PDA

View Full Version : What I'm hoping for Halo 2

iliveonafarm
05-02-2002, 01:01 AM
Hey

With all this talk of the next halo game i thought i would say what i hope the developers do for the next one. Since we really dont know when they started on this we cant really make speculations on weather a demo or video of this game will truly show what it is gonna be like. I just hope they treat this like Rare treated Perfect Dark which was actually the sequel to goldeneye. They took thier time and made arguably one of the best games of all time. I hope they will add in multiplayer bots (the more the better), Have more than 10 levels, with maybe some unlockable ones after beating the game. More selection in weapons would also be nice, but keep the fact that you can only carry 2 at a time since this adds the the strategy alot. Graphically, there probably isnt much they could do, but it would be nice if the framerate didn't stutter at all. Dont get me wrong, Halo is still my favorite Xbox game, but it isnt perfect. I am very much waiting for this game and if it takes a long time then hopefully it will get better the longer it takes to get finished. Well thats my take on the situation. It took me alot of words to say it. Anyone agree/disagree with me?

Josh

Nato King
05-02-2002, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by iliveonafarm
Hey

I hope they will add in multiplayer bots (the more the better), Have more than 10 levels, with maybe some unlockable ones after beating the game. More selection in weapons would also be nice, but keep the fact that you can only carry 2 at a time since this adds the the strategy alot. Graphically, there probably isnt much they could do, but it would be nice if the framerate didn't stutter at all. I am very much waiting for this game and if it takes a long time then hopefully it will get better the longer it takes to get finished. Anyone agree/disagree with me?

Josh

I agree with you on the mulitplayer bots and the unlockable level. That would be really funny after beaten the game you get one to two extra levels. I also like that part when you said that we should have more of a selection in weapons. That is all I have to say about Halo 2.:)

XBOX Dude
05-02-2002, 09:34 AM
i think a great add on would be rocket packs so you could fly around that would be so cool:eek:

OppiumNitrates
05-02-2002, 10:34 AM
Halo 2 needs to have more vehicls, weps, levels, and should be harder also some weps sould have mulit-features. . . like a sinper rocket launcher. . . or an RPG(thats rocket propelled greanade, not role playing game) machine gun. . . high leve of AI intellagance. . . now im not saying he bad guys in halo r stupid, im saying they could be smarter

Kraft
05-02-2002, 10:41 AM
Call me crazy, but if you 'unlock' more levels after you've beaten the game. Haven't you in fact not beaten the game until you finish the new levels? Thats like saying you beat the original halo after the Library... and the levels after that were just bonus levels.

Duke
05-02-2002, 10:46 AM
As far as unlocking goes, I think it would be fine for multiplayer. (Like in Goldeneye) Although the mp levels aren't game levels, so I'm not really sure how they would implement it.

Personally, as long as the next one is as good or better than the first I'll leave the details to Bungie.

l Maximus l
05-02-2002, 10:53 AM
Here's a few things I would like to see:

1. More vehicles
2. Ability to fly Banchees in multi-player
3. More weapons - use of Flamethrower would be nice
4. Some handheld weapons would be great for melee attacks - an Axe would be nice. Or the ability to carry the blue sword.
5. Maybe a couple more power-ups...like the ability to temporarily jump higher or run faster.
6. Sniper - ability to zoom in up to 20x - also, to be able to reload without going out of zoom.
7. Ability to plant land mines - maybe some additional mines that can be manually blown up by holding a remote.
8. More big multi-player levels with the ability to use vehicles.
9. Land destruction - the ability to blow down trees, break down the wall sides...imagine shooting a rocket launcher above an opponent and watching him get crushed by a heaping amout of falling boulders and rubble :D
10. Bots in multi-player - have the ability to increase the difficulty in about 10-20 settings
11. Halo 2 to be formatted to 1080i (this is IMPORTANT!!!) for HDTV owners....also widescreen compatible.
12. On-line capable via XBox Live's online service
13. Also, the ability to have FOUR seperate teams for multi-player instead of two teams!!! This would be sweet! :D Imagine Blood Gulch having four bases!! Now imagine a game of CTF! :D
14. Multiple team colors other than Red and Blue

I'm sure there's more...but, those were off the top of my head :)

Spike Minoda
05-02-2002, 11:05 AM
how can you think of so much stuff? those are some great ideas! maybe allow like 32 players in one level! or maybe co op with 3 or 4 people. on the internet co op?

haha i just beat the maw on legendary. for you peeps that havent, you will like the ending sequence:D

X-Factor
05-02-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Maximus

1. More vehicles
4. Some handheld weapons would be great for melee attacks - an Axe would be nice. Or the ability to carry the blue sword.
5. Maybe a couple more power-ups...like the ability to temporarily jump higher or run faster.
6. Sniper - ability to zoom in up to 20x - also, to be able to reload without going out of zoom.
7. Ability to plant land mines - maybe some additional mines that can be manually blown up by holding a remote.
9. Land destruction - the ability to blow down trees, break down the wall sides...imagine shooting a rocket launcher above an opponent and watching him get crushed by a heaping amout of falling boulders and rubble :D
10. Bots in multi-player - have the ability to increase the difficulty in about 10-20 settings
11. Halo 2 to be formatted to 1080i (this is IMPORTANT!!!) for HDTV owners....also widescreen compatible.
13. Also, the ability to have FOUR seperate teams for multi-player instead of two teams!!! This would be sweet! :D Imagine Blood Gulch having four bases!! Now imagine a game of CTF! :D

I'm sure there's more...but, those were off the top of my head :) **Goes cross eyed**

Um...yeah, what he said. For multi-player in Halo 2, they need CPU bots. In Agent Under Fire, you can play multi-player by yourself, because you can battle CPU/AI bots. Also, you can have team battle against CPU/AI bots in team modes. They need that type of option in Halo 2.

As for other things I'm hoping for...

**points to Maximus**

-The X-Factor Smack http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

DZNUTZ
05-02-2002, 11:06 AM
new enemies...more enemies,
more grahic (in terms of gore,) since its rated mature anyways lets see some heads and limbs blown off
more weapons ..ie flame thrower/knife/mines
bots in multi player levels
ONLINE....XBOXLIVE...ONLINE
interactive enviroments like max said...i wanna blow down the base off a huge tree and watch it fall on some camped out behind a boulder!!

l Maximus l
05-02-2002, 11:13 AM
hehe...thanks for the props :D By the way, though...seriously, what do you guys think about having multiple teams rather than just two teams? I think it would be sweet!!!

In other words, instead of just having a red team and a blue team, also add a green team and a black team! (for example)

To me, that would be sweet!

DZNUTZ
05-02-2002, 11:19 AM
good call max...

Spike Minoda
05-02-2002, 11:23 AM

To me, that would be sweet!

yes it would, max;)

VAN
05-02-2002, 12:04 PM
My ideas for Halo 2:

The ability to play as a cyborg, human marine, or covenent soldier in multiplayer. Each would have their own advantages and disadvantages. A covenent soldier, for example, would be more dangerous with his native alien weapons, than with a stolen human gun, and vice versa. Perhaps playing as a human marine would grant you a keener eye when sniping, though he would be more easily killed do to the lack of body armor. The master cheif would be slower than the human, but stronger.

I'd like to see an entire level dedicated to water-based combat. Think Bloodwake, only better.

I'd also like to see an atv of some kind. Think about racing across Blood Gulch on your person military-style 4-wheel atv at an incredible rate of speed. Compliment this with a throaty exhaust sound and it would kick ass. It would have no weapons, but would benefit from being the fastest and most maneuverable vehicle in the game.

How about adding a few signal flares to the master chiefs supply bag? There have been many occasions in multiplayer team games when ive found myself surrounded by the opposing team members, only to find out that my guys were just a few steps away. Would be nice to be able to launch a signal flare to let your buddies know where you are if you need backup. Chances are you'll be dead before they arrive, but at least they'll be on the way to take out the guys that attacked you. Red flares...blue flares. Simple, eh?

How about adding multiple bullet types to the human weapons? The terrain might be littered with standard bullets, but searching out hidden areas may turn up different ammo for the guns. Exploding projectiles, anyone? Would add an extra degree of difficulty to multiplayer, since you'd never know exactly what kinda heat your opponent was packing inside that standard pistol of his. :)

Id like to see some kind of knife in the hands of the Master Chief. If you find yourself outta ammo, you should always have the knife to use in hand-to-hand combat, rather than having to resort to pistol whipping someone.

I agree that there is a need for bots in multiplayer. Imagine a new game called "kill 'em all", where you, your teammates, and your opponents are dropped into the center of blood gulch while The Flood advances from both sides. You can stop shooting the flood in order to shoot your opponents, but should you risk it? :)

I'm a huge fan of realism, so I would like to see dismemberment. If you shoot an enemy at close range with a blast from the Scorpion, you should see pieces of him all over the field. There needs to be more variety to the death animation.

Whew! I guess thats enough for now.

silvertrace
05-02-2002, 12:06 PM
a level editor would just be sick and the ability to keep stats with ur player name, maybe move up in rank over time giving ur chief more ability, like speed , quicker reload and such....kinda like perfect dark.........

any improvement on Halo would be amazing.....IMO

Ninja Scroll
05-02-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace
a level editor would just be sick and the ability to keep stats with ur player name, maybe move up in rank over time giving ur chief more ability, like speed , quicker reload and such....kinda like perfect dark.........

any improvement on Halo would be amazing.....IMO

I like the quicker reload idea silvertrace. Though you can just change your weapon. But it could be one like the sniper or another gun you need to save.
But just give me more weapons and im good to go!:)
Ya feel me!

silvertrace
05-02-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

I like the quicker reload idea silvertrace. Though you can just change your weapon. But it could be one like the sniper or another gun you need to save.
But just give me more weapons and im good to go!:)
Ya feel me!

*silvertrace lets our tears of joy as ninja scroll actually called him by his real name..............

u like me, u really like me...........................:eek: :D :) :cool: :) :D :eek:

OppiumNitrates
05-02-2002, 12:19 PM

1. More vehicles

I'm sure there's more...but, those were off the top of my head :)

nice max, deffinatly some good ideas. . . . hey bungie u get all that??

6. how bout more then 1 type of sniper rifle??

8. yeah halo lacks multiplayer maps w/ vehicles

9. thats an swsome idea. . i would love to do that to someone!!

13. I though this sould hav been in the first one and this is probly my biggest complaint in he game(other then no bots)
Imagine being the red team rolling up to a the blue base and having to kill the green guys trying to steal the blue flag that u came to heist . . . halo to the next level i think so...

l Maximus l
05-02-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

13. I though this sould hav been in the first one and this is probly my biggest complaint in he game(other then no bots)
Imagine being the red team rolling up to a the blue base and having to kill the green guys trying to steal the blue flag that u
came to heist . . . halo to the next level i think so...

Exactly what I was thinking!!! Mutliple teams would be sweet! Now, that woudl be a *true* 16 player game! The thought of 4 teams of 4 people makes my mouth water! :p

Does anyone know if this has ever been done before? I've never seen it, so, I'm not sure :confused:

OppiumNitrates
05-02-2002, 12:55 PM
there have been games with more then 2 colors for teams. . .bu ti dont thik that had a CTF game o play. . .to make something like this successful they would have to make a level like BG have 4 bases . . . . but a 16 player game 4 teams 4 players a team. . . . my mouth waters for that also max.

also instead of specific weapon and vehicle sets
i.e. human, no sniping or warthogs only

how bout a list of wepons and vehicls to toggle on and off at your descression

and how bout toggleing weather and day and night

snow or rain would make it harder to see great distances when sniping and they did put a night vison scope on the sniper rifle. . . for what that one board where u have to get into the alien ship??

l Maximus l
05-02-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
there have been games with more then 2 colors for teams. . .bu ti dont thik that had a CTF game o play. . .

Well, I'm not meaning colors of the teams as much as having multiple teams! Like 3 or 4 teams instead of 2! Oh man, that would be so sweet in Halo. But, my question is, is there another game that has ever done this? In other words, has another FPS game ever utilized up to 4 different teams all at once and playing multiple type games?

This would be crazy nutz for Race, too! Oh man, the possibilities!

By the way, props to your idea about changing the weather...and, also night and day...great ideas!!!

I'm not sure if toggling multiple weapons would be a good idea, in my opinion...only because I think it's a great stategy feature to only have the ability to carry two weapons...again, in my opinion :) Though, Turok's multi-player is pretty sweet in how you can carry mutliple weapons...hmmmm...... I'm not sure if that would give Halo justice though...good thought!!

OppiumNitrates
05-02-2002, 01:13 PM
dont get me wrong Max having only 2 weps is a huge part of the stratagy and im not trying to take that away . . .
im saying that when u make a coustom slayer game for instance u go to item options and there is a list of all the wepons and u can individually turn them on or off like if u wanted a game with only rockets snipers and the needler u can turn them on and all other wepons off
same with vehicls like only warthogs and ghosts in a game instead of all vehicels or just one type

as for a game with 4 team colors im pretty sure they had one but i cant remember it and im pretty sure that there was no CTF . . . but u could have had like a
1 v 1 v 2 in a deathmatch

Whisper
05-02-2002, 01:17 PM
There are so many things we want added to Halo2, we are setting ourselves up for dissapointment, because we know we wont get everything we want, so just sit back and let it happen

Liquid Gears
05-02-2002, 01:21 PM
I just want a hell of a lot more new vehicles. Also, I think they should make a speed boat or something.

Ninja Scroll
05-02-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
I just want a hell of a lot more new vehicles. Also, I think they should make a speed boat or something.

you mean like in GUNVALKYRIE? On foot or in vehicles? Or both?
Dont forget, you want the game to still have that realistic feel to it LG.:)

Ninja Scroll
05-02-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace

*silvertrace lets our tears of joy as ninja scroll actually called him by his real name..............

u like me, u really like me...........................:eek: :D :) :cool: :) :D :eek:

LOL, dude- I never disliked you. Im always ripping my fellow addict comrades with nicknames. It does'nt mean I dont like you.
Just ask maximus, aka waximus aka maxi-pad-imus, or Frostberg aka Frosty (everyones seems to call me that now even though I started it), aka frostburger (i like dat one), or F'N Show, aka F'N Joke.
Yo, I could go on and on. But your one of my dawg silvertrace.
You post worthwhile thought and I admire that.:)

JJaX
05-02-2002, 01:43 PM

Exactly what I was thinking!!! Mutliple teams would be sweet! Now, that woudl be a *true* 16 player game! The thought of 4 teams of 4 people makes my mouth water! :p

Does anyone know if this has ever been done before? I've never seen it, so, I'm not sure :confused:

Yes its been done before. 3-4 team CTF matches are insane. Very very difficult. The ability to make many teams has been around since quake 1.

2 vs 2 vs 2 vs 2 team deathmathes were always fun. They could even break each death into rounds. For example, the round starts and everyone goes at it. You get 1 life for that round. Last team standing wins the roud. 1st team to get 5 wins, wins the match.

You would be amazed of all the varous game types that are played on the net. People are making MOds every day, and Multiplayer will ever get old.

l Maximus l
05-02-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Yes its been done before. 3-4 team CTF matches are insane. Very very difficult. The ability to make many teams has been around since quake 1.

2 vs 2 vs 2 vs 2 team deathmathes were always fun. They could even break each death into rounds. For example, the round starts and everyone goes at it. You get 1 life for that round. Last team standing wins the roud. 1st team to get 5 wins, wins the match.

You would be amazed of all the varous game types that are played on the net. People are making MOds every day, and Multiplayer will ever get old.

Nice...imagine the possibilities for Halo! I hope they add this feature...it will be HUGE!

JJaX
05-02-2002, 01:49 PM
Look at all the bases.....

http://www.planetunreal.com/multictf/images/maps/aster1.jpg

Plewis
05-02-2002, 01:55 PM
i disagree with max about the banshees in multiplayer. It would be so hard to kill them. You would miss all the time with grenades and rockets... and how long would it take to go after em with a pistol? It would just be unfair... especially 1v1. and there are multiple teams like that in Ages of Empires 2. although its a different type of game... but that idea is awesome though

VAN
05-02-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by nobody at all
Great ideas, VAN! I commnd you for taking the time to write out all of those thoughts. You are the best, and I wish you were my dad.

Thanks to nobody.

:(

No love.

JJaX
05-02-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
i disagree with max about the banshees in multiplayer. It would be so hard to kill them. You would miss all the time with grenades and rockets... and how long would it take to go after em with a pistol? It would just be unfair... especially 1v1. and there are multiple teams like that in Ages of Empires 2. although its a different type of game... but that idea is awesome though

If Banshees were avaiable, im sure there would be a weapon that would take it out in a more effcient manner. Like a heat seeking missle for example.

OppiumNitrates
05-02-2002, 02:18 PM
hows bout the tank that could take banchee out no prob

but then again heat seeing missiles would kick major ass

and about banchees them things would come crashing down on your head. . .thats a ****ty way to die

ftyards
05-02-2002, 02:34 PM
I am hoping for the abiltiy to play the regular game with 4 people, more weapons, and a human aircraft. I am sure I can think of many more but thats it for now.

BounceMeister
05-02-2002, 06:30 PM
In addition to all that was mentioned before, i would like to actually see the birds fly that you can only hear in Halo1.

l Maximus l
05-02-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by BounceMeister
In addition to all that was mentioned before, i would like to actually see the birds fly that you can only hear in Halo1.

Yeah! Great idea! Also, it would be sweet if there was other types of livestock...maybe even some that you can gun down :D I'm actually serious!!! hehehe...sweet idea!

By the way, welcome to XBoxaddict!!!

faceoff508
05-02-2002, 06:55 PM
And one more thing, I think they should let us drive the Gohst Tank(the huge one)

l Maximus l
05-02-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
And one more thing, I think they should let us drive the Gohst Tank(the huge one)

Oh yeah! The Covenant Tank would be sweet!

EHWfedPres
05-02-2002, 07:22 PM
Halo 2 needs more multiplayer levels, more that support vehicles, more vehicles, more weapons, etc.