PDA

View Full Version : The elder question

Toast
05-01-2002, 07:15 PM
the elder scrolls- Everyone knows the main chunk of this game is in the province morrowind, but can you explore the other areas of Tamriel?
Like the other provinces, or is it just morrowind

khaos2005
05-01-2002, 09:27 PM
Just Morrowind. Hence the name. ;) I'm pretty sure I read that in the FAQ, so it should be correct.

JJaX
05-02-2002, 08:24 AM
http://www.elderscrolls.com/images/map/map01.gif

The island in Morrowind is called Vvardenfell, it is the home of the Dunmer (dark elves).

preetz16
05-02-2002, 08:48 AM
Um, I might be very wrong, but I think that you can explore the entire thing. Now, I'm not 100% sure, but if you look at all the screens you see far too many enviroments to be in just the Morrowind providence. I'm quite sure that the only reason it's called Morrowind is because of the events surrounding Morrowind, but I may have been wrong this whole time.

OppiumNitrates
05-05-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by preetz16
Um, I might be very wrong, but I think that you can explore the entire thing. Now, I'm not 100% sure, but if you look at all the screens you see far too many enviroments to be in just the Morrowind providence. I'm quite sure that the only reason it's called Morrowind is because of the events surrounding Morrowind, but I may have been wrong this whole time.

well i know u r wrong

frog11983
05-05-2002, 08:40 PM
lol, so it is just the Morrowind area then? Does anyone have any idea how big it is, like compared to square miles? I am just curious, because there are a lot of environments.

preetz16
05-05-2002, 09:13 PM
Just go to the official Morrowind forums...unlike us, our PC friends actually have the game. I'm sure one of them will tell.

frog11983
05-06-2002, 01:54 PM
http://epu.recongamer.com/morrowind/plexius/plexius_021.jpg

This map looks huge!

wow I can't wait for this game...

Tkf5000
05-06-2002, 08:16 PM
no where have u people been? its all of vvardenfell not just morrowind. then the game would stink. trust me i know this ive been waiting for this game a long time b4 xbox even came out and ive read all the q&a at their site. i think it is called the elder scrolls morrowind cuz thats were the disease started or something cuz the main storyline has something to do with a disease thats spreading across vvanderfell.either that or thats were your slave ship lands and u start there or sumthin.

Englishguy
05-07-2002, 12:23 AM
Quote:

no where have u people been?

Actually Tkf, where have you been. I've been reading about this game for only the last week and I already know more than you. But thats ok!! Cause you're going to like what I've got to say.

The ENTIRE GAME is on the island Morrowind. Thats it. Thats all. But the GOOD news is that the island is Freakin huge! I'm talking huge huge. People that have been playing the PC version have said that there could be upwards of 250 hrs gameplay. So I'd say thats not too shabby.

If you want some detailed info, go to teamxbox.com. I'm not trying to pump the site, its just more RPG oriented than Addict. Addict is more FPS I've come to find. The site will be down for a couple of days though, but when it comes back up there are some true hardcore gamers who have already put in close to 30 or so hours on the game and have still BARELY scratched the survface they say.

I'll also start a new thread with some of this info.

Tkf5000
05-07-2002, 03:04 PM
umm.. thats were ur wrong. morrowind isnt an island u idiot. vvarnderfell is the island. i know u can look at the map at morrowind.com. trust me i have been following this game b4 xbox has came out.

Englishguy
05-07-2002, 03:58 PM
Ok Tfk, Listen up, I'm going to tell you for the last time, so open up your little gradeschool writing level ears and pay attention for once. Ok? Greeaaaat.

You are right. The island is not Morrowind it is Vvvereddljskdjf whatever. But it IS and island. You stay on that thing the whole time man. C'mon, no need to call people idoits when they are trying to help out.

So don't start a flame war with me. I don't like to have to put down children, its typically against my better nature.

preetz16
05-07-2002, 04:27 PM
Why the hell is everyone getting angry over such a simple issue. I too thought that it was the entire continent until some one told me otherwise. My main point is, it doesn't matter! There is still a very wide range of enviroments, and the playing area is huge. We should be worring about getting it on time from our respective retailers from whom we preordered it, not fighting each other over mundane details.

frog11983
05-07-2002, 10:16 PM
I agree with preetz, it isn't worth fighting over.

It doesn't matter that is an island either, that island is freakin huge! It will provide plenty of exploration. Besides, as preetz and I were discussing before, having it on only one country, county, island, whatever you want to call it, will allow more games on different territories.

Tkf5000
05-08-2002, 03:45 PM
o and u can create spells for breathing under water and i read that there is a some small islands out in the water, notice i said small.and there are underwater places.