PDA

View Full Version : IF you had $150 what XBOX stuff would you buy

borka105
05-01-2002, 06:26 PM
That's right my b-day is on the 11th and I am thinking that I will get over $150 bucks in money. My questions is if you had $150 what would you buy (XBOX stuff only)?

I am not just talking about games, I know a lot of you feel that if you had that 60-100 extra bucks you would go out and get that racing wheel for rallisport/ pgr , or grab a new S controller.

What should I get with my $150 in the month of May?
What would you get?

-Borka105

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 06:27 PM
What I would buy will probably be stuff you wouldnt like, and same with a majority of people. But I dunno, probably hunter and ghost recon when they come out, witht he strategy guides to go with them. (I already got Morrowind for free)

ftyards
05-01-2002, 06:30 PM
I would get 2 S controllers and Hunter

borka105
05-01-2002, 06:31 PM
Like what would you buy that others would not like.?

I saw your arguement with Max about the release date, and I have to say that I completly agree with you. I think that you guys should just chill out, and enjoy the awesome inverntion that is the xbox. You guys take these things to seriously, and I am sure Max and everyone else knows what you are talking about and will take it under consideration.

Just my 2 cents.

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 06:34 PM
Well I just dotn like how people hype a meaningless date...

but anyway...

Im sure there are sports fans out there...and I would not buy any sports games. Maybe you like sports games and dislike RPG's or shooters. I would buy Morrowind and Ghost Recon and perhaps you wouldnt like those games...who knows.

monkeyman
05-01-2002, 06:37 PM
just me

1 memory card

1 dvd playback kit

1 morrowind

1 hunter

GokuX
05-01-2002, 06:37 PM
Racing wheel for sure. Arcade stick would come in second place.

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 06:39 PM
I wouldnt buy a memory card because not may people around here have an Xbox that I know as a friend...but I wouldnt mind a dvd kit...

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Well I just dotn like how people hype a meaningless date...

Look, dude...this is the last time I'm going to say this. Read this closely:

Most intelligent people already understand that games are shipped on the date that developers provide. And, every intelligent person understands that not every retail store will receive games all at the same time in a specific country.

Get over it and grow up. :rolleyes:

Dag78
05-01-2002, 06:45 PM
well this would just be me but i would buy

Dead or Alive 3
Spider Man
a new periphial like a racing wheel or arcade stick

but that is just me

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 06:47 PM
I still dont see why a shipping date is so important. Means nothing to me.

Dar
05-01-2002, 06:52 PM
I would get:

-Kabuki Warriors
-Kabuki Warriors
-Kabuki Warriors

Nah, seriously I would get morrowind, maybe that pirates game(heard its pretty good). Not enough money for a third so I would rent stuff that I wouldn't buy: Nightcaster and maybe a snowboarding game(never played one) I'd also try JSRF.

Snoopy7548
05-01-2002, 06:52 PM
i would buy a memory card to save my games on, just in case something happened to my xbox. i would also buy another controller and maybe a game or two:D

l Maximus l
05-01-2002, 07:11 PM

Then ignore it and stop acting like a little baby if other people want to discuss it. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean that others don't like to talk about it.

Snoopy7548
05-01-2002, 07:12 PM
ooooooh, maximus just shut someone down, lol. thats the first time ive even seen max mad at someone:eek: :D

Toast
05-01-2002, 07:12 PM
morrowind....morrowind...morrowind

Snoopy7548
05-01-2002, 07:15 PM

yea, kinda the same to me also. i mean, what if the game is delayed? and the shipping date DOES NOT mean anything. just because it ships on like the 20th, doesnt mean that the stores will have it the 20th, for all we know, they may get it on the 22nd, 23rd, or even 25th.:D ::goes and hides in a corner waiting for max to yell at him:: lol:D

Calve
05-01-2002, 07:18 PM
Morrowind (May 17)
Ghost Recon (May 19)
OXM Subscription

Keep the rest of the money for rentals and so on......but then again thats just me........

Peace

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 07:21 PM
OXM subscription, hell yeah.

But I dong get why one of the subscription papers says you save 64% (60something, i think it was 4), but another says you save like 74%...for the same amount of issues at the same price...who knows...OXM also says they will have huge previews in the next issue when he finally get them 4 issues later...

borka105
05-01-2002, 07:32 PM
I know people will start bashing me, but can someone explain what HUNTER is. I follow up on all the things about xbox, but Hunter has been something that I know nothing of. Can someone explain what kind of game it is?
What the storyline or background of it is?
Also waht are you supposed to do in hunter?

Right now I see a lot of people saying Morrownind, the thing though that I hate the most is starting a game and never finishing it. I am afraid that will happen with morrowind.

Another question- What's the point of an arcade stick? How is it better than a normal controller?

thanks
-Borka105

ps. I got my oxm subscription, so I don't need that.

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 07:38 PM
Have you ever had the sense that those around were not quite what they seemed? Or perhaps you suspect that there are forces influencing this world that you cannot see. According to premise of Hunter: The Reckoning, you may be more correct than you could have ever imagined. To be more exact, you are catching a peripheral glimpse at the horrifying reality; we live in a world infested by creatures of the damned. The catch? They look just like you and I.

This is the world that High-Voltage and White Wolf will be plunging Xbox players into with their up-coming title, Hunter: The Reckoning. You play the role of a Hunter; the ultimate anti-hero. As a Hunter, you have the gift and curse of being able to see through these monsters' façade. Therefore, you are bound to hunt them down and rid the planet of their evil. Of course, the duality of this ability comes in to play when you realize that, to the average person, you appear to be nothing but a murderer. Now exiled from the life you once new and faced with an overwhelming evil, you must partner with those of your kind, the Hunters, and draw your battle lines in the shadows.

Starting the game, you choose one of four Hunters; A priest, a convict, a rave girl, or an ex-cop. While little is known about the specifics, each character will have his/her own unique abilities as well as their own motive and background so your choice will influence the game. However, no matter which character you choose, all four will play a part in the story, as you will bump into one-another throughout the game.

Your battle takes place over more than twenty levels. Ranging from an old Church to a subway station, there is more than enough variations to keep the player interested and give the game an expansive feel. Although very few of the levels have been shown, they are likely to carry over the dark and foreboding feel of the Church shown at E3.

With an emphasis on action, Hunter: The Reckoning proved its mettle at E3 by finding an excellent balance between frantic combat and simple controls. More often than not, you will find yourself pitted against a seemingly overwhelming number of the Undead. The well-tuned controls (reminiscent of those seen in Xbox FPS games; one analog stick for movement and the other for aiming) make mowing down the waves of enemies addictive and fun rather than dull and repetitious.

The tools at your disposal are appropriate for a band of outcasts. Along with your special abilities, you will be able to equip yourself with relatively common weapons such as axe’s, swords and shotguns. At E3, we were able to hack and blast the beasts were pleased to find (in a guilty sort of way) that our hard work was paid for with gobs and gobs of blood. Make no mistake about it, Hunter: The Reckoning is a violent game and not for the squeamish. However, for the rest of us it only serves to drive the player forward and help increase the sense of urgency.

Along side the single player game is the potential for an amazing multiplayer experience. High-voltage has not only included the standard affair but has also included a cooperative mode. To allow for so many players on screen, the camera will take on a Gauntlet style view and then pulls back as the players get farther apart. With so few games including this style of multiplayer action, we couldn’t be happier that is has been implemented in such an addictive and exciting title.

In terms of graphics, the game is coming along very well. While still far from being finished, the character models are excellent and well defined and the levels are appropriately dark and moody. Most impressive is the sheer number of creatures on the screen at one time. Aside from the ten-plus Zombies we were often combating there were always more in the background lumbering our way. With that many AI enemies on the screen at once plus your characters shotgun blazing, the effect is nothing short of hypnotizing.

Altogether, Hunter the Reckoning is a surprisingly fun game. What could have been yet another derivative game ended up being one of our highly anticipated titles. If you are looking for a challenging but easy to pick up game that with fully featured single and multiplayer gameplay then you should consider “Hunter: The Reckoning” early next year.

borka105
05-01-2002, 07:54 PM
It osunds cool......sort of like Resident Evil(Which I am not a fan of)> I liked Halo and Max Payne because they seemed realistic and believable in every sort. This game sounds to farfetched. It seems it will be a lot like Resident Evil meets house of the dead3. I wil probably rent this before buying or view others reviews.

The game that I know I will be buying are FIFA2002 right now- It's World Cup time. Other than that, a racing wheel sounds nice for pgr, rallisport, and wreckless. But is it worth $60, and is it worth to buy it just for these 3 games????? Voice your opinions if you have it, or are thinking about it.

thanks
-Borka105

btw..... offtopic, but I have tonyhwak3 for trade....anyone interested?

EHWfedPres
05-01-2002, 07:57 PM
Hunter has shared screen Multiplayer, so it wont get old as fast as resident evil did...1 and 1/2 hours to complete the game, that includes screwing around, exploring nd what not...resident evil wasnt that good...it was very hard without gameshark too...which sucked.

MixMasta
05-01-2002, 09:00 PM
would buy hunter, 2 new controllers, and a dvd remote

Donaldson
05-01-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by borka105
I liked Halo and Max Payne because they seemed realistic and believable in every sort.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't see Halo as realistic and believable in every sort. I love the game, but don't see it as too realisitic.

Young_Fledgling
05-01-2002, 10:58 PM
the games i am looking forward to in no particular order are:

1. Medal of honor
2. NHL 2003
3. Ghost recon (tom clancy)
4 GTA 3
5. Outlaw golf
6. Midtown Madness 3
7. Halo 2

Discretion
05-01-2002, 11:08 PM
3 Games :D

borka105
05-02-2002, 01:38 PM
In believable I meant that it had a whole story line to it, so that you understood what was going on. Halo infact also released a book, which helped really get into the game.

-Borka105