PDA

View Full Version : I finally bought Halo

Dre
05-02-2002, 02:38 AM
Well guys, I finally went out and bought Halo. I should of done this initially.. anyways, I'm off to play for my first time online.. hope I don't get killed too badly :)

Anyways, I hope I'll be able to play all of you peeps soon

Oh.. and I finished it on legendary today.. I really like the added scene in the ending :)

Lates,
Dre

Nato King
05-02-2002, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by Dre
Well guys, I finally went out and bought Halo. I should of done this initially.. anyways, I'm off to play for my first time online.. hope I don't get killed too badly :)

Anyways, I hope I'll be able to play all of you peeps soon

Oh.. and I finished it on legendary today.. I really like the added scene in the ending :)

Lates,
Dre

Yo Dre I am so glad that you finally came to the Halo side. Now there is one more person that can be online for halo. You said that you beat legendary in one day by yourself that is good.:)

Ninja Scroll
05-02-2002, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Serg_w

You said that you beat legendary in one day by yourself that is good.:)

I dont think that is what he said Serg W, he said he just beat it on Legendary.
If he did beat da whole game in one day on Legendary then I highly doubt he would be telling da truth:rolleyes:

But nontheless, it's about time you bought this classic title.
If anyone if their right mind owns a Xbox & not a copy of Halo then they need to be pimped slapped!;)

CoMATOSE
05-02-2002, 09:14 AM
the word "legendary" suggests its easier than it really is:eek:

and as funny as the little scene is its a bit of a dissapointment, but uts more than most games give ya!:p

DZNUTZ
05-02-2002, 11:21 AM
anyone that can finish legendary in one day....especially during the first week they owned it...is a video game GOD.:rolleyes: i still can't beat legendary on solo and i've owned it since day 1

Whisper
05-02-2002, 11:54 AM
THERES no way you can beat legendary on your first day... the library will take you a day on its one

l Maximus l
05-02-2002, 12:00 PM
When I first beat legendary, I did it with a buddy via cooperative play...and, all I can remember is running to a safe place so my buddy could respawn and also watching him running to a safe place so I could respawn! We must have done that over 100 times!! :D

That's not the case now...I must admit, my skills for the campaign mode dramatically increased after playing so much of Halo on-line! If you haven't played the Campaign mode for awhile since you have been playing on-line, try playing Legendary with Single player again! I'm doing it now and I'm about 2/3 from finishing! I think I died only 3 times so far! This is a dramatic difference compared to the time I played months back!!! :D

OppiumNitrates
05-02-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
When I first beat legendary, I did it with a buddy via cooperative play...and, all I can remember is running to a safe place so my buddy could respawn and also watching him running to a safe place so I could respawn! We must have done that over 100 times!! :D

That's not the case now...I must admit, my skills for the campaign mode dramatically increased after playing so much of Halo on-line! If you haven't played the Campaign mode for awhile since you have been playing on-line, try playing Legendary with Single player again! I'm doing it now and I'm about 2/3 from finishing! I think I died only 3 times so far! This is a dramatic difference compared to the time I played months back!!! :D

hell yeah dude. . . . i started a board on Legendary the other day and i was raping the covenant!! the skill level online surpases any AI level that can be programmed. . . . that is untill the gme starts cheating . . .

thinks of the people throwing their conrollers across the room and screaming at the TV when i start programming games*
heh heh heh

Dre
05-02-2002, 03:00 PM
Hey guys,

I finished it in 2 days and it was my buddy and I, and we often had to do the cheap "one guy stay back for a bit.. I'm going in" trick. It was fun.. but OMG was it hard. I can't wait to improve my skills online!

Anyhoo, I was just using gamespy, but I remember peeps talking about other services such as XBConnect. For a new online Halo'er which one do you suggest? I rather get comfortable with the levels in a skill level where I'm not getting killed every 30 secs.

And a little update on my first online Halo experience:

Me: 3 kills
Opponent: 25 kills

I really need practice I guess.. but just you wait...

l Maximus l
05-02-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Dre
Hey guys,

I finished it in 2 days and it was my buddy and I, and we often had to do the cheap "one guy stay back for a bit.. I'm going in" trick. It was fun.. but OMG was it hard. I can't wait to improve my skills online!

Anyhoo, I was just using gamespy, but I remember peeps talking about other services such as XBConnect. For a new online Halo'er which one do you suggest? I rather get comfortable with the levels in a skill level where I'm not getting killed every 30 secs.

And a little update on my first online Halo experience:

Me: 3 kills
Opponent: 25 kills

I really need practice I guess.. but just you wait...

Well, to be dead honest, Gamespy typically has easier opponents. The discoverers of XBConnect are usually more seasoned Halo gamers. But, all in all, XBConnect is a much better experience...especially if you are solo. Everyone is far more welcoming...and, the best way to get good is to play with tougher opponents...seriously! You can get up to speed very quickly!!!!

Also, the best way to improve your skills is not to play 1 v 1...atleast have 3 total players in an FFA :)

JJaX
05-02-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Dre
Hey guys,

Damn noobs :D

When i play legendary co-op, If one of us dies we revert to last check point. I think unlimited lives is stupid.

Get Xboxconnect, it provides better bandwidth, And your computer Savy so you shouldnt have a difficult time figuring it out.

l Maximus l
05-02-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Damn noobs :D

When i play legendary co-op, If one of us dies we revert to last check point. I think unlimited lives is stupid.

Get Xboxconnect, it provides better bandwidth, And your computer Savy so you shouldnt have a difficult time figuring it out.

Speaking of n00b!! It's XBConnect! Not XBoxconnect! ;)

*JJaX pulls Max's finger and Max blows out a colon creating skid marks on the boxers*

MixMasta
05-02-2002, 03:11 PM
thank god u finally got halo!!! i had a friend who got an xbox for xmas with halo and a few other games and he traded halo back to the store for nfl fever!!:eek:

silvertrace
05-02-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Speaking of n00b!! It's XBConnect! Not XBoxconnect! ;)

*JJaX pulls Max's finger and Max blows out a colon creating skid marks on the boxers*

everyone is a newb to me........hahahahahhahaa

*silvertrace shifts in his seat and a girly fart squeaks out................... :(

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-02-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by wwfraven2k
THERES no way you can beat legendary on your first day... the library will take you a day on its one
100 % agreed!
my halo stats:
bought feb 6 2k2
started playing april 7 2k2(was too busy playing nba id 2002)
mode:normal
current level:The Library(it has already taken 2 days)i need tips ppl!!!!

Xtopia
05-02-2002, 06:04 PM
Hey Dre, I am just curious...when did you get you XBox? If you got it at launch, but did not get Halo...kick yourself in the face right now!

ShannonX
05-02-2002, 07:43 PM
i'm definately not the greatests at halo online or offline. But i have noticed that since i've played some online that the game seems easier (but i take more chances too which means i die as much). I've been playing legendary co-op with one of my buds off and on, and having the 2 of us play makes it seem like normal with 1 player. I usually get killed because i'm to aggressive, i go in and dont watch what i'm doing, or some lame grenade finds its way over to where i'm shooting from.. i hate when that happens, specially when you dont even see it coming. Cant wait for some of the "true" online games to come out.

Alien
05-02-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia
If you got it at launch, but did not get Halo...kick yourself in the face right now!

I agree. Everyone who owns a Xbox should have HALO.....

Marc
05-03-2002, 12:43 AM
I've not bought halo yet, I'm hoping Halo 2 will have online play...if it doesn't I'll buy Halo I.