PDA

View Full Version : OXM has no love for XBA?!

Ninja Scroll
05-02-2002, 09:23 AM
Last week I recieved my latest issue of Official Xbox Magazine (June 2002) , but I never got around to reading it until last night while peeping out da playoffs when A.I. was droppin dimes on da Celtics!:cool:

Anyways, I read the mag page for page ( well, just about :D ) when I got to the end of the magazine and low and behold the were plugging da hell outta TXB!:eek:
I dont have no problems with those cats since they are supporter of the best d@mn console as we are here in da XBA's.

But it kinda bothered me I have to admit. OXM even went on the record to claiming TXB not only has the best website......but the "best Xbox forum on the net"!
In all respects to TXB, they may have 10's of thousands more members than we do,but does that make them better?
Hell naw!:rolleyes:

I actually visited them a couple times and saw nothing out of the ordinary topics in their forums! Their homepage is very attrative and set of nicely with cool graphics, but come on.
Give XBA some props too OXM! Yeah, XBA made their page a couple issues ago, but be fair.

I know by reading my issue late this topic "may" have been brought up, but I have not came across anything.

For the record, im not jealous of them. I actually will congrates them, but I just want our hard working staff to get their shine too.
Ya feel me?:)

Durden-XBA
05-02-2002, 09:31 AM
Ninja, we need more participants like you on this site... Spread the word and preach straight from your XBox bible!

I think what the mag was talkin' about with regard to their forums is that they have OFFICIAL game forums where the game developers actually come in and talk with 'us' commoners about their assorted projects.

Would any of you be interested in something like that here? Or is there really any reason for us to improve on the BEST DAMN FORUMS PERIOD? Remember, XBA is the place to be!

-The more members we recrute here, the better the stuff we can do for the users!!! Also remember if there is some news that y'all think is worth a look *Ahem* DZ NUTZ *Ahem* email it to a news editor here, and you'll get credit on the front page for the contribution! Please nothing too out there tho! Anyways, take care and enjoy yourselves! (I'm going back to sleep =) )

OppiumNitrates
05-02-2002, 09:35 AM
yeah dude i know what ya mean. . .i got that issue too it's like this website is the neglected step child of the Xbox
best forums at TXB though???. . . . . i dunno about that one

besides the only reason that OXM plugs them is cauz they teamed up and TXB has a list of all the people who are sending i pictures for the Elite points. . . . IMO most of the challenges suck and really dont make u elite at gaming i mean beating halo on legendaty is but stackin 15 master chifs or filling a base with vechils. . .com'n!?!?!? thats just stupid

XBOX Dude
05-02-2002, 09:37 AM
this place is the better fourm the only advantage i see for txb would be the people and i think the get to talk to game developers some times

Plewis
05-02-2002, 09:48 AM
yeah we had a thread about this a few days ago. I dont know what the problem wit OXM... didnt they team up with xboxaddict?:confused: Forget them... we dont need a magazine because we got XBA to give us the lowdown:cool:

Ninja Scroll
05-02-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Durden-XBA
Ninja, we need more participants like you on this site... Spread the word and preach straight from your XBox bible!

I think what the mag was talkin' about with regard to their forums is that they have OFFICIAL game forums where the game developers actually come in and talk with 'us' commoners about their assorted projects.

Would any of you be interested in something like that here? Or is there really any reason for us to improve on the BEST DAMN FORUMS PERIOD? Remember, XBA is the place to be!

-The more members we recrute here, the better the stuff we can do for the users!!! Also remember if there is some news that y'all think is worth a look *Ahem* DZ NUTZ *Ahem* email it to a news editor here, and you'll get credit on the front page for the contribution! Please nothing too out there tho! Anyways, take care and enjoy yourselves! (I'm going back to sleep =) )
Durden-XBA, thanks for the props bro, but we have several other... how should I say.... leaders by example?

As far as implementing more forums, ect, ect. I say the more the marrier! Really, I think the XBA-Staff could have conference call or something and figure out says to improve not only the forum but the site as a whole.
Re-freshing the homepage could be a start?
Anyone else with idea?

Young_Fledgling
05-02-2002, 09:57 AM
whhhhaaaaaaaa xbox addict rules!!!! lets all send a letter saying that they should put stuff about xbox addict since it is the BEST xbox site on the net! WHHHAAAAAAAAAAA:(

Brevity
05-02-2002, 10:05 AM
I was one of the first to get the Mag and then I read and posted on this very topic,,,,,,Then that night the whole thing just dissappeared, So I searched and not even my posts on the thread I made was there. I asked Mec and he didnt know so ,,,,,,I like that you have reposted this,,,,,,,but watch out the hobgoblins may come for your thread as well. I think that OXM said something nice about XBA in a issue awhile back? But I dont like the "Best site on the net junk either" They have more peps thats all. I like the quick responses here. And the people are nice ,,,,well most of them. There is that one guy w/all the band aids on him,,,the one trying to play like he's a ninja, he's always cutting into somebodys post with his not so funny humor sword. Or his I am incapable of logic ninja stars. Well other than him and atleast two others this site rocks.

Brevity
05-02-2002, 10:06 AM
hehe

Duke
05-02-2002, 10:44 AM
I've brought this topic up in a different way and it magically disappeared.

As far as forums go, these are the best.

DZNUTZ
05-02-2002, 11:35 AM
hey guys..i remeber this topic/thread awhile back
personally..i'm not to worried aobut it...they oviously (oxm) struck a deal with TXB and they need to plug it since oxm readers can now check out their gaming points for pulling off those challenges.

we all know who has the best forums and thats all that matters...
btw..durden..thanx for the compliment...i've never really thought about emailing the mods of this site all the new news i find and post...maybe i will someday...but its more important for me to get my fellow xba comrades the breaking news then to get credit on the homepage.
rock on XBA...rock on

Ninja Scroll
05-02-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
I've brought this topic up in a different way and it magically disappeared.

As far as forums go, these are the best.

I dont understand why you and dznutz say you both posted simular topics like this but hery fell off da forum pages!:confused:

Maybe the topic needed da infamous XBA role model, hero, & Icon-Ninja Jubei's seal of approval as thread maker!:D
Duno, but how do you all feel about the lack of OXM recognizing our hard working XBA-staff members?

Ninja Scroll
05-02-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Brevity
But I dont like the "Best site on the net junk either" They have more peps thats all. I like the quick responses here. And the people are nice ,,,,well most of them. There is that one guy w/all the band aids on him,,,the one trying to play like he's a ninja, he's always cutting into somebodys post with his not so funny humor sword. Or his I am incapable of logic ninja stars. Well other than him and atleast two others this site rocks.

I wanna laugh, but your joke on me is kinda confusing brevity!
btw, we need some more of your humor with da stick people again.
Maybe that will brighten up da topic at hand.
Remember da Ninja/Jjax/waximus stick dudes? lol!:cool:

Brevity
05-02-2002, 12:44 PM
The ninja and his master. I think ninja is the guy that is to the far left at intro,,,,,working w/the master. Max is the guy in the crowd or is that JJax?http://www.stickdeath.com/master.gif

DZNUTZ
05-02-2002, 12:47 PM
lol @ the stick theatre....

btw ninja....i didn't say i made those threads...i'd said i remember seeing em.;)

Brevity
05-02-2002, 12:48 PM
JJax/Ninja ? says " hay Max had a kid maybe its my turn to get back into the sattle?" "I think I will try some of those new Viagre's or what ever the hell there called" Pic from that night.
http://www.stickdeath.com/vi.gif

Ninja Scroll
05-02-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Brevity
JJax/Ninja ? says " hay Max had a kid maybe its my turn to get back into the sattle?" "I think I will try some of those new Viagre's or what ever the hell there called" Pic from that night.
http://www.stickdeath.com/vi.gif

LMAO!!:D dats mos def not me brevity! I dont see no Ninja Jr,'s in da near future bro! Straight chillin right now for me playa.

That seems to be more like Jjax's ass cause you know he's aways talkin about getting high, smokin, drink, and da purlpe pills!:D

E-Xbox
05-02-2002, 02:17 PM
i agree
i think that xba is way better than txb
we had the naki contest first
and we give away way more **** then them!

xba rules!

peace

Ninja Scroll
05-02-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox
i agree
i think that xba is way better than txb
we had the naki contest first
and we give away way more **** then them!

xba rules!

peace

Speaking of da Naki Case Contest, I have still yet to recieve mine.:( I emailed the respective people and no answers.

Oh well, I can always leave here and join TeamXbox.com

j/k:rolleyes: ...... for now

:D

MixMasta
05-02-2002, 03:15 PM
we should email oxm and make them reconize oxm!!! i think txb has like 21,000 members and we have over 7,000...so do u think we are the second biggest xbox site in terms of members??

maneatingcow
05-02-2002, 03:35 PM
I know that the original thread of this nature appeared a while back, but it was removed. As you can see, the original topic starts to slope towards a "XBA is better than TXB" thread.

OXM printed what they did, and what they printed is their personal opinion, similar to their reviews (They gave Kabuki Warriors a pretty high score, considering the game in question :D ).

You all have your opinions on which is better, and that is fine, but don’t start pointing fingers based on misinterpretation. We are all here to support the XBox, so any site doing so is good in my opinion.

I am done with the lecture now :)

<small>maneatingcow-xba runs to his moped….<small>

Kraft
05-02-2002, 03:41 PM
*watches MEC write people's names on the board and put checkmarks behind them. KB sits at his desk and wishes he wasn't in 2nd grade anymore*

kornavs19
05-02-2002, 04:34 PM
Yea, whats up with that. I wouldnt even want that many people cause then your thread would never get read and u cant c many others cause theyd always be changin. Im fine just where i am at my lil online home. But congrats to TXM.

kornavs19
05-02-2002, 04:34 PM
Yea, whats up with that. I wouldnt even want that many people cause then your thread would never get read and u cant c many others cause theyd always be changin. Im fine just where i am at my lil online home. But congrats to TXB.

FuNkY mOnK
05-02-2002, 04:37 PM
I post in a blue moon down at txb i haven’t been there since I read this post and was reminded. And let me say I don’t know what the problem is with their site but it’s damn slow, I mean, almost 10 seconds between clicks, I couldn’t tolerate it.

JADE8704
05-02-2002, 08:46 PM
i hear ya ninja...i used to visit txb before i came to xba...but then alot of immature people started posting pointless topics, and every once in awhile, you'd get a smart remark from one of the people there....no offense to txb...they have great reviews and all the top news, but i truly think our forum is 100x better than theirs...i just don't feel the love like i do when i browse these forums:D

EHWfedPres
05-02-2002, 10:52 PM
XBA has by far the best website...reviews, previews, user reviews, hype-o-meter thing, the latest news, etc.

DZNUTZ
05-02-2002, 11:12 PM
i for one agree.w/MEC.dont' get worked up over the oxm thing..we all love xbox..so ITS ALL GOOD (and of course...xba has the best forums ,hands down)

GRAVEDIGGER
05-03-2002, 08:50 AM
I second that motion DZNUTZ, because its true, we dont need to get all fire hot about what OXM said, because well all know that we have the the most fun here at XBA, with these great members, great giveaways, cool mods and the best dam forums around:cool:

Untill next time...:mad:

doughthe1st
05-03-2002, 08:55 AM
:cool: There's alot of reading to do in here I noticed!LOL:eek:

Ninja Scroll
05-03-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by JADE8704
i hear ya ninja...i used to visit txb before i came to xba...but then alot of immature people started posting pointless topics, and every once in awhile, you'd get a smart remark from one of the people there....no offense to txb...they have great reviews and all the top news, but i truly think our forum is 100x better than theirs...i just don't feel the love like i do when i browse these forums:D

Yeah, that's what im trying to say Jade8704, im not knocking TXB. I dont know what little meccy is refering too, cause this thread does not consist of dissing TXB in any shape or form like the otehr deleted thread he maybe refering too.
All of us are in the same boat together.
I was only upset cause OXM had da grape fruit to claim TXB was not only the best overall Xbox site on the net, BUT HAD THE BEST FORUM ON THE PLANET (or the universe, or was it world?) Either way it bothered me.
But as long as we know the true that's all that matters.:)

Ninja Scroll
05-03-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
i for one agree.w/MEC.dont' get worked up over the oxm thing..we all love xbox..so ITS ALL GOOD (and of course...xba has the best forums ,hands down)

As Shaft would say: YOU DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN RIGHT!!!!!!!!! :cool:

silvertrace
05-03-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

As Shaft would say: YOU DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN RIGHT!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Shaft......he's a BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD mother fuc...........SHUT YO MOUTH...............i'm just talkin bout shaft....................

i watched above the rim last nite too.........:cool:

Ninja Scroll
05-03-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace

Shaft......he's a BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD mother fuc...........SHUT YO MOUTH...............i'm just talkin bout shaft....................

i watched above the rim last nite too.........:cool:

Shaft is classic yo! Above The Rim? Dude,.. I miss 2Pac:(
That movie is just 2 sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!:cool: