on the 15th, so why even mention it? Why not post the date when the load it on the truck? Or when the make the copies of the game? Or when the announce its coming to Xbox? All those dates mean nothing, the release date is all the matters. End of discussion.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!! I guess you need the last word!! BWHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

"Why" do you ask? Well, let us know "why" after you contact each individual 1st and 3rd party game developer and tell us "why"!!

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!

Oh man, I'm dying over here.... *hicup*

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 05:52 PM
Maximus, what do you need to know? I just said 'to avoid confusion' and you explode and start all this...I was just clarifying it for those who dont know the difference of dates. I guess being considerate these days dosent work very well...

jschelm
Originally posted by Maximus

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!! I guess you need the last word!! BWHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

"Why" do you ask? Well, let us know "why" after you contact each individual 1st and 3rd party game developer and tell us "why"!!

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!

Oh man, I'm dying over here.... *hicup*

Max - Take a breather for a sec (read as have a beer)

lol

I think you are fighting a losing battle trying to get him to understand theat a game is available on different days in every area to actually pickup at the store.

DZNUTZ
its like talking to a brick wall with u EHW (probably cuz ya'll both have the same level of intelligence)..did ya happen to notice...your the ONLY person with your viewpoint....everyone else disagress with ya...so y don't u do yourself and everyother xba member a favor..and STFU

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 05:53 PM
its like talking to a brick wall with u EHW (probably cuz ya'll both have the same level of intelligence)..did ya happen to notice...your the ONLY person with your viewpoint....everyone else disagress with ya...so y don't u do yourself and everyother xba member a favor..and STFU

Let the flaming being. Just dont blame me for what you/Maximus started.

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 05:55 PM
Maximus, what do you need to know? I just said 'to avoid confusion' and you explode and start all this...I was just clarifying it for those who dont know the difference of dates. I guess being considerate these days dosent work very well...

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Dude!!!! Grow up!! EVERYONE KNOWS that those are shipping dates! Come on now!! Like JSchelum said, every store may get it on a different day! It, obviously, doesn't make sense for a game developer to say that games are going to be available in a certain WEEK!!

BWAHAAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Now, could you tell me how to be considerate again?? I warn you, though...I may get an ulser!!

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!! :D

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by jschelm

Max - Take a breather for a sec (read as have a beer)

lol

Good idea! A nice cold beer may help me get rid of my hicups! :D

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 05:58 PM
maximus, I dont want to argue. It I did, I would have started it a long time ago. Just dont ever say that the game will be released on the shipping date, because that really pysses me off. I know you didnt say that this time, but dont ever say that. Thats just being stupid. Ok? Now calm down, get off the floor and sit in your chair, and take a sip of ice cold beer, and relax.:)

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 06:00 PM
maximus, I dont want to argue. It I did, I would have started it a long time ago. Just dont ever say that the game will be released on the shipping date, because that really pysses me off. I know you didnt say that this time, but dont ever say that. Thats just being stupid. Ok? Now calm down, get off the floor and sit in your chair, and take a sip of ice cold beer, and relax.:)

Dude, I guess you never learn! No where did I say that those are release dates OR shipping dates, for that matter. But, any true gamer KNOWS that games don't arrive at all stores around the world AT THE SAME TIME! :rolleyes:

DZNUTZ
05-01-2002, 06:01 PM
if he didn't say that this time...then y did u respond?:confused:

DZNUTZ hands EHW an award for the most annoying XBA member ever.

ftyards
05-01-2002, 06:09 PM
Every time, why must I keep seeing this dude fighting with people about the dates we all know.

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 06:21 PM
if he didn't say that this time...then y did u respond?:confused:

I said 'to avoid confusion' Mainly for those who dont know the date difference. I try to help out...

LynxFX
05-01-2002, 06:49 PM
GTA3 on the PC

and Test Drive on the Xbox. *Crosses fingers in hope that it is 1080i*

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 06:51 PM
I hope GTA3 comes to Xbox soon so people stop whining about it.

Whisper
05-01-2002, 07:16 PM
Morrowind Looks great being non-linear and being a long game, but you gotta love Tom Clancy! GHOST RECON GETS MY VOTE!

Toast
05-01-2002, 07:17 PM
the elder scrolls three most definetly.

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 07:18 PM
Im looking forward to both Ghost Recon and Morrowind. I love non-linaer rpg's and I love squad-based strategic shooters...as long as their online...